dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 13

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 986 total)
  • Author

Lol I never gave it a great deal of thought for anything other then drywall since it would normally require needing to screw atleast a 2-1/2 ” screw, but fences are the exception to the rule that I never gave any thought to.

Now that I can look at it as more then just a drywall tool (and fter seeing a bunch of collated screws on clearance the other day) it very well might be on my list sooner the later.

And I’ll bet there’s even more uses for it that’ll come up some day, Like maybe T1-11 siding? Although I think that’s more of a nail job. But almost any repetitive screwing job like that

There are quite a few more uses for it then I thought of at first. However after having to use my Dewalt cordless jigsaw today and that requiring me to bring 3 old Dewalt batteries that hardly hold a charge, I think the 18V jigsaw might be next.

I was thinking of aiming for things I dont have, but in reality I think it’s smarter to just go with what I actually use now and would make life simple.

I have the 18v jig saw and I love it.

I will have to echo the words from Jim,
    I have one, and love using it, powerful for a cordless for sure.

Well after using @r-ice‘s MRP23EVS 2.3HP variable Speed Router, I think that is now at the top of my list.
    What a great router, beats the old single speed Black & Decker router that I have had for decades.

Still need to try that one, but I can’t seem to stop collecting 1617s instead…

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Lol I never gave it a great deal of thought for anything other then drywall since it would normally require needing to screw atleast a 2-1/2 ” screw, but fences are the exception to the rule that I never gave any thought to.

Now that I can look at it as more then just a drywall tool (and fter seeing a bunch of collated screws on clearance the other day) it very well might be on my list sooner the later.

And I’ll bet there’s even more uses for it that’ll come up some day, Like maybe T1-11 siding? Although I think that’s more of a nail job. But almost any repetitive screwing job like that

There are quite a few more uses for it then I thought of at first. However after having to use my Dewalt cordless jigsaw today and that requiring me to bring 3 old Dewalt batteries that hardly hold a charge, I think the 18V jigsaw might be next.

I was thinking of aiming for things I dont have, but in reality I think it’s smarter to just go with what I actually use now and would make life simple.

Nice to know it’s a solid tool. I’m not that far off if I do t change my mind again lol

Nice to know it’s a solid tool. I’m not that far off if I do t change my mind again lol

Its great. Used it today (with a guide rail) with a 10 inch long blade to rip a 6-inch thick maple beam for my brother in law. Slow going, but a lot safer then a circular saw since we didnt know for sure that there was no metal inside anywhere

Still need to try that one, but I can’t seem to stop collecting 1617s instead…

I just ordered that router and router table base from the Big A. I will continue to work towards the benchtop router table on the prize list. I will be all ready for it when I can redeem. Still going to take awhile though.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Saving up for some SDS-Plus bits and maybe a 12v vac filter or two.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Saving for the new Digital Angle Finder and Inclinometer

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am curious Bill on what this is going to do for you? Personally, I don’t need angle measurements other than using squares. I can see it being a good tool for a framing carpenter. Other uses guys? It doubles as a level too I see.

Doobie

I just got that recently. It’s very nice, but for its size, it’s heavy. Heavier than my 4 foot Stabila digital level I got earlier this year.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I am thinking about getting some L-BOXX2’s. I am a bit short because some of my latest tools came without.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I only need 175 points after this post for the half sheet sander, so after a couple more post it’s going to be saving for some 12 v stuff

I only need 175 points after this post for the half sheet sander, so after a couple more post it’s going to be saving for some 12 v stuff

That’s going to be a great addition,
    What exactly in the 12 volt tools you looking at, do you have any FL12’S.

@madman_us
    yeah those L boxes are very nice, which tools you need them for

Me I’m still just Savin some little piggies lol, not sure what I need, lots of good things on the list,

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@madman_us yeah those L boxes are very nice, which tools you need them for

Me I’m still just Savin some little piggies lol, not sure what I need, lots of good things on the list,

I was thinking some more batteries and the small recipes saw. Yes I have 3 FL12’S. They are awesome I always keep my eye out to get them cheap like I did the 3 I got

Doobie

I was thinking some more batteries and the small recipes saw. Yes I have 3 FL12’S. They are awesome I always keep my eye out to get them cheap like I did the 3 I got

I never see those F12s on sale at my Lowes. They’re actually almost hidden away where they keep them. One day. I’ll finally get one.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I never see those F12s on sale at my Lowes. They’re actually almost hidden away where they keep them. One day. I’ll finally get one.

I have never seen them for sale at Lowes either. All three of the ones I have gotten i picked up for 20 bucks off ebay

I have never seen them for sale at Lowes either. All three of the ones I have gotten i picked up for 20 bucks off ebay

Wish i could find them rhat cheap

Wish i could find them rhat cheap

Yeah no kidding, wow, we can only buy one for around 60 here, that’s a very good price.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Usually they are 60 I can regularly find them at 45-50 but I just got extremely lucky

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Looks like currently, $41 is the cheapest on Ebay. Might be something to keep an eye out for.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us yeah those L boxes are very nice, which tools you need them for

I definitely need one for my 18V drywall gun plus autofeed attachment.
    Another one for the bosch floodlight and worklight, so I can store both in one boxx.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 986 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 13’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.377 seconds