dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 14

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Been on track for getting the shroud for my recently acquired 7in grinder and some grinding cups. Can’t say it’s a necessity, but barring anything new popping up on the prize list, these targets will do for now.

I’d opt for the new blower or the revamped brushless recip if they showed up instead. Their kits come with the newer Core batteries and charger and I wouldn’t mind trying that.

Been on track for getting the shroud for my recently acquired 7in grinder and some grinding cups. Can’t say it’s a necessity, but barring anything new popping up on the prize list, these targets will do for now.

I’d opt for the new blower or the revamped brushless recip if they showed up instead. Their kits come with the newer Core batteries and charger and I wouldn’t mind trying that.

Good choices your thinking about,
    I to would jump on the blower,
    Still thinking about what I need or want.
    Definitely going for that new floodlight

Doobie

I just bought one actually. Well worth it and it’s not overpriced in Canada either at around $100 – $110 at most places I looked.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

As right now I am undecided what I what I saving up for. I guess I need to figure what I could use. Maybe some router bits or another FL 12 light.

I’ve thought about going that direction too (not right now, but in the past), but when I looked up the different bits, I got lost wandering through all the options. Would you go with single bits, or does one f the sets interest you?

I think I would go with some single bits. I would have take more of closer look at the sets to see if there is anything I might like to have. I just find sometimes with sets you never use all the bits. I do have 3 different sets in my collection. Two of them are round over sets with 1/4 & 1/2 shanks. Then there the first set I bought of 15 pieces. I have yet to use all the bits.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

As right now I am undecided what I what I saving up for. I guess I need to figure what I could use. Maybe some router bits or another FL 12 light.

I’ve thought about going that direction too (not right now, but in the past), but when I looked up the different bits, I got lost wandering through all the options. Would you go with single bits, or does one f the sets interest you?

I think I would go with some single bits. I would have take more of closer look at the sets to see if there is anything I might like to have. I just find sometimes with sets you never use all the bits. I do have 3 different sets in my collection. Two of them are round over sets with 1/4 & 1/2 shanks. Then there the first set I bought of 15 pieces. I have yet to use all the bits.

I completely understand. I have one set of 12 1/2″ bits from Grizzly, and I don’t think I’ve used more than five of them.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I completely understand. I have one set of 12 1/2″ bits from Grizzly, and I don’t think I’ve used more than five of them.

I think I have only used 3 or 4 bits in my set. Right now there is maybe 2 or 3 bits I would want. I will have look at the bits more closer.

Greg

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Good choices your thinking about,
    I to would jump on the blower,
    Still thinking about what I need or want.

Very nice Brian – that’s definitely a good choice going for the floodlight.
    you will be happy with it!
    well unless something else shows up on the list and you get side tracked haha.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I was looking at that blower on the Bosch site the other day. I’m still tempted to email Jim about it to see if it could become a possible redemption, but I think im just going to keep on saving for now.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am just in a saving mode. Nothing I really want to try out at the moment.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I was looking at that blower on the Bosch site the other day. I’m still tempted to email Jim about it to see if it could become a possible redemption, but I think im just going to keep on saving for now.

I was thinking about that too, but I’ve not had luck doing that in the past on other items.

I am just in a saving mode. Nothing I really want to try out at the moment.

Same here Bill. Their were a couple of things that had my interest, but nothing standing out at the moment, or nothing pressing.

I think Im done saving for the next little while. My last redemption wiped me out after a LOOOONG time of saving.

Now, Im just going to enjoy the discussions on the site, and if I happen to have enough points for something else one day… that would be nice.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I think Im done saving for the next little while. My last redemption wiped me out after a LOOOONG time of saving.

Now, Im just going to enjoy the discussions on the site, and if I happen to have enough points for something else one day… that would be nice.

That is about where I am at. I still have the sander on my radar but by the time I get there I may change my mind….again, so I am just enjoying the posts and contributing where I can for now, and learning a lot here too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I can’t believe you made it to the vacuum…after that much time and work, I wouldn’t want to get right back on a saving track either. Glad to know you’ll still stick around though, lol.

Charlie

Instagram

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I was thinking about that too, but I’ve not had luck doing that in the past on other items.

It might be difficult for newer items or less available items.

You never know unless you try, right?

Doobie

It might be difficult for newer items or less available items.

You never know unless you try, right?

It’s hit and miss from what I’ve historically seen. Typically from what I understand is that Jim has to get approval from a product manager on items we request to be added to the prize list. Seems they control the ultimate decision on our requests.

What’s a bit of a mystery at times are the reasons/logic as to what gets removed from the prize list. The intermediate grinder sizes was one of them in that regard that occured last year. Never understood why they were removed other than members simply weren’t redeeming for them as a cause. That would seem odd as there’s a host of other items on the prize list that no one has redeemed for in a dog’s age as far as I can tell.

Not a complaint, just an observation on my part.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I got to thinking I should be saving up for a Bosch jacket. I know I don’t need right now. I heard so many good things about it. So maybe I should put on top of my list.

Greg

Doobie

I got to thinking I should be saving up for a Bosch jacket. I know I don’t need right now. I heard so many good things about it. So maybe I should put on top of my list.

I have two of them now. First one was a redemption, second one was bought at less than half price a few months ago at Lowes on clearance. They’re great jackets! They size small, so you might want to try one for size in a store before ordering/redeeming.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

II was seriously just thinking the same thing about 10 minutes while I was looking at my 3 year old Dakota heated jacket that hardly works.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have two of them now. First one was a redemption, second one was bought at less than half price a few months ago at Lowes on clearance. They’re great jackets! They size small, so you might want to try one for size in a store before ordering/redeeming.

I have a Lowes in my area. I don’t go in there very often. I must go in check out the Bosch line up and try on heated jacket. Thanks for the tip on sizing.

II was seriously just thinking the same thing about 10 minutes while I was looking at my 3 year old Dakota heated jacket that hardly works.

I just remember the other day about wanting one all winter. I didn’t have the points to get one. So really put on it on the top of my list. I never had a heated jacket before.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 1,004 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 14’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.905 seconds