dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 13

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 986 total)
  • Author

I have another l boxx 1a on the way, should hopefully be here by the end of the week

Congratulations Kyle, I only have one of them, but they definitely are practical for sure.
    How many does this make for you.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I keep thinking about getting one of the forstner bit sets…but then I also want Robbie saving for either the 4100 table saw or a vac…but I keep getting impatient and just blowing my earnings to get another box in the mail, lol. Need to learn to wait better.

I know the feeling @cmeyer25, I keep getting side tracked to. This time my eye is on the Worm Drive but even that is a long ways away. The 4100 is a great redemption if you can hold out for it, I love mine.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@58chev I’ve heard good things about it – other than the dust collection which could be a problem in my small shop…but is it a lot better than the gts1031? That’s what I have right now and the features that are drawing me to upgrade are the smooth start up and the extra ripping capacity. But I don’t know if it’s worth it just for those two differences. What do you like about yours?

Charlie

Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

58chev I’ve heard good things about it – other than the dust collection which could be a problem in my small shop…but is it a lot better than the gts1031? That’s what I have right now and the features that are drawing me to upgrade are the smooth start up and the extra ripping capacity. But I don’t know if it’s worth it just for those two differences. What do you like about yours?

@cmeyer25

@montreal_medic
    can answer that one. He went from the GTS1031 to the 4100.

For me it was a great improvement from an old Craftsman that I had.

— Glenn Botting

58chev I’ve heard good things about it – other than the dust collection which could be a problem in my small shop…but is it a lot better than the gts1031? That’s what I have right now and the features that are drawing me to upgrade are the smooth start up and the extra ripping capacity. But I don’t know if it’s worth it just for those two differences. What do you like about yours?

@cmeyer25
    @montreal_medic can answer that one. He went from the GTS1031 to the 4100.

Gts1031 is better on dust capture before the mods I did to my 4100

In every other way, the 4100 is superior

Worth noting that the 1031 has some serious grunt for a compact saw, and theres a limit to how much power you can get from a direct drive motor on a 15A 110

So, not a huge increase in grunt. Bigger table, better rip, and you can add outfeeds that collapse.

And the soft start is sweet

I would not go back, but I could easily recommend a GTS1031 to someone looking at it

Worth the upgrade IMO

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@cmeyer25

Worth noting that the 1031 has some serious grunt for a compact saw, and theres a limit to how much power you can get from a direct drive motor on a 15A 110

So, not a huge increase in grunt. Bigger table, better rip, and you can add outfeeds that collapse.

I would not go back, but I could easily recommend a GTS1031 to someone looking at it

Worth the upgrade IMO

To bad the skilsaw worm drive table saw isn’t available. I would recommend that over the compact bosch. Everything is the same besides a more Powerful wormdrive motor.

@cmeyer25

Worth the upgrade IMO

To bad the skilsaw worm drive table saw isn’t available. I would recommend that over the compact bosch. Everything is the same besides a more Powerful wormdrive motor.

That one also has a wider telescoping table – full 24-25 rip

The wormdrive is one Id love to try – on paper it looks like a second-generation GTS1031

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@montreal_medic @austin I’ve seen the skilsaw worm drive in person and it looks exactly like the 1031, but I do love the extra capacity. I would love to try it out too. But I’m looking at a shop saw, so I’m not sure if the 4100 is the way to go, or if I need to just save up $$$ and go with a cabinet saw.

Charlie

Instagram

@montreal_medic @austin I’ve seen the skilsaw worm drive in person and it looks exactly like the 1031, but I do love the extra capacity. I would love to try it out too. But I’m looking at a shop saw, so I’m not sure if the 4100 is the way to go, or if I need to just save up $$$ and go with a cabinet saw.

If I had a bit more room, I’d move to a cabinet saw, but I can do everything with this too. And the portability is handy. In summer, I can work outside

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I would definitely go with a cabinet saw if it was in a shop, some come with wheels on them that they lock and you can unlock and push it outside if you like.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

montreal_medic austin I’ve seen the skilsaw worm drive in person and it looks exactly like the 1031, but I do love the extra capacity. I would love to try it out too. But I’m looking at a shop saw, so I’m not sure if the 4100 is the way to go, or if I need to just save up $$$ and go with a cabinet saw.

If I had a bit more room, I’d move to a cabinet saw, but I can do everything with this too. And the portability is handy. In summer, I can work outside

A jobsite saw can and will get the job done. Just not as well as a full sized cabinet saw will. The table and fence size is so limited on the jobsite saws.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@dirtywhiteboy very true no comparison on how a cabinet saw cuts compared to even the very best jobsite saw.

i know kyle was looking in to it at one point in time. but were either one of you able to make a mft style table for the track saw?

See my attached pics.

I really need to add a few shelves + drawers and a top to the 80/20 to block dust from getting all over everything and to make getting access to the boxxes easier.

I am also trying to figure out an easy way to convert the 80/20 workbench into a panel clamp… It has been on the back burner in my mind for a while, but I just haven’t given much actual energy to thinking through how best to make it happen. I am sure I will be more motivated to figure it out when I have the need for a large panel clamp… which I was going to until I restored the dining table rather than build it (see other thread here https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/refinished-dining-table/ )

John S

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@montreal_medic I have enough space – if I got a cabinet saw I would rearrange a little to accommodate it. But I would love to do that.

And I would really like to be able to put my router in the wings of whatever saw I got. I’ve seen that in a few shops and I love the way the fence serves double duty then.

@dirtywhiteboy
    that’s my feeling too. Plus, I’d probably keep my gts1031 fit at least the first few months after until I really made sure I didn’t need it anymore. I have it screwed down to a wood support structure right now so it’s not exactly meant to be portable for me anyway.

@ronw
    I would love the extra fence bulk and length. I find myself wanting to clamp fence extensions and other jigs to my current one and that’s just not possible without deforming it. Do you know if the 4100 has a stiffer fence?

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I see the DDS-183 made the list as well (maybe it was there before and I never noticed it) but that looks interesting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i know kyle was looking in to it at one point in time. but were either one of you able to make a mft style table for the track saw?

See my attached pics.

I really need to add a few shelves + drawers and a top to the 80/20 to block dust from getting all over everything and to make getting access to the boxxes easier.

I am also trying to figure out an easy way to convert the 80/20 workbench into a panel clamp… It has been on the back burner in my mind for a while, but I just haven’t given much actual energy to thinking through how best to make it happen. I am sure I will be more motivated to figure it out when I have the need for a large panel clamp… which I was going to until I restored the dining table rather than build it (see other thread here https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/refinished-dining-table/ )

okay that looks pretty good, i can’t see in the photo but were you able to incorporate the way the track is held on to the mft so you can slide sheet goods underneath to cut?

ooh and the new core battery is on, i may have to aim for that, could try it out on a few of my tools specially the ids182.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

@r-ice now that the core is on the list I’m sure there will be quite a few setting their sights on it.

@r-ice now that the core is on the list I’m sure there will be quite a few setting their sights on it.

I know its on my radar, but since the main use for me would be on the circular saw, I will hold back until I know whether it fits, since some advance pictures indicate it won’t

I was shooting for the vacuum, but I like the new bulldog also, could get the cordless bulldog and comes with two core battery packs, then just buy the ridgid at home depot? What to do what to do

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I was shooting for the vacuum, but I like the new bulldog also, could get the cordless bulldog and comes with two core battery packs, then just buy the ridgid at home depot? What to do what to do

@boschmanbrian
    There you go getting distracted again. LOL
    Put your blinders on 😛 The Core sure is tempting, but I’m not even close. 🙁

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 986 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 13’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.820 seconds