dcsimg

What are you Saving up For? Version 16

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Well, my big router bit, the one I redeemed for mid December, has been sitting at Purolator for over a week now. Although they had my phone number, no one called to clarify the address. I finally put in the tracking number a few days ago and found this out, so I phoned them, and emailed them, and straightened out the confusion. I was told it would be delivered today. It wasn’t. So I did the tracking number again and it said “delivery attempted, receiver unavailable”…..which is a lie, because I have been here all day. So I phoned and asked if I could pick it up Monday as I have to go in to Stratford for a CT scan that day anyway. The girl on the phone said she could not change the status of it because…..IT IS STILL ON THE TRUCK! It has to be in the terminal for her to be able to change it. She did not seem interested in the least when I told her what the tracking status said and that I have been here (waiting) all day. Man, what a run around by a bunch of incompetent morons.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

my friends rotary laser broke a few days ago which we always used at the job.
    right now we are using his optical laser instead, but it’s a two man job.
    Maybe I am able to save up for a new rotary laser to bring with me to work. honestly my friend is a bit too cheap to invest into new tools haha.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

my friends rotary laser broke a few days ago which we always used at the job.
    right now we are using his optical laser instead, but it’s a two man job.
    Maybe I am able to save up for a new rotary laser to bring with me to work. honestly my friend is a bit too cheap to invest into new tools haha.

Once you don’t have a second man the Optical becomes a one man job.

Doobie

Well, my big router bit, the one I redeemed for mid December, has been sitting at Purolator for over a week now. Although they had my phone number, no one called to clarify the address. I finally put in the tracking number a few days ago and found this out, so I phoned them, and emailed them, and straightened out the confusion. I was told it would be delivered today. It wasn’t. So I did the tracking number again and it said “delivery attempted, receiver unavailable”…..which is a lie, because I have been here all day. So I phoned and asked if I could pick it up Monday as I have to go in to Stratford for a CT scan that day anyway. The girl on the phone said she could not change the status of it because…..IT IS STILL ON THE TRUCK! It has to be in the terminal for her to be able to change it. She did not seem interested in the least when I told her what the tracking status said and that I have been here (waiting) all day. Man, what a run around by a bunch of incompetent morons.

I have been thru that same scenario with Puro so many times. Puro is the worst in my books for BS phoney deliveries it makes me sick.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have ran to this problem a few time with them. If I am not home they have dropped of my packages at NAPA as it Purolator Depot. This same thing happen to my wife about a month ago. They seem to be the only ones.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It’s a real bummer when that sort of thing happens. I guess I’m lucky cause Purolator here is very reliable. Maybe you have a poor driver in your area.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

I’ve actually seen from the window of my office the Puro gets out of his truck, puts the sticker for a non-delivery on my door without knocking or even having the package in his hands and walk back to leave. Now how lazy is that??? It’s happened twice actually, each time with me having to rush out and grab him before he leaves. The guy doesn’t even seem to care when he gets caught which is even more infuriating. None of the other delivery companies are like this, just Purolator.

Bosch will release two new cordless vacuum this year.
    GAS 18V-1 – release in Q1/Q2 (handheld vacuum)
    GAS 18V-10 L – release in Q2 (canister vacuum)

I went and searched for those two vacs and found them.

http://www.bosch-professional.com/kw/en/cordless-vacuum-cleaner-gas-18v-1-225590-06019c6200.html

https://toolcraze.net/bosch-18v-cordless-wet-dry-dust-extractor-gas-18v-10-l/

Very interesting new portable vacs. I do recall now seeing the bigger one some months ago but hadn’t looked at it in any detail.

Yes those are the vacuums I’m talking about, I have seen a few people on Instagram get some, I’m looking forward to seeing them on the shelves.
    Or even on the list,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thinking about going for one of the 360-degree lasers. Have a cross-line, but thinking that the 3-plane would be really nice for recessed cans. I’m almost at the 2-plane though, but I’m thinking the 3 is almost a must-have for my main use.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’ve actually seen from the window of my office the Puro gets out of his truck, puts the sticker for a non-delivery on my door without knocking or even having the package in his hands and walk back to leave. Now how lazy is that??? It’s happened twice actually, each time with me having to rush out and grab him before he leaves. The guy doesn’t even seem to care when he gets caught which is even more infuriating. None of the other delivery companies are like this, just Purolator.

Wow that’s pretty bad. I will agree Purolator is the company I have had problems. If know Purolator is delivering my package. I leave a note on the door with instructions what do with my package.

Greg

Hangman
    Pro

As it goes I have no shortage on 12V batteries between my FLA12’s and other tools. Do love the 4.0 and definitely can wait on the 6.0 version while racking up points.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thinking about going for one of the 360-degree lasers. Have a cross-line, but thinking that the 3-plane would be really nice for recessed cans. I’m almost at the 2-plane though, but I’m thinking the 3 is almost a must-have for my main use.

That GLL3-80 is a very nice 3 plan laser!! I have it and when it’s needed it a dream to use.

Doobie

I pretty well have enough for the bare tool new compact recip but I’m gonna hold off for now. Either I’ll just keep going for another 50K points to get the kit with the Core battery, or I may go for something else that catches my eye.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That GLL3-80 is a very nice 3 plan laser!! I have it and when it’s needed it a dream to use.

Good to hear! That extra 100k is going to take a while, but it’s silly going with one that doesn’t do all that I want. If I end up really needing it before then, I’ll just buy it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am still not sure what I want yet. I took a look at the rewards list. The GXL18V-225B24 18 V 2-Tool Combo Kit with (2) CORE18 V 6.3 Ah Batteries has my interest. I have along ways to for these tools.

Greg

Hangman
    Pro

On EBay you can get two Core batteries and a quick charger for a good deal. If you get them from a reputable seller they will register them under the Provantage 3 Year warranty. Never can say enough good things about the Core having 4 of them in use. Do really enjoy that this site has points towards gear, it’s buzz worthy for us buffs!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I pretty well have enough for the bare tool new compact recip but I’m gonna hold off for now. Either I’ll just keep going for another 50K points to get the kit with the Core battery, or I may go for something else that catches my eye.

Same boat here have enough for the bare tool but going for the new charger and CORE battery.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I am still not sure what I want yet. I took a look at the rewards list. The GXL18V-225B24 18 V 2-Tool Combo Kit with (2) CORE18 V 6.3 Ah Batteries has my interest. I have along ways to for these tools.

You definitely wouldn’t be disappointed with that kit. It would be worth the wait for sure.

staker
    Pro

I am looking at the 90 degree 18V drill bare tool.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The Purolator saga gets worse.

When I talked to them Friday they told me they would attempt delivery Tuesday. Which would be OK, but as I had to go to Stratford Monday (today) I thought I would give them a call and pick it up at the terminal and save the hassle.

Remember, they could not change the status to “pick up” unless the piece was at the terminal.

So I phoned them this morning to change it to “pick up”, and it’s on the truck again! I told them to change it to Wednesday as if they didn’t get it here within an hour there would be no one here. They won’t drop it at a neighbours place either.

Sheesh! I wish they would stick to their own story.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you Saving up For? Version 16’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.218 seconds