dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 13

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 986 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I need a couple more lboxx3s, but might save up for a tool to go in them. No bargains in the L3s though

I’ve been looking at getting an L3 box for my half sheet sander. Atlas sells them for $65. Add another item for $35 and you get free shipping.

That’s a good price. I am pretty sure that’s about what they are in usd

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I redid my list and looks like i will be ordering the HHDS181 1/2″ 18V Hammer Drill. Looks like a nice tool that I will use more than a corded OMT.

Is that one on the list Bill, or you purchasing that on line? Could you have one H to many in the number.

Yes it is on the list and yes he has one too many H’s

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Lol I never gave it a great deal of thought for anything other then drywall since it would normally require needing to screw atleast a 2-1/2 ” screw, but fences are the exception to the rule that I never gave any thought to.

Now that I can look at it as more then just a drywall tool (and fter seeing a bunch of collated screws on clearance the other day) it very well might be on my list sooner the later.

And I’ll bet there’s even more uses for it that’ll come up some day, Like maybe T1-11 siding? Although I think that’s more of a nail job. But almost any repetitive screwing job like that

There are quite a few more uses for it then I thought of at first. However after having to use my Dewalt cordless jigsaw today and that requiring me to bring 3 old Dewalt batteries that hardly hold a charge, I think the 18V jigsaw might be next.

I was thinking of aiming for things I dont have, but in reality I think it’s smarter to just go with what I actually use now and would make life simple.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

requiring me to bring 3 old Dewalt batteries that hardly hold a charge,

I was down to 3 Dewalt batteries last week, 2 good and one that takes a charge but doesn’t last long, until I put one of the good ones on the charge and it melted and fused to the charger !

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

requiring me to bring 3 old Dewalt batteries that hardly hold a charge,

I was down to 3 Dewalt batteries last week, 2 good and one that takes a charge but doesn’t last long, until I put one of the good ones on the charge and it melted and fused to the charger !

Well that’s just lovely! Hopefully that doesn’t happen to me since my only remaining working charger is my radio!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I need a couple more lboxx3s, but might save up for a tool to go in them. No bargains in the L3s though

I’ve been looking at getting an L3 box for my half sheet sander. Atlas sells them for $65. Add another item for $35 and you get free shipping.

I can imagine why you guys are looking for an L-BOXX3 😛 😛 Aaron probably too.

Well I redid my list and looks like i will be ordering the HHDS181 1/2″ 18V Hammer Drill. Looks like a nice tool that I will use more than a corded OMT.

Is that one on the list Bill, or you purchasing that on line? Could you have one H to many in the number.

he mistyped it. it’s HDS181
    and yes it’s actually on the list as a kit -> HDS181-02 (2x 2.0Ah batteries)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I sent in my points and asked for the HDS181-02 18V Lithium-Ion Compact Tough™ 1/2″ Hammer Drill/Driver. Sounds like a good tool I can try out. I’m thinking the new Angle Finder Inclinometer will be next on my list.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I sent in my points and asked for the HDS181-02 18V Lithium-Ion Compact Tough™ 1/2″ Hammer Drill/Driver. Sounds like a good tool I can try out. I’m thinking the new Angle Finder Inclinometer will be next on my list.

Congratulations Bill, I think it’s a great deal, and it looks to be a good drill, I have had mine that I bought this past spring in a combo kit, I love it so far, have not tried the hammer more than just a hole or two in my garage floor slab, it actually is pretty good for that,
    It has a nice grip, and well balanced.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@madman_us either the lboxx 3 or make a custom enclosure for all my sanders.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’m thinking the new Angle Finder Inclinometer will be next on my list.

That will a nice addition to your tool box Bill.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations Bill, I think it’s a great deal, and it looks to be a good drill, I have had mine that I bought this past spring in a combo kit, I love it so far, have not tried the hammer more than just a hole or two in my garage floor slab, it actually is pretty good for that,

Mine didn’t do so well on my garage floor, I was trying to drill 1/2″ holes to anchor down my air compressor. It did fine for about an inch then hit some course aggregate that stopped it, Had to finish with a bigger rotary hammer. But it did do great in pavers

Mine didn’t do so well on my garage floor, I was trying to drill 1/2″ holes to anchor down my air compressor. It did fine for about an inch then hit some course aggregate that stopped it, Had to finish with a bigger rotary hammer. But it did do great in pavers

Yeah, I don’t think it is recommended for that big of drilling, I was just using it with a 3/16 drill bit,
    Mind you I used the HDH181 1/2 brute for 16 3/8 holes for my pool ladder and stair rail

Doobie

I can imagine why you guys are looking for an L-BOXX3 Aaron probably too.

I’m just gonna wait til I have something to add to an order with Atlas that brings me over the free shipping mark with Atlas.

For now, while I had been thinking of getting the 7in grinder, think I’m gonna instead go for a pair of denim/cordura Blaklader pants next. My current pants of theirs are getting old and doesn’t have enough pockets and I recently got some small tears in them getting snagged on stuff.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah I think i’ve made my decision, definitely the 1617evs for my router table, gonna pull the lower hp porter cable out and replace it with the beefier 1617evs.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Been looking at some of the accessories for the Colt router. The template guides are calling me..

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m going to need a 3/8 drive impact wrench soon, I’m getting tired of snapping off the 1/4″-3/8 impact driver adaptors.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@theamcguy nice! I really like my HDS, I’m sure you will too.

Charlie

Instagram

I’m going to need a 3/8 drive impact wrench soon, I’m getting tired of snapping off the 1/4″-3/8 impact driver adaptors.

I guess that vacuum is on hold a little longer Kyle? ,
    But it sure is a nice impact to get for sure.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Well after using @r-ice‘s MRP23EVS 2.3HP variable Speed Router, I think that is now at the top of my list.
    What a great router, beats the old single speed Black & Decker router that I have had for decades.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Lol I never gave it a great deal of thought for anything other then drywall since it would normally require needing to screw atleast a 2-1/2 ” screw, but fences are the exception to the rule that I never gave any thought to.

Now that I can look at it as more then just a drywall tool (and fter seeing a bunch of collated screws on clearance the other day) it very well might be on my list sooner the later.

And I’ll bet there’s even more uses for it that’ll come up some day, Like maybe T1-11 siding? Although I think that’s more of a nail job. But almost any repetitive screwing job like that

There are quite a few more uses for it then I thought of at first. However after having to use my Dewalt cordless jigsaw today and that requiring me to bring 3 old Dewalt batteries that hardly hold a charge, I think the 18V jigsaw might be next.

I was thinking of aiming for things I dont have, but in reality I think it’s smarter to just go with what I actually use now and would make life simple.

I have the 18v jig saw and I love it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 986 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 13’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.845 seconds