dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 18

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I thought I was going for the 18 volt starlock oscillating tool but after pricing the blades I am reconsidering.

The blades are more expensive and they don’t interchange with the older blades do you can’t use them. I have a 12v Starlock and an 18V regular blade OMT so i can use my old blades or new blades.

The new blades are pretty pricey, but they last a good long time if you’re just cutting through wood. I have the corded Starlock OMT and mostly just have blades I got with the original kit. I’ve also got a few Imperial brand and Fein blades too, but the Bosch are far superior. And I think I’ll try and redeem for a ten pack soon – they’re only 44K on the list – assuming they’re still available. That would be an pretty decent price in my kind, lol. I’ve found them in ten packs for as little as $7-8/ blade…hopefully that starts to come down soon.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve also got a few Imperial brand and Fein blades too, but the Bosch are far superior.

I have found that as well that the Bosch OMT blades really last a long time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I’ve also got a few Imperial brand and Fein blades too, but the Bosch are far superior.

I have found that as well that the Bosch OMT blades really last a long time.

That’s what I expect from a quality brand like Bosch. Especially with any consumable cutting blades. Not all name brand products are like this though.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s what I expect from a quality brand like Bosch. Especially with any consumable cutting blades. Not all name brand products are like this though.

Kevin.

True which is why I stick with Bosch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Just turned in a request for some Bosch angle grinder diamond blades. Will see what happens if they will tell me how many points.

Just turned in a request for some Bosch angle grinder diamond blades. Will see what happens if they will tell me how many points.

That’s good , looking forward to hearing from you about this.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I hope you hear back.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I hope you hear back with answer.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I hope to hear back too with positive news too. Seems they would want to dump standard grinding blades with the xlock grinders and blades coming out?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I hope to hear back too with positive news too. Seems they would want to dump standard grinding blades with the xlock grinders and blades coming out?

Have you heard anything back yet?

I am still waiting for a reply from a few weeks ago.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’m still waiting to find out if the planer I’m getting comes with a battery or not, but I will likely be seeing if BTP still has 12V 4.0 batteries available. And then I’ll also probably ask for a ten pack of OMT blades.

Charlie

Instagram

I’m still waiting to find out if the planer I’m getting comes with a battery or not, but I will likely be seeing if BTP still has 12V 4.0 batteries available. And then I’ll also probably ask for a ten pack of OMT blades.

I can’t see them being out of the 4 amp batteries

I’m still thinking about what’s up next.
    Nothing concrete as of anything right now.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I can’t see them being out of the 4 amp batteries

I’m still thinking about what’s up next.
    Nothing concrete as of anything right now.

I hope not, but I’ve been looking online and not finding a lot of places that have them…are they maybe being phased out?

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This thread is pretty quiet these days.

What is everybody saving up for?

It looks like I am saving up for 10 inch Glide. If it is still available! I still have a ways to go.

Looking forward hearing what everyone is saving up for. I always enjoyed this thread hearing what everyone is saving for.

Greg

It looks like I am saving up for 10 inch Glide. If it is still available! I still have a ways to go.

Looking forward hearing what everyone is saving up for. I always enjoyed this thread hearing what everyone is saving for.

It has been pretty slow of late.
    That’s a good choice Greg , I believe Charlie has that model
    I Know a few guys that redeemed for those in the past , I think some of the people even went with the 12 inch model.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I think the next thing I’ll be saving up for is the L-rack.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It has been pretty slow of late.
    That’s a good choice Greg , I believe Charlie has that model
    I Know a few guys that redeemed for those in the past , I think some of the people even went with the 12 inch model.

Your right Brian it has been slow. I miss all the talk of what people are saving for.
    Yeah I do know Charlie has one. I know Jim has one and I think Peter has one also. I don’t have a good quality miter saw. I think I will stay with a 10 inch.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I put in for the small set of forstner bits last Friday evening. I haven’t heard anything back and the points have not come off yet. As far as saving, I really don’t have a goal right now, but there are a few things that look interesting. 12V drill and driver, MR23 router, OMT blades among them.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Frankly, for me it is likely a second of something I already have of something I don’t actually need. Feels shameful to say that, but I still enjoy this forum and its banter and sharing. And not to be a hypocrite, getting free stuff is still a fun part of it as well.

I bought one a few years on clearance at CT at a price I just couldn’t walk away from. I’m glad I did. It’s an excellent saw.

I think the next thing I’ll be saving up for is the L-rack.

Been pondering that one myself and incorporating it into my idea I mentioned in the Teal thread of a mobile worstation MFT cart for my motorized 18V Makita carrier. Still in the conceptualization phase though, so I’m not sure yet.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the 1250DEVS is on my list now

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,004 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.589 seconds