dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 18

This topic contains 163 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 day, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 164 total)
  • Author

New thread for the old one that will break.

Here is the previous thread:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-aou-saving-up-for-version-17/page/50/

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Not much now 🙁

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I’m still saving for the FlexiClick.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-aou-saving-up-for-version-17/page/50/

Thanks for starting a new thread. Hopefully we’ll have the ability to redeem stuff to talk about on it. Right now I think I’ll stick with short term goals – I’d really like to get the plunge base for my mr23 router and I’m just about there.

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Thanks for starting a new thread. Hopefully we’ll have the ability to redeem stuff to talk about on it. Right now I think I’ll stick with short term goals – I’d really like to get the plunge base for my mr23 router and I’m just about there.

Looks like you and I are on the same page, Charlie. I have a request in for an MR23 and I’m saving for the plunge base, too.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think I will hold off shooting for anything until my very first redemption is realized. See how that goes then go on from there.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I am undecided what I am saving for right now. I was aiming for the Flex Click and I have thought about the CCS180-B14 with Core battery.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I am undecided what I am saving for right now. I was aiming for the Flex Click and I have thought about the CCS180-B14 with Core battery.

If you don’t have a cordless circular saw, I say go for it, especially if it comes with the core battery,
    But then again, it will depend on how much you will use it,

In terms of redemption items I think the FlexiClick is next for me, in terms of cash purchases I think a drum sander unless I decide to upgrade my dust collection system.

Will

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Looks like you and I are on the same page, Charlie. I have a request in for an MR23 and I’m saving for the plunge base, too.

It’s so funny how they worked the points out for those since the kit is more than getting the fixed base and motor then the plunge base separately. But yeah, that’s where I’m headed, I think.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Absolutely nothing on my radar on the current list. Doubt we’ll see anything new added anytime soon. I just like this forum and keep posting. I don’t really care about free tools much any longer. The forum means more to my enjoyment than that.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

If you don’t have a cordless circular saw, I say go for it, especially if it comes with the core battery,

Good suggestion. I didn’t think I would use mine much, but I am reaching for it a lot. It’s really a very handy package and a great reno tool.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

I love the Flexi – the attachment heads are great and real problem solvers. I really like the offset – screwing next to a wall or cabinet side without dinging the wall or chuck is awesome. Highly recommend that drill set. I put mine in an L-Box with the light and batteries. Perfect little set IMHO.

Orange County, CA

I think I am going to try and request the 12volt jigsaw – I am almost there…and having a little cordless saw would be handy – especially at the lumber yard sizing stock closer to length for a project than having the lumber yard cutting all boards quickly at the radial.

Orange County, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Good suggestion. I didn’t think I would use mine much, but I am reaching for it a lot. It’s really a very handy package and a great reno tool.

I love mine and use it all the time. It was my first ever redemption here and I am so glad to have it!

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I do have older Porter Cable circular saw. I really don’t like it. I find myself grabbing corded one more if I need to do alot of cutting. This why I thought about getting the CCS180-B14. As I have heard good things about it.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I do have older Porter Cable circular saw. I really don’t like it. I find myself grabbing corded one more if I need to do alot of cutting. This why I thought about getting the CCS180-B14. As I have heard good things about it.

Yeah, those older cordless saws are pretty weak compared to what we have now. I had an older DeWalt cordless for a while but ended up giving it away because I just couldn’t do anything with it. But the CCS180 I use all the time.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yeah, those older cordless saws are pretty weak compared to what we have now. I had an older DeWalt cordless for a while but ended up giving it away because I just couldn’t do anything with it. But the CCS180 I use all the time

Yeah they are pretty weak. I really hate using anymore. So this why I was thinking about the CCS180-B14.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This why I thought about getting the CCS180-B14. As I have heard good things about it.

Yes modern cordless circular saws with the CORE battery are almost as powerful as a corded one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Yeah, those older cordless saws are pretty weak compared to what we have now. I had an older DeWalt cordless for a while but ended up giving it away because I just couldn’t do anything with it. But the CCS180 I use all the time

Yeah they are pretty weak. I really hate using anymore. So this why I was thinking about the CCS180-B14.

It’s a good cordless saw Greg. I have one myself and use it often. I even figured out a way like Dan Paterson did to hook up a dust collection port to the front of it for when I need to have extraction.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.293 seconds