dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 13

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 986 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m thinking the 12v jig saw might be next for me. Wanting to try it with a Collins Coping Foot.

I would love to hear how that works out. It does have a locking on trigger,,,right?

Yea it has an on/off switch.

That is a must from what I’ve learned for coping. I don’t think the 18v has a locking trigger?? I’m not sure. I love the size of the 12v but I’m not into that battery platform.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i hate the locking trigger feature on jigsaws… i gotta have variable speed trigger

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Bosch is good with that most of the tools had a speed dial makes the tool perform better depends on the job.locking trigger on the hand gets tricky if you trying to cut in weird position.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m thinking the 12v jig saw might be next for me. Wanting to try it with a Collins Coping Foot.

I would love to hear how that works out. It does have a locking on trigger,,,right?

Yea it has an on/off switch.

That is a must from what I’ve learned for coping. I don’t think the 18v has a locking trigger?? I’m not sure. I love the size of the 12v but I’m not into that battery platform.

The 18v has a variable trigger. I do like that on a jig saw.
    But do think a on/off switch would be better for coping.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

i hate the locking trigger feature on jigsaws… i gotta have variable speed trigger

The only downside of the battle grip. The auto ramp up found on the makita and festool helps with this but still no control like a trigger.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t think the 18v has a locking trigger??

Nope it does not. It has only a Switch Lock for safety.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep variable triggers are very nice for control. Allows just the right touch to get the speed perfect.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes I agree for jigg sawing but for a coping only tool the locking trigger is good I hear.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I will get the JS120 myself one day – I definitely like the barrel grip style.
    Currently I have the JS572EB (corded 7.2 amp big brother) but sometimes it’s nice to just have a cordless jigsaw on hand.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

The only downside of the battle grip. The auto ramp up found on the makita and festool helps with this but still no control like a trigger.

From now on, Im calling it a battle grip!

Currently I have the JS572EB (corded 7.2 amp big brother) but sometimes it’s nice to just have a cordless jigsaw on hand.

What about getting the 18 volt seeing how you have that platform already also.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I heard from @yellad that he wasn’t as big a fan of the 18v jig saw, said it lacked the power so he says.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I heard from yellad> that he wasn’t as big a fan of the 18v jig saw, said it lacked the power so he says.

@r-ice

the JSH180 (D-Handle jigsaw)

@boschmanbrian

JSH180 or the 18V barrel grip from Germany? 😀 😀
    I have all 3 Bosch battery lines 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I heard from yellad that he wasn’t as big a fan of the 18v jig saw, said it lacked the power so he says.

I have no complaints with the 18v jigsaw. I think it works great with plenty of power.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I rarely use my js572eb any more since getting the 12v. But there is no way I wouldn’t not have the 7.2 amp corded. Some times I need it for precision stuff or cutting thick stuff.

From now on, Im calling it a battle grip!

Lol I didn’t even notice that auto correct

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

@madman_us yeah it would be the gpl5 I’d be looking at, since I’ve already got the GLL2 I don’t need the model that combines the two.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

thats just it.. a dial for variable speed doesnt mean anything to me.. half the time its in a spot you cant use a free finger to adjust it.. or you have to use the other hand to adjust , most of the time that other hand is holding the material your cutting

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I heard from @yellad that he wasn’t as big a fan of the 18v jig saw, said it lacked the power so he says.

Im going to go ahead and say it may be just an opinion, but he is wrong. My 18v jigsaw is about as powerful as my corded model

Im going to go ahead and say it may be just an opinion, but he is wrong. My 18v jigsaw is about as powerful as my corded model

Oh man yeah, I can’t say enough about my 18 volt jiggy.
    The reason I picked it is because I was already using the Bosch ni-cad version, and was totally satisfied, and hearing how many members here have the lithium, I figured can’t go wrong.
    It’s great. Maybe he got a lemon, or something could be wrong with it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I rarely use my js572eb any more since getting the 12v. But there is no way I wouldn’t not have the 7.2 amp corded. Some times I need it for precision stuff or cutting thick stuff.

yeah sometimes its great to have a wide variety of tools. the right tool for the right job. I hear lots of good things about the JS120. I am still kinda tempted to try out the NAINA 18V jigsaw.
    But I definitely get the JS120 soon. Will be a great tool also with the new upcoming 12V batteries.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 986 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 13’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.885 seconds