dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 14

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

Well looks like I saved up for the GBL18V-71N 18V Blower (Bare Tool). Just ordered it.

Congrats Bill. Your comments on the tool will be appreciated once you put it to use. Do you have the Milwaukee 0884-20 M18 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion Compact Handheld Blower to compare the 2?

Woho just ordered the blower
    thanks jim (happy dance) (happy dance) lol

Haha, nice! I know the feeling 🙂 I can’t wait to hear all about it.

Haha yeah thanks Charlie.
    Most definitely will be posted up here.

@r-ice
    and @utopia78 and @madman_us thanks, really looking forward to using this blower.

@rerun_1965
    that’s always a good choice, I’m liking the ones I have also. Keep plugging away and you will get there, what are you using the other boxes for right now.

@theamcguy
    congrats Bill, I have a feeling this blower will be scooped up fast

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Think I might go for another pair of Blakläder shorts next. My only other pair is fitting a little too tight as I haven’t worked off my winter fat yet. Ugh!

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to get the same model as they don’t carry them in that larger size I would want them in. Gonna miss those extra pockets on the legs of my 1500 shorts.

I checked out the Blaklader shorts. I think would like get a pair of those or a pair of Blaklader pants. I am just wondering how handy these pants would be in the workshop. I really need get my want list fine tuned. Bosch jacket believe is near the top of the list.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Think I might go for another pair of Blakläder shorts next. My only other pair is fitting a little too tight as I haven’t worked off my winter fat yet. Ugh!

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to get the same model as they don’t carry them in that larger size I would want them in. Gonna miss those extra pockets on the legs of my 1500 shorts.

I checked out the Blaklader shorts. I think would like get a pair of those or a pair of Blaklader pants. I am just wondering how handy these pants would be in the workshop. I really need get my want list fine tuned. Bosch jacket believe is near the top of the list.

yah i am thinking about a pair of blaklader shorts, instead of lugging my tool belt around. I find the tool belt doesn’t always hold everything where i want it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just want them for around the shop or house when working on stuff. I do have a tool belt which I hardly use.

Greg

Doobie

I rarely wear them when I’m in my shop. Only when doing renos outside my shop. They are super handy for that.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I just checked my shop today and a bunch of tools are homeless, or better to say L-boxx-less lol. I need quite a few L-Boxx-3’s and -2’s. Too bad they don’t come in a bundle haha. That’s probably what I going to redeem next.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I just checked my shop today and a bunch of tools are homeless, or better to say L-boxx-less lol. I need quite a few L-Boxx-3’s and -2’s. Too bad they don’t come in a bundle haha. That’s probably what I going to redeem next.

After I get another pair of shorts and the new recip, that’s what I may be getting more of too. Been buying most of the ones I’ve wanted lately and getting tired of pulling out my wallet on them. But I am liking L-Boxxes more now than I initially did. They’re proving themselves to being quite useful for me as a 2nd tool storage system.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I rarely wear them when I’m in my shop. Only when doing renos outside my shop. They are super handy for that.

I just thought they would handy to have when doing odd jobs around the house or working in the shop. But I think I would like more when I am doing odd jobs around the house.

Greg

Doobie

I just thought they would handy to have when doing odd jobs around the house or working in the shop. But I think I would like more when I am doing odd jobs around the house.

Definitely. You’re gonna love those big floppy front pockets. That’s my favorite feature. Which model you looking at Greg? I’ve got a pair of the 1500 shorts and am planning on ordering a pair of the heavy workers for a larger size not available in the 1500s. My weight fluctuates and I still haven’t lost my winter fat yet.

If you get pants, go for the Corduras. Super tough material but contrary to what you might be thinking, the material is not thick and ridgid. They are very comfortable to wear. They’re more lightweight than blue jean material and apparently a lot more durable.

All this talk about Blaklader shorts, might have to start thinking of getting a pair, I don’t even have the pants,
    Definitely something on my radar,
    Especially since they have been recommended and worn by the members here, always get good feedback from BTP members.

Doobie

All this talk about Blaklader shorts, might have to start thinking of getting a pair, I don’t even have the pants,
    Especially since they have been recommended and worn by the members here, always get good feedback from BTP members.

I bought my first pair long before I became a member here. I still have them and they are stained and have a couple of minor tears in them, but they hold up extremely well. My main motivation at the time in getting them was two fold, I generally hate toolbelts and I absolutely detest any and all strap on knee pads.

The big plus I wasn’t entirely expecting was those big floppy front pockets. I just drop my screw bins in them and away I go. I bend over and nothing falls out too as my body ends up covering the topof the bin when I haunch over at a 90 degree bend.

The only thing I’ve had to add to my gear was a belt and suspenders. Suspenders don’t bother me and you kind of need them when your loaded up as it keeps the knee pads in their proper place for when you kneel down on them. The belt is simply for attaching a metal hammer loop to my side as I’m not crazy about their hammer loop that is part of their pants. I was always fiddling with getting the handle in the fabric loop, and a U shaped metal one is a lot less fuss.

