dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 14

This topic contains 1,003 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,004 total)
  • Author

Here is the new thread for this:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-saving-up-for-version-13/

Orange County, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Its not on the redemption list, but my next big tool (something I’m actually saving for) is going to be an 8″ jointer. I would prefer to buy used, but there aren’t any available in my area, so new it is!

No idea which brand though…much research is still needed!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Its not on the redemption list, but my next big tool (something I’m actually saving for) is going to be an 8″ jointer. I would prefer to buy used, but there aren’t any available in my area, so new it is!

You might want to consider a Hammer.

http://www.hammerusa.com/us-us/products/true/jointer-planer-a3-31–310-mm.html

A friend of mine sold his Delta DJ-20 and lunch box planer for one not long ago and couldn’t be happier.

Kevin.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

That’s right up there on my list as well. There aren’t many times when the extra width is good to have but when you need it; you really need it.

The extra bed length that usually comes with an 8″ model and the extra HP are great bonuses, too.

I live in hope that an 8″ jointer will magically show up used and at a terrific price. lol

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

May as well save up the extra and go 12″. I have been looking at the 12″ Rikon combo planer/jointer…..then I look at the bank account, then look at the machine, sigh, and go back to what I was doing.

Hammer/Felder are one of the top brands. For a jointer only Powermatic is right up there, but I have heard lots of good things about the Grizzly brand too, which are less expensive.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

May as well save up the extra and go 12″. I have been looking at the 12″ Rikon combo planer/jointer…..then I look at the bank account, then look at the machine, sigh, and go back to what I was doing.

Hammer/Felder are one of the top brands. For a jointer only Powermatic is right up there, but I have heard lots of good things about the Grizzly brand too, which are less expensive.

Ya’ll know Powermatic is 10% off this weekend.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Curious if we gonna see the 18v floodlight on the rewards list in the next one or two month. I would consider to get another one.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Curious if we gonna see the 18v floodlight on the rewards list in the next one or two month. I would consider to get another one.

That would be nice, I am definitely considering the core now that it’s on the list.
    I jumped on the GLI18V when that came out and like it, and it hasn’t been put back on the list, wondering if that will eventually make it back to.
    Even though it’s not as good as the flood, works for me.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’d really like to see a 12v drill by itself – the new brushless impact is there as tool only and I’d love the ps31 (or 32 if it’s out). I got the 12V starter kit, and the ps42 but I have been loving the ps31 at work and would really like to see that at home for all the little things that need doing around the house.

Charlie

Instagram

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

I wanted to redeem for the socket ready/hammer drill kit, but now that I have the points it’s no longer on the list. Between my points and $$ tool budget I had a plan, but that’s out the window for now.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I wanted to redeem for the socket ready/hammer drill kit, but now that I have the points it’s no longer on the list. Between my points and $$ tool budget I had a plan, but that’s out the window for now.

That happens and has happened to me a few times as well. When Plan A doesn’t work go to Plan B. I should be ready to order something late next week.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

You could send Jim an email or PM to inquire about the kit.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

grizzly is probably the best budget friendly jointer that everyone seems to swear by. Unless they have the cash to go hammer. I mean if this is for production use, i’d say go hammer. save up and just get the best.

grizzly is probably the best budget friendly jointer that everyone seems to swear by. Unless they have the cash to go hammer. I mean if this is for production use, i’d say go hammer. save up and just get the best.

I really like the stuff by General International too.

That would be nice, I am definitely considering the core now that it’s on the list.
    I jumped on the GLI18V when that came out and like it, and it hasn’t been put back on the list, wondering if that will eventually make it back to.
    Even though it’s not as good as the flood, works for me.

I thought it only got erased because it was on back-order. It’s available around here to purchase so maybe Jim needs a little reminder to throw it back on the list. or there is a specific reason why it’s not back on it yet.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

You could send Jim an email or PM to inquire about the kit.

Been there, done that. Gone, never to return

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

That happens and has happened to me a few times as well. When Plan A doesn’t work go to Plan B. I should be ready to order something late next week.

Plan B involves digging into my $ tool budget… which leaves me short of another tool I really want to upgrade before the warm weather breaks.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Yea it stinks we lost a lot of nice tools from the list that came in L-Boxxes.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I tried to redeem for it aswell a couple of weeks ago and found out about the kit being discontinued.

I talked to Jim however and came across is kit

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/18v-lithium-ion-cordless-combo-kits-clpk224-181-120049-p/

285,000 pts

Not sure if I’ll go for it though.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

That’s one I believe I’d go for should it reappear on the list. I could use a second good cordless flood to complement my aging Syslite.

Kevin.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,004 total)

The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 14’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 2.690 seconds