dcsimg

What are you Saving up For? Version 16

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I just saw that it looks like there’s a kit option now for the older cordless recip – comes with a battery and charger even. It’s not a Core, but that may alter my plans a bit. 90K is a lot more doable than 270K and I really need another charger…

Plus, another 4 Ah would probably be just fine for he amount I’d be using it.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Question is the charger in the CORE battery kit different from the charger in the regular battery kits?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Question is the charger in the CORE battery kit different from the charger in the regular battery kits?

It is – it’s a fast charger with an integrated fan. Works with all of the 18v batteries, not just core.

I know that they have two chargers with the fans, both are quick chargers. The first generation was the 630 I think, and the new 1880 was built especially for the new core batteries.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Still not sure, still waiting on the router bit to come in. Just letting the points build for now and trying to avoid looking at the rewards page for now. Shop time has been absent for the last little while, too cold in there.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I know that they have two chargers with the fans, both are quick chargers. The first generation was the 630 I think, and the new 1880 was built especially for the new core batteries.

Do you know what the charge times are for a Core on the different chargers? Is there a significant difference?

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

It is – it’s a fast charger with an integrated fan. Works with all of the 18v batteries, not just core.

I was wondering that too, thanks for the answer.

Do you know what the charge times are for a Core on the different chargers? Is there a significant difference?

Nope- I only use my core charger for everything now.

I can’t say, I don’t have any core battery packs yet, but I do know that they are very close I assume in time for the 4ah battery packs that I do have. When I put two batteries at the same time, they seem to be charged at the same time, never really thought about timing them, but when I put two depleted battery packs on them, when I go back into the garage just after 40 minutes, both have stopped charging.

I definitely think I will be thinking about getting a kit with the core battery packs,

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

There is a significant difference but I’ve never timed the difference. I’ve ended up with a couple of the fast chargers somehow and I use them for all of my 18v bosch batteries including the cores. I think maybe 45 mins or an hour for an empty core and it seems like 2.0 slim packs are charged in about 17-20 mins. It’s ‘Makita’ fast.

j

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I still haven’t decided what to save for. I guess time will tell. I haven’t looked much at the reward list.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I’m still working on that new recip saw kit with the CORE batteries.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Im still on the fence, but seeing the 18V grinder with a CORE battery has my attention.

The l-boxx seems to have fallen off in what folks want. I wonder if the move to not package tools in l-boxxes any more is having a negative affect on demand here and elsewhere.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The l-boxx seems to have fallen off in what folks want. I wonder if the move to not package tools in l-boxxes any more is having a negative affect on demand here and elsewhere.

An I-boxx for me is a “nice to have” but not a deal breaker. Most of my tool use is in the shop and I find individual tool containers unnecessary and wasteful of space.

I do keep my 12v drill and driver in an I-boxx for portability, that’s the exception. I probably could use 1 or 2 more but not high on my priority list.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

I’m sure it’s been asked somewhere before, but can somebody tell me whether you can, or even should for that matter, charge a Core battery on ANY of the 18V Bosch chargers, or do you have to use the chargers that come with a Core battery?

I’m sure it’s been asked somewhere before, but can somebody tell me whether you can, or even should for that matter, charge a Core battery on ANY of the 18V Bosch chargers, or do you have to use the chargers that come with a Core battery?

I think it can be charged with the regular basic Bosch charger, just probably will take longer, but if you have two core batteries, I don’t see a problem with waiting for them.
    That being said, I do prefer the Bosch chargers with those fans,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

No one interested in the new tool/core kits? A bunch have been added

Yes and no. I have more than I need of 18V batteries, and while having the more powerful Core batteries wpuld be nice, I don’t feel it’s a necessity for any tool.

Or are they?

Does using a Core versus a non-Core on certain tools make any of them that much significantly better to use? If yes, which tools? (Assume battery charge duration is of no consequence to me.)

My answer must went to spam because I know I answer this a few days ago.

I definitely feel and see a difference when using the CORE on my grinder. it does not slow down when pushing hard into the material. Also it adds more rpm and yeah runtime too. I get more use out of a CORE than with a 6.0ah battery.
    I enjoy the CORE more in my grinder than a 4.0 or 6.0ah battery.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I think it can be charged with the regular basic Bosch charger, just probably will take longer, but if you have two core batteries, I don’t see a problem with waiting for them.
    That being said, I do prefer the Bosch chargers with those fans,

So do I. The older non fan ones have a low tone buzz all the time when they sit idle. I actually keep those ones plugged into a power bar which I have on a timer. Whenever I use those chargers I just set the timer to two hours so that those chargers aren’t on buzzing otherwise. I just figure that buzzing is eating away at the lifespan of those chargers somehow, never mind eating up electricity for nothing when not actually charging a battery. The fan cooled ones don’t have this buzzing characteristic and I plug them directly into outlets.

I actually found that finding timers that just power sets amount of time were hard to find. Just about all chargers are those dial clock type or digital chargers that people use to set for lights to come on for set hours of the day. Finding ones that you can just depress a button for a certain duration are rare it seems. When I went searching for this, HD and Canadian Tore had none but Lowes had one type that did the job. There were tons of time of day chargers, just none for what I wanted other than the one model I found at Lowes.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

An I-boxx for me is a “nice to have” but not a deal breaker. Most of my tool use is in the shop and I find individual tool containers unnecessary and wasteful of space.

I do keep my 12v drill and driver in an I-boxx for portability, that’s the exception. I probably could use 1 or 2 more but not high on my priority list.

I don’t have L-Boxxes yet. I am not I need one. I have a 2 tool bags I put my tools in if I need to take some where or I do store them in the tool bag.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you Saving up For? Version 16’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.940 seconds