dcsimg

What are you Saving up For? Version 16

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Not 100% sure now. The 1619evs router that I put in a request for has been discontinued. And removed for the list.

I’m sorry to hear that. I have one mounted in a table; It does just a fantastic job.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Not 100% sure now. The 1619evs router that I put in a request for has been discontinued. And removed for the list.

I’m sorry to hear that. I have one mounted in a table; It does just a fantastic job.

Yea guess I’ll have to look at the big Porter Cable or Milwaukee routers now that Bosch no longer makes one.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Yea guess I’ll have to look at the big Porter Cable or Milwaukee routers now that Bosch no longer makes one.

That sucks!

Here’s my take on both those alternatives Ron from an old post of mine on this on them. FWIW.

https://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/forum/tools/power-tools/32628-porter-cable-3-25-hp-or-milwaukee-3-5-hp-router

Hangman
    Pro

That’s unfortunate they don’t have that router anymore. One definitely can have a few routers to make things easier than changing out bits for repeated tasks. Looking forward to the new 12V router and seeing what it does, such a crazy design!!!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I know it’s not as powerful as the 1619 evs, but is the MRC 23 EVS a good router for in a table?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well sorry hear this.

I have been wanting to get the 1617EVS. But I am not in a hurry for one. I have other things I want to get first.

I am still saving for the GXL18V-225B24 kit.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Sorry to hear that Ron,
    Wondering why they discontinued it?
    Was it problematic, or just not a big Seller,
    So what will you look at on the list now?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I know it’s not as powerful as the 1619 evs, but is the MRC 23 EVS a good router for in a table?

Probably be good. I have the 23 and the 1617. The 1617 is in my router table now. And it does good. I was wanting the 1619 for some larger panel bits.

Sorry to hear that Ron,
    Wondering why they discontinued it?
    Was it problematic, or just not a big Seller,
    So what will you look at on the list now?

Not sure why Brain. Jim didn’t say.

I still want some router bits so that might still be one thing I look into.

Ron

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Juat when you need something it gets discontinued. I’ve had that happen on the list a few times myself.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I went ahead and put in for the cabinet routing bit set and the MRF23EVS router. With the 15 amp motor maybe it will spin the panel bit in a table.

Ron

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

With such an extensive bit line between Bosch and Freud, not having a large router seems odd. I would bet it is being upgraded to a newer model.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I went ahead and put in for the cabinet routing bit set and the MRF23EVS router. With the 15 amp motor maybe it will spin the panel bit in a table.

No reason why it won’t do a nice job for you. I sometimes think the 1619 I am using is a bit of overkill but it does do a nice job on doors.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

It should. Just watch for overheating if you’re doing a big run.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Congrats – I love mine, and haven’t had any trouble with it blogging down on anything yet. I’ve had it for a few years now, and I bet you’ll be tearing through panels no problem.

Charlie

Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That will be a great help in your shop.. That was a lot of piggs that went to the slaughter house.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

congrats on the redemption. too bad the 1619 is not available anymore

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Congratulations Ron, well deserved, and I’m sure you will put them to great use.
    Looking forward to seeing you get them going.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congrats. I hope it works out for you.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Still working towards the 3-plane laser. Can’t really see anything else, other than maybe the gravity stand for my miter.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Looking forward to the new 12V router and seeing what it does, such a crazy design!!!

The design looks odd, but it makes sense after using it.
    I’m looking forward to the new 12v bats to smash them into the 12V tools

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you Saving up For? Version 16’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.682 seconds