I now have two full length pants, one pair of their 3/4 pants model that is only available in the US that has the front floppy pockets unlike the 3/4 Canadian one which does not, one pair of their 1500 shorts, and recently redeemed for their work kilt which unfortunately I had to send back for a larger size which I should receive this week its replacement. If ordering their shorts (or work kilt if you have the balls, lol), I recommend ordering one size up from their pant size that normally fits you. They fit tight otherwise in my opinion in the pant leg width and the crotch on the shorts versus their pants at the same spec’d sizing labelled. Of course, in regards to the kilt it was a waist size issue. The kilt is a button on waist.

One last thing I should mention in regards to the shorts. The 1500 model I have, which has more pockets and places to put things than the other short models they offer, has one little pet peeve for me….it does not have a front zipper. Five buttons instead. I tend to just button the middle button when around the house, but when I go up the street to HD or Lowes, I do the others up although it doesn’t really show if I don’t anyways. Not 100% sure, but I don’t think their other models of shorts have front buttons instead of a zipper.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

After I get another pair of shorts and the new recip, that’s what I may be getting more of too. Been buying most of the ones I’ve wanted lately and getting tired of pulling out my wallet on them. But I am liking L-Boxxes more now than I initially did. They’re proving themselves to being quite useful for me as a 2nd tool storage system.

After I get the new recip I’ve still got a long list before I start looking at clothes (other than the heated jacket!) – the dds183, another FL12 (or eight!), the big set of forstner bits, router bits, plunge base for my MR23, …probably some other stuff too, lol!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the rotary laser is also still on my list, then I can combine the order with some lboxx’s as well.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Definitely. You’re gonna love those big floppy front pockets. That’s my favorite feature. Which model you looking at Greg? I’ve got a pair of the 1500 shorts and am planning on ordering a pair of the heavy workers for a larger size not available in the 1500s. My weight fluctuates and I still haven’t lost my winter fat yet.

If you get pants, go for the Corduras. Super tough material but contrary to what you might be thinking, the material is not thick and ridgid. They are very comfortable to wear. They’re more lightweight than blue jean material and apparently a lot more durable.

Yes I think I will love that feature of the big floppy pockets. I was kinda looking at the heavy workers. I will need the bigger sizes too. As for pants I am not sure. I might go with Roughneck pants. Not a 100% sure.

Greg

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Woho just ordered the blower
    thanks jim (happy dance) (happy dance) lol

congrats brian. 55k is definitely a good value for the blower. looking forward to some pictures 😛

That’s it?! I might have to jump right on that myself, congrats. I’m definitely looking forward to hearing abut it.

Doobie

I was kinda looking at the heavy workers.

I think my first pair from years ago is an older version of the heavy workers model. The material is quite thick. If you want something more light weight, look at others, particularly those Cordura ones I mentioned earlier. Super tough, yet thin and much lighter weight fabric.

I still use my older pair since I got the Corduras, but it’s for dirty jobs now like concrete and messy stuff. The other nice thing about the Corduras is there are more pockets. There’s a real handy zip up one on the lower left leg that I find particularly useful as I can slide my Samsung G4 tablet in quite comfortably when I need to. It’s also useful for adding tools into as well at times that you don’t want to tote otherwise.

@gtokley

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah when you get the chance you really gotta get a pair. I have one and it works great, i haven’t worn them out yet, usually after a few months knees or pockets would wear out. These are heavy duty and the pockets make them great organizers for when you are up on the ladder. I can’t recommend mine enough.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I was kinda looking at the heavy workers.

I think my first pair from years ago is an older version of the heavy workers model. The material is quite thick. If you want something more light weight, look at others, particularly those Cordura ones I mentioned earlier. Super tough, yet thin and much lighter weight fabric.

I still use my older pair since I got the Corduras, but it’s for dirty jobs now like concrete and messy stuff. The other nice thing about the Corduras is there are more pockets. There’s a real handy zip up one on the lower left leg that I find particularly useful as I can slide my Samsung G4 tablet in quite comfortably when I need to. It’s also useful for adding tools into as well at times that you don’t want to tote otherwise.

@gtokley

@Doobie

Yeah you are probably right I would want something light. Are you talking about Bantam Short Khaki ones in the shorts? Also I was checking out the pants again I like the Bantam Stone. I thought about putting a order for pair shorts yesterday. Something was telling me to not too.

Greg

Doobie

Also I was checking out the pants again I like the Bantam Stone

Where do you see Bantam ‘Stone’?

Yeah you are probably right I would want something light. Are you talking about Bantam Short Khaki ones in the shorts?

Those ones are nice and light as described. The heavy workers are thick and canvas like as described.

I might forget about getting a second pair of shorts and just keep saving for the new compact brushless recip kit when it arrives on the list. Gonna try wearing the work kilt that should be arriving this week for the brutal hot days left in our summer. Still somewhat undecided at this juncture. If I was gonna get a second pair of shorts, I myself am torn between the heavy worker and the bantams also. If they had the 1500s in a size 42, I’d get that, but they don’t.

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 14’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.728 seconds