dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 18

Viewing 4 posts - 1,001 through 1,004 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Think I have five lasers now.

What do you like? What do you dislike? What should I look for? Is green light better than red? Is is worth going for one that shoots a longer distance? What accuracy should I look for over a certain distance?

Perhaps some other members could tune in on this too? Guys?

I haven’t used a green laser, but I’ve heard they’re especially good for indoor work vs the old red lasers.

I’ve used a couple different laser levels, mostly the GLL2 and now the GLL3-80. Very different ends of the spectrum and I am SO much happier with the GLL3-80.

What I found was that, despite whatever the stated distance is, most of the more affordable red lasers are invisible in any sort of light (even interior) beyond about ten feet away. But the GLL3-80 I have used up to about thirty feet away in some instances. I also love the three different plane options instead of just two. And having the laser emitters outside the body of the tool gives 360* of laser line, vs having it inside which limits you to about 120*. Which works alright if you’re just looking to project onto a small section of wall, but for cabinets or anything going around a room, it’s much nicer to not have to reposition the laser and try to match everything up to the old position.

I would love to get to see if the green versions are really that much better than the red, but so far I’ve been pretty happy with my red line laser.

Thanks for the input.

I am kind of looking at the GLL 100 G. It probably won’t get used a lot, but it is the one that has the green line and looks pretty simple and compact without having to save up humongous amounts of points.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Think I have five lasers now.

What do you like? What do you dislike? What should I look for? Is green light better than red? Is is worth going for one that shoots a longer distance? What accuracy should I look for over a certain distance?

Perhaps some other members could tune in on this too? Guys?

I haven’t used a green laser, but I’ve heard they’re especially good for indoor work vs the old red lasers.

I’ve used a couple different laser levels, mostly the GLL2 and now the GLL3-80. Very different ends of the spectrum and I am SO much happier with the GLL3-80.

What I found was that, despite whatever the stated distance is, most of the more affordable red lasers are invisible in any sort of light (even interior) beyond about ten feet away. But the GLL3-80 I have used up to about thirty feet away in some instances. I also love the three different plane options instead of just two. And having the laser emitters outside the body of the tool gives 360* of laser line, vs having it inside which limits you to about 120*. Which works alright if you’re just looking to project onto a small section of wall, but for cabinets or anything going around a room, it’s much nicer to not have to reposition the laser and try to match everything up to the old position.

I would love to get to see if the green versions are really that much better than the red, but so far I’ve been pretty happy with my red line laser.

Thanks for the input.

I am kind of looking at the GLL 100 G. It probably won’t get used a lot, but it is the one that has the green line and looks pretty simple and compact without having to save up humongous amounts of points.

I didn’t realize there were any green lasers on the prize list, that’s great!

The one thing I’ve heard about green vs red is that the green eats batteries faster. But that’s the trade off for a more visible light I guess 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@mrtooljunkie this thread appears to be breaking 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

Thanks, @cmeyer25. Here is the link to the new thread:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-saving-up-for-version-19/

Orange County, CA

Viewing 4 posts - 1,001 through 1,004 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.414 seconds