dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 18

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

I’ve been looking for a deal on a Bosch miter stand
    Can’t seem to find one , so might just redeem for it when I get the points , still not decided what one.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Can’t seem to find one , so might just redeem for it when I get the points , still not decided what one.

Maybe it would be easier to just redeem for one. Then the problem is solved. LOL!!!
    I am still thinking about redeeming for the MR23 router.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Can’t seem to find one, so might just redeem for it when I get the points , still not decided what one.

That’s what I found. There are no wicked deals out there on the T4B stands, so I just gave up waiting for one and redeemed instead for it.

Can’t seem to find one, so might just redeem for it when I get the points , still not decided what one.

That’s what I found. There are no wicked deals out there on the T4B stands, so I just gave up waiting for one and redeemed instead for it.

Yeah that’s what I’m probably going to do

Doobie

There was only one part of the assembly of it that was a tad fiddly/tricky where you fasten the base rail assembly to the frame. The rest was eazy-peazy.

There was only one part of the assembly of it that was a tad fiddly/tricky where you fasten the base rail assembly to the frame. The rest was eazy-peazy.

Yeah I know I put together the one for the table saw , good instructions and straight forward
    Plus that’s part of my job assembly with dwgs , if I can’t do that stand I probably should be looking for another job LoL.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah I know I put together the one for the table saw , good instructions and straight forward
    Plus that’s part of my job assembly with dwgs , if I can’t do that stand I probably should be looking for another job LoL.

Some instructions aren’t like part dwgs. I would say some Dwgs I we uses at my old job were easier to understand then some instruction manuals.

Greg

Doobie

You may have read me mention when I put my 4100 stand together not long ago, I felt they kept the old manual for the slightly tweaked new base stand for it they changed from the 4100-09 to the current 4100-10 model I myself received.

The newer stand had some different shaped components which is what likely lent to its newer stand being ever so slightly lighter in weight versus the older 4100-09 stand. They just didn’t bother updating the assembly instruction diagrams for the modified components.

It wasn’t a brain smasher by any means to figure out that the drawings were not quite right, but I could see how not everybody may have figured it out easily what was being shown in the diagrams with what you had on hand.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I havent heard back about the L-boxx dolly, so I’m thinking I may need to focus on something else. I keep running into cord issues with my OMT. Like the fact that it needs an outlet to use it, lol. So I may get the cordless version, despite my lack of love for it…I need to use my OMT pretty often, and it just doesn’t make sense to be tied to a cord a lot of the time.

Charlie

Instagram

I havent heard back about the L-boxx dolly, so I’m thinking I may need to focus on something else. I keep running into cord issues with my OMT. Like the fact that it needs an outlet to use it, lol. So I may get the cordless version, despite my lack of love for it…I need to use my OMT pretty often, and it just doesn’t make sense to be tied to a cord a lot of the time.

I just saw that cart on OPB tools , it’s down to 149 for the update version with the swing out handle , I’m thinking about it.

Doobie

Since I bought my 18V Starlock, my two corded Feins have seen no action. I used it a while back hours on end and it held up fine. Didn’t get scorching hot. A 4.0 battery lasts maybe up to 45 mins with fairly steady use at a highish speed. Some have said they don’t like the grip over its body for holding it, myself it didn’t bother me at all.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Since I bought my 18V Starlock, my two corded Feins have seen no action. I used it a while back hours on end and it held up fine. Didn’t get scorching hot. A 4.0 battery lasts maybe up to 45 mins with fairly steady use at a highish speed. Some have said they don’t like the grip over its body for holding it, myself it didn’t bother me at all.

That’s my main issue – I like the grip on the corded model so much more. But it’s getting ridiculous how much of a hassle and time suck it is to deal with the cord.

But then, like a fool, I went and looked at the rewards list again, and noticed the 8.5” miter saw. It’s half the weight of the 10” glide I’m using now, but has the same cut capacity (except vertically)…it’s a lot more points, but for how much I’ve been lugging the glide around, it may be worth it to make it my dedicated shop saw instead and bring the smaller one to job sites.

Anyone have any experience with the old corded 8.5” model?

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s my main issue – I like the grip on the corded model so much more. But it’s getting ridiculous how much of a hassle and time suck it is to deal with the cord.

But then, like a fool, I went and looked at the rewards list again, and noticed the 8.5” miter saw. It’s half the weight of the 10” glide I’m using now, but has the same cut capacity (except vertically)…it’s a lot more points, but for how much I’ve been lugging the glide around, it may be worth it to make it my dedicated shop saw instead and bring the smaller one to job sites.

I took looked at the 8.5″ miter saw before decided to get the 10″ glide. But I wanted the glide for my workshop. I don’t know much about 8.5 miter saw. It would be nicer for jobsite saw when it is half the weight.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

IIRC Dan @woodman_412 used the 8 1/2″ as his jobsite saw. There may be some discussion around that in the archives somewhere.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Funny you should mention that , I was debating that also ,
    I opted for the 12 inch to update my older Bosch 12 inch
    I Then figured I’d wait for the cordless 8 1/4 saw to be available at the end of the year.
    I’m really liking the cordless for tools , can get pretty much everything done and not having to find plugs or extension cords.

That cordless omt is on my long list also.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I Then figured I’d wait for the cordless 8 1/4 saw to be available at the end of the year.
    I’m really liking the cordless for tools , can get pretty much everything done and not having to find plugs or extension cords.

I know, I wish they would add new tools to the prize list – if that cordless miter saw (or track saw, or new circular saw or…) ever got there I would be aiming for it for sure. But I think I’ll aim to save up for the corded version, and then see what happens in life by the time I get there.

Charlie

Instagram

I know, I wish they would add new tools to the prize list – if that cordless miter saw (or track saw, or new circular saw or…) ever got there I would be aiming for it for sure. But I think I’ll aim to save up for the corded version, and then see what happens in life by the time I get there.

Yeah I know , we all wish newer tools would have been added ,
    But like we all mentioned before , we don’t think anything will be added
    I was hoping for those cordless vacs , but I ended up buying other stuff myself

I’ve been putting a few bucks away for the two saws miter and circular

I’m hoping that they decide to add more to the Bosch cordless line up since they have the power to run them now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Cordless tools seem to be the way to go. I like the ones I have.

Greg

Doobie

IIRC Dan @woodman_412 used the 8 1/2″ as his jobsite saw. There may be some discussion around that in the archives somewhere.

He might be busy right now preppin for what will be left of hurricane Dorian. Looks like it’s headed straight at Nova Scotia right now.

woodman_412

He might be busy right now preppin for what will be left of hurricane Dorian. Looks like it’s headed straight at Nova Scotia right now.

The CM8S is the saw that I use for pretty much all of my onsite work and I’ve been very happy with it. The only time that I take my Axial Glide saw on site is if I’m doing large crown moulding where I need the extra capacity. The new cordless version of the CM8S looks nice since it is dual bevel.

We’re getting ready today for Dorian to hit. I was supposed to be going to a men’s retreat this weekend in PEI with a bunch of guys from church but that’s not going to be happening now. Hopefully it doesn’t get as bad as Juan was but we’ll get prepared just in case.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.024 seconds