dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 13

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 986 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I see the DDS-183 made the list as well (maybe it was there before and I never noticed it) but that looks interesting.

yeah the DDS183 is on the list for quite some time already. that’s a sign how long you have not checked the list 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I see the DDS-183 made the list as well (maybe it was there before and I never noticed it) but that looks interesting.

yeah the DDS183 is on the list for quite some time already. that’s a sign how long you have not checked the list 😛

I have trouble noticing new things – I mostly only notice when something Ive been considering or saving for dissapears

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

To bad the skilsaw worm drive table saw isn’t available. I would recommend that over the compact bosch. Everything is the same besides a more Powerful wormdrive motor.

When something happens to my baby bosch i’ll get the baby skil because it is a bit better so it seems so far.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Can someone tell me the difference between the DDS182 and the DDS183? What new features does the 183 have? TIA

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Can someone tell me the difference between the DDS182 and the DDS183? What new features does the 183 have? TIA

Shorter nose to butt
    Metal chuck
    Thinner handle with nicer grip – more like the IDH182 impact
    A hair lighter
    Faster RPM
    Increased torque
    Anti-wrist breaking tech

Its a very nice iteration on the DDS182. Since I already have the DDS181 (mostly retired) and the DDS182 (LOVE IT) as my compact all-round 18v, and my HDH181X as my heavy hitter with the kickback feature, I dont really need it. But the DDS183 really bridges the gap as a spectacular all-rounder

And if I wasnt focused on a vac, Id be snapping it up in a heartbeat anyways

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Shorter nose to butt
    Metal chuck also called Röhm-Chuck
    Thinner handle with nicer grip – more like the IDH182 impact
    A hair lighter
    Faster RPM
    Increased torque
    Anti-wrist breaking tech Anti-Kickback – your term definitely sounds more funny haha

Its a very nice iteration on the DDS182. Since I already have the DDS181 (mostly retired) and the DDS182 (LOVE IT) as my compact all-round 18v, and my HDH181X as my heavy hitter with the kickback feature, I dont really need it. But the DDS183 really bridges the gap as a spectacular all-rounder

And if I wasnt focused on a vac, Id be snapping it up in a heartbeat anyways

I just saw a notification in my mail box about this questions but I see it has been answered already 😀
    east coast and most canadians are earlier up than me haha
    But I added a few things (not much)

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

To bad the skilsaw worm drive table saw isn’t available. I would recommend that over the compact bosch. Everything is the same besides a more Powerful wormdrive motor.

When something happens to my baby bosch i’ll get the baby skil because it is a bit better so it seems so far.

Those Skil worm drive tablesaws really do seem to pack alot of punch in a little footprint.

If I had a real reason to upgrade mine I’d be looking at one aswell.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Now that the new Core battery is on the list, anyone going to jump on that? I am just about there, but I don’t really need it…I don’t even run down my 4.0s ever so I can’t even imagine how long it would take me to deplete the Core. I might even redeem for a slim pack just to get something lighter for short use on my IDH182 impact. The only thin I could see possibly using the Core for would be my circular saw or if I ever get a cordless recip…which I’ve been also toying with. Lugging my corded recip up trees to “trim” them is it’s own brand of adventure. But I’d really like to see the new recip added to the list before I went that direction.

Charlie

Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Now that the new Core battery is on the list, anyone going to jump on that? I am just about there, but I don’t really need it…I don’t even run down my 4.0s ever so I can’t even imagine how long it would take me to deplete the Core. I might even redeem for a slim pack just to get something lighter for short use on my IDH182 impact. The only thin I could see possibly using the Core for would be my circular saw or if I ever get a cordless recip…which I’ve been also toying with. Lugging my corded recip up trees to “trim” them is it’s own brand of adventure. But I’d really like to see the new recip added to the list before I went that direction.

I am thinking about it but wasn’t there something on instagram where the new core batteries don’t fit on the 18v bosch circular saw, you have to file a bit away for the battery to fully engage?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am thinking about it but wasn’t there something on instagram where the new core batteries don’t fit on the 18v bosch circular saw, you have to file a bit away for the battery to fully engage?

I remember that as well but then have heard nothing since. Maybe one of the guys that get one can confirm if it fits or not.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I remember that as well but then have heard nothing since. Maybe one of the guys that get one can confirm if it fits or not.

The saw that the Core does not fit on correctly is the older model, not the one that is on the shelf today.
    There are some that prefer the older model for the fact that it will ride on a track and the newer one will not. Also it is a left blade which some folks prefer.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

The saw that the Core does not fit on correctly is the older model, not the one that is on the shelf today.
    There are some that prefer the older model for the fact that it will ride on a track and the newer one will not. Also it is a left blade which some folks prefer.

The newer model that is still naina yes but the one available on the shelves here I think you still have to modify it a bit. A problem they could not forsee because that saw is almost 10 years old.

The newer model that is still naina yes but the one available on the shelves here I think you still have to modify it a bit. A problem they could not forsee because that saw is almost 10 years old.

Okay, so if I’m understanding this correctly, the circular saw from the list I received last summer with the L box, will have to be modified for the core battery?

Okay, so if I’m understanding this correctly, the circular saw from the list I received last summer with the L box, will have to be modified for the core battery?

First indications are that the CCS180 – the only saw in NA – will not fit the core battery, due to it being a bit more square than the current batteries

Since that was discovered on pre-retail models, that may have been resolved since.

I have zero intention of filing down my saw.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I wouldn’t be against modifying my saw if I had to, but hopefully we’ll get the newer model of saw soon and can just get a new saw instead.

I wouldn’t be against modifying my saw if I had to, but hopefully we’ll get the newer model of saw soon and can just get a new saw instead.

Or perhaps a battery spacer to get that 1/8-1/4 inch it seems to be missing

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’ll probably be saving up for a core battery. I have a few Bosch batteries but I could definitely use at least 1 of the core batteries. Either that, or another pair of boots.

Or perhaps a battery spacer to get that 1/8-1/4 inch it seems to be missing

I also would definitely do a little mod to get it to fit, would a spacers work, or would that even lower the battery pack more, and making it to low and not letting the saw be able to cut the max depth?
    I never really noticed the room below the 4ah battery packs. I know that the core is slightly bigger

@MrToolJunkie
    sorry, I think I just broke this thread

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

First indications are that the CCS180 – the only saw in NA – will not fit the core battery, due to it being a bit more square than the current batteries

Since that was discovered on pre-retail models, that may have been resolved since.

I have zero intention of filing down my saw.

Right on – the Core does not fit on the CCS180 because that saw is designed around the current 4.0 and 6.0
    the Core is slightly larger and does not fit into the saw because of the notch.
    Not sure where I mentioned it but I also received this info from a friend in germany.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Attachments:
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I would like to see someone get it and show the modification first before I dove into that…I would hate to have to potentially screw up my saw, especially when I’m not 100% sure I need the larger battery capacity anyway.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 986 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 13’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.836 seconds