dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 18

This topic contains 737 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 2 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 738 total)
  • Author

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This why I thought about getting the CCS180-B14. As I have heard good things about it.

Yes modern cordless circular saws with the CORE battery are almost as powerful as a corded one.

This why I thought about getting the CCS180-B14. As I have heard good things about it.

Yes modern cordless circular saws with the CORE battery are almost as powerful as a corded one.

This good to hear. I have never used one before.

It’s a good cordless saw Greg. I have one myself and use it often. I even figured out a way like Dan Paterson did to hook up a dust collection port to the front of it for when I need to have extraction.

Thanks Kevin! I remember Dan having Dust collection on his saw. That is good that you were able figure out a way to get a dust port on your saw. That is a nice option to have when you need it.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The dust port is easily add to the Makita saw with one screw. It’s sold at WoodCraft.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

It’s a good cordless saw Greg. I have one myself and use it often. I even figured out a way like Dan Paterson did to hook up a dust collection port to the front of it for when I need to have extraction.

Thanks Kevin! I remember Dan having Dust collection on his saw. That is good that you were able figure out a way to get a dust port on your saw. That is a nice option to have when you need it.

I love the cordless Bosch circ saw, but it’s not really comparable to corded…I was on a roof about a month ago trying to cut through cedar shale, 1/2” ply and 3/4” skip sheeting all layered together, and my ccs180 was having a rough time even with my Core battery fully charged on it, just because it was so hard to keep it going straight. It would bind and stall every couple of feet (also could be my own lack of skill) but as soon as I borrowed someone’s DeWalt worm drive I was able to just rip right through it like it was nothing. So, I don’t know if I was just better at using the different saw (kind of unlikely I think) or if it’s what I suspect – that a corded saw just has a lot more power than the cordless Bosch.

But I’m hoping Bosch comes out with a new cordless model that will bring them back into the competition with the flexvolt and the new Milwaukee and Makita saws. I haven’t used any of those, but I’ve seen some pretty impressive reviews and as much as I love my ccs180 I’d love to see Bosch put out something new to match the competition (or leave them in the dust!).

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@cmeyer25 yup, I’m definitely with you about more power,
    It’s a great little saw,
    I am hoping see a more powerful and hopefully a 7 1/4 blade,

As for saving, I’m thinking maybe I can use the rotary hammer soon , but still not sure about the cordless or corded model? I would like to get more core battery packs.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I love the cordless Bosch circ saw, but it’s not really comparable to corded…I was on a roof about a month ago trying to cut through cedar shale, 1/2” ply and 3/4” skip sheeting all layered together, and my ccs180 was having a rough time even with my Core battery fully charged on it, just because it was so hard to keep it going straight. It would bind and stall every couple of feet (also could be my own lack of skill) but as soon as I borrowed someone’s DeWalt worm drive I was able to just rip right through it like it was nothing. So, I don’t know if I was just better at using the different saw (kind of unlikely I think) or if it’s what I suspect – that a corded saw just has a lot more power than the cordless Bosch.

But I’m hoping Bosch comes out with a new cordless model that will bring them back into the competition with the flexvolt and the new Milwaukee and Makita saws. I haven’t used any of those, but I’ve seen some pretty impressive reviews and as much as I love my ccs180 I’d love to see Bosch put out something new to match the competition (or leave them in the dust!).

I am pretty sure it is hard to compare a cord worm gear circular saw to the ccs180. Now it might be similar to the normal corded circular saw. I can’t say as I don’t have the ccs180.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But I’m hoping Bosch comes out with a new cordless model that will bring them back into the competition with the flexvolt and the new Milwaukee and Makita saws.

Yep their cordless circular saw is slowly losing ground as the other tool makers beef up their game.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

While I never use them, I’m pretty sure worm drives are much more powerful than corded circular saws, so that’s not really a good comparison. The drive system is different. It’d be like comparing the cutting power of a cabinet saw to a contractor saw.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

. It’d be like comparing the cutting power of a cabinet saw to a contractor saw.

It is a good way of comparing the 2 saws.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

While I never use them, I’m pretty sure worm drives are much more powerful than corded circular saws, so that’s not really a good comparison. The drive system is different. It’d be like comparing the cutting power of a cabinet saw to a contractor saw.

Hmm, that’s a good point. Maybe I’ll have to play with the one straight drive saw I have access to to see how it compares. It’s a Ryobi corded saw but it should work alright for this,

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

While I never use them, I’m pretty sure worm drives are much more powerful than corded circular saws,

Yes worm drive saws have more torque. Able to cut tougher jobs faster. No bogging down.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

A while back there was a discussion on the CCS 180 about a Handle swap so it would handle the core batteries. I have the older model that will only go up to the 4.0 AH battery. Anyone out there have that information?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

A while back there was a discussion on the CCS 180 about a Handle swap so it would handle the core batteries. I have the older model that will only go up to the 4.0 AH battery. Anyone out there have that information?

It can be used with the 5 and 6 ah batteries also, it’s just with the new core packs.

I just called my local Bosch repair shop , they are a certified Bosch dealer, they ordered the handle replacement, and gave me a email form to fill out, three party agreement, shipping paid and no charge, I just have to send it to them, they ship it back to me when it’s done.
    It’s a free upgrade.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

If you call Bosch customer service they can point you in the right direction for where you’re located too. 1-877-267-2499.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro

As suggested, call Bosch. The locations they use for handle swaps is often different than other repairs. When I did mine it was back to me within a week, but it went to some third part facility it seemed.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It can be used with the 5 and 6 ah batteries also, it’s just with the new core packs.

I just called my local Bosch repair shop , they are a certified Bosch dealer, they ordered the handle replacement, and gave me a email form to fill out, three party agreement, shipping paid and no charge, I just have to send it to them, they ship it back to me when it’s done.
    It’s a free upgrade.

That’s right. Just do it online or call customer service.
    It’s free of charge no matter if warranty or not because Bosch claimed the CORE 6.3 is 100% compatible with all tools. well not quite correct haha.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s a free upgrade.

Good deal. Lots on here have had it done. I need to do it as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

Hmm, that’s a good point. Maybe I’ll have to play with the one straight drive saw I have access to to see how it compares. It’s a Ryobi corded saw but it should work alright for this,

I’m thinking that a Ryobi is not gonna be as powerful as other brands anyways.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’m thinking that a Ryobi is not gonna be as powerful as other brands anyways.

Exactly. So if that one is more powerful than my ccs180 (and now I have a Core battery at work, so I’ll be able to test the cordless at full potential) I’ll know that it’s really still not comparable to corded power.

Charlie

Instagram

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

How long does it take to fully charge a core 6.3 battery?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

How long does it take to fully charge a core 6.3 battery?

I think the fast charger it only takes a hour. It’s supposed to be 45 minutes to get to 80%, but I’ve never sat around to test it. And especially not with the regular charger. I usually just pop mine on at night and grab it in the morning.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 738 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.975 seconds