dcsimg

What are you Saving up For? Version 16

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I am looking at the 90 degree 18V drill bare tool.

the right angle drill (ADS181)? hurry up it’s a discontinued item. It might disappear from the list any time.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I am looking at the 90 degree 18V drill bare tool.

the right angle drill (ADS181)? hurry up it’s a discontinued item. It might disappear from the list any time.

Really, I was thinking of the 12 volt one, do you know if that one is discontinued, will they be coming out with newer models?

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

The Purolator saga gets worse.

When I talked to them Friday they told me they would attempt delivery Tuesday. Which would be OK, but as I had to go to Stratford Monday (today) I thought I would give them a call and pick it up at the terminal and save the hassle.

Remember, they could not change the status to “pick up” unless the piece was at the terminal.

So I phoned them this morning to change it to “pick up”, and it’s on the truck again! I told them to change it to Wednesday as if they didn’t get it here within an hour there would be no one here. They won’t drop it at a neighbours place either.

Sheesh! I wish they would stick to their own story.

Thats brutal. I’ve had a few problems with them myself and have been tempted to get the window sticker that allows them to just leave packages that require a signature, but I’ve got friends who have even more problems with that.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The conclusion of the Purolator story….if you’re interested.

On my way home from my CT scan I saw a Purolator truck near home. I pulled over and asked if he had the package and he replied that he had delivered it to number 8….the yellow house.

They delivered the bit……to the wrong house. They went to Main Street instead of Second Avenue. The guy was home and signed for it. Good thing I know most of the folks around here and they are pretty decent folks. I went to his place and he had it sitting there and was going to walk it down to my place.

I think I may have to wait for Bosch Canada to change carriers before redeeming again. That can’t happen too soon.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

On my way home from my CT scan I saw a Purolator truck near home. I pulled over and asked if he had the package and he replied that he had delivered it to number 8….the yellow house.

They delivered the bit……to the wrong house. They went to Main Street instead of Second Avenue. The guy was home and signed for it. Good thing I know most of the folks around here and they are pretty decent folks. I went to his place and he had it sitting there and was going to walk it down to my place.

I think I may have to wait for Bosch Canada to change carriers before redeeming again. That can’t happen too soon.

Unreal. What kind of training are they doing with their people. That’s nuts!

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Thats just crazy. I’ve only ever had to play the waiting game wile packages cycle through their lovely system.

I could only imagine the long drawn out process they would have to determine a delivery to the wrong address had you not known the person.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They delivered the bit……to the wrong house.

Oh man that is really bad for a package company to do that. Figure they would have GPS verification to ensure they have the correct address.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Glad you finally got it sorted out.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Hangman
    Pro

The ADS181 is definitely being discontinued but Amazon has it with an L-Boxx at a good price. Now that they have the Bosch GSR12V Max Flexiclick 5-In-1 Drill/Driver System it does the right angle and more.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EPE7NQG?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-a0049-mac00-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-scomp&ref=bit_scomp_sav0

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The ADS181 is definitely being discontinued but Amazon has it with an L-Boxx at a good price. Now that they have the Bosch GSR12V Max Flexiclick 5-In-1 Drill/Driver System it does the right angle and more.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EPE7NQG?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-a0049-mac00-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-scomp&ref=bit_scomp_sav0

Ya that price is pretty good. I’ve seen my local Lowe’s put them on clearance. The bare tool is priced very well. I actually thought about it

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Hangman
    Pro

Never thought about the 18V tool to be honest, I’ve got the Bosch PS10-2A 12-Volt Driver Kit.
    That was my first Bosch cordless tool bought over a decade ago, it made me money hand over fist installing window treatments. It’s still going strong though it doesn’t see as many projects these days. The original 1.5ah batteries still charge perfectly, though the original 30 minute charger died.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Ya that price is pretty good. I’ve seen my local Lowe’s put them on clearance. The bare tool is priced very well. I actually thought about it

Yes that is a good price, I could not believe the charges for shipping to Canada 😮
    Oh well,

Doobie

Yes that is a good price, I could not believe the charges for shipping to Canada 😮
    Oh well,

Everywhere I look for it here in Canada I can only find the bare tool without the L-Boxx and it’s going for $169.

I have its 12V version and really like it. But I wouldn’t mind getting the 18V model at a good clearance also.

Oh well,

Everywhere I look for it here in Canada I can only find the bare tool without the L-Boxx and it’s going for $169.

I have its 12V version and really like it. But I wouldn’t mind getting the 18V model at a good clearance also.

Ah good information Kevin, how do you like the 12 volt, I was thinking about getting that one for work at the shop.
    Hoping to see the 18 volt coming down for liquidation eventually here also.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am still not sure what I want yet. I took a look at the rewards list. The GXL18V-225B24 18 V 2-Tool Combo Kit with (2) CORE18 V 6.3 Ah Batteries has my interest. I have along ways to for these tools.

You definitely wouldn’t be disappointed with that kit. It would be worth the wait for sure.

I sure it will be the worth the wait also.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Kevin, how do you like the 12 volt, I was thinking about getting that one for work at the shop.

It’s fine. No complaints. For a twelve volt tool it works great. I don’t use it often, but it has decent power. I have both the drill and the hex driver.

Kevin, how do you like the 12 volt, I was thinking about getting that one for work at the shop.

It’s fine. No complaints. For a twelve volt tool it works great. I don’t use it often, but it has decent power. I have both the drill and the hex driver.

Thanks Kevin, it would be primarily for the shop, working on either controls or in the cockpit, not much room, especially for tapping / drilling or even driving, sometimes we have to get into the pedestals or mip in a 6 to 8 inches wide electronic tray, and about anywhere from either 8 to easily 10 inch depth, we usually use the air corner drill, very small, I’ll post a picture tomorrow, but instead of finding a airline and setting up, I thought this would be quicker and easier.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I can’t wait to see if new tools hit the list after the WOC show?? Not sure what I’m getting next but I’m half way there.

Doobie

Thanks Kevin, it would be primarily for the shop, working on either controls or in the cockpit, not much room, especially for tapping / drilling or even driving, sometimes we have to get into the pedestals or mip in a 6 to 8 inches wide electronic tray, and about anywhere from either 8 to easily 10 inch depth, we usually use the air corner drill, very small, I’ll post a picture tomorrow, but instead of finding a airline and setting up, I thought this would be quicker and easier.

The Flexi with its RA head might be better. The 12V RA is a lot larger than it looks in photos.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I’m just over 110K piggies. Is it safe to look at the list yet?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you Saving up For? Version 16’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.373 seconds