dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 13

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 986 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

i should’ve gotten the 14 gallon one for the casters and handle.

If I was going for a model, that’s the size I would have went for because of those features. You get tired of leaning down to move around a vac imo although as you said, it’s a trade-off of not being able to tuck it underneath tables in certain situations.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

im back and forth contstantly with what im going to get, right now im torn between keen boots, the heated jacket, the wormdrive saw or the 18 v circ saw

@jkirk
    I’ve always had the heated jacket on my radar but lately I’ve been reading complaints on heated jackets. From users of al brands not just one in particular.

The wear it so often that when they are not wearing it, they seem to feel the cold more and funny enough on the spots where the heat mats are.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Lol that’s funny. It’s just your body getting used to the heat. Just like a floridian will bundle up in a huge puffy jacket when they are in temperature under 50 degrees

Doobie

I was saving up for a second pair of full length Blaklader pants as my older pair are showing signs of being past their prime, but then I saw these new workboots on the Keen site.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/en-ca/product/shoes/men/tacoma-wellington-xt-csa

These will be great for working in the rain and mucky type of conditions where I often would need to get in and out of them faster than what a lace up boot provides. Seems there’s always something to go fetch inside the house no matter how hard I try and I hate having to unlace and put back on my boots.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I think next tool im gonna buy its gonna be the gas demosaw from hilti ds700 70cc gas powered demosaw

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

I was saving up for a second pair of full length Blaklader pants as my older pair are showing signs of being past their prime, but then I saw these new workboots on the Keen site.

These will be great for working in the rain and mucky type of conditions where I often would need to get in and out of them faster than what a lace up boot provides. Seems there’s always something to go fetch inside the house no matter how hard I try and I hate having to unlace and put back on my boots.

Very nice, are those on the list for redemption?
    I have a pair of blundstones
    Great boots
    I will get the safety model this year sometime, very comfortable and light.

Doobie

They’re workboots. My understanding is anything that are workboots is fine.

This would be my fourth or fifth – I’m already losing track – Keen redemptions in the past year. I just love their footwear. I’ve bought three other Keen items/footwear out of pocket also since last year.

They have a great returns program, which I’ve never had to use use – knock on wood – and they allow free shipping returns if you want to exchange or refund withing 30 days even if you’ve worn them outside. I don’t know of any other shoe company that does that.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Those boots are pretty nice, I’m also thinking about getting a pair to try out. I got the regular Keen Tacoma and they’re pretty nice too.

They’re workboots. My understanding is anything that are workboots is fine.

This would be my fourth or fifth – I’m already losing track – Keen redemptions in the past year. I just love their footwear. I’ve bought three other Keen items/footwear out of pocket also since last year.

They have a great returns program, which I’ve never had to use use – knock on wood – and they allow free shipping returns if you want to exchange or refund withing 30 days even if you’ve worn them outside. I don’t know of any other shoe company that does that.

Yeah, I figured they are work boots, usually the csa triangle gives it away, I was just curious if they were on the list. They definitely make great footwear regardless if it is safely shoes / boots, or for daily footwear
    I have been wearing keen for years now.
    Might have to check the list out

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Anyone use the 36v slim pack? How are they for runtime?

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I think that’s the 2.6amh?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I know @madman_us has a few of the 36v batteries

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Bosch has a few 36V batteries.
    1.3ah, 2ah, 4ah and the 6ah battery is coming as well.
    Released in Europe a few month ago. We might see it too.
    Regarding to runtime, I currently only have the NAINA 36V blower and the runtime with a 4.0 battery is around 25-30mins on full throttle.
    More tools will be added soon.
    Weight of those batteries:
    2.0 = 700g
    4.0 = 1300g
    6.0 = 1300g (Currently not available, also it’s same size as the 4.0)

The 2.6 is more likely a german bosch battery from the green line.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Bosch has a few 36V batteries.
    1.3ah, 2ah, 4ah and the 6ah battery is coming as well.
    Released in Europe a few month ago. We might see it too.
    Regarding to runtime, I currently only have the NAINA 36V blower and the runtime with a 4.0 battery is around 25-30mins on full throttle.
    More tools will be added soon.
    Weight of those batteries:
    2.0 = 700g
    4.0 = 1300g
    6.0 = 1300g (Currently not available, also it’s same size as the 4.0)

The 2.6 is more likely a german bosch battery from the green line.

Does the 36volt line of battery’s need its own charger or it can use the 18volt line of chargers .

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Does the 36volt line of battery’s need its own charger or it can use the 18volt line of chargers .

Not directly Will.
    Bosch had a 36V charger, which has been discontinued tho. It was only designed for the 36V batteries; the BC830.
    They replaced it with the BC1836, a 18V and 36V battery 1 hour charger.
    Few month ago Bosch released a brand new fast charger which charges 18V batteries and 36V batteries; the BC3680 (I own this one, and I also opened a thread for that charger)
    As far I heard from a few friends of mine, who are IT guys, they said that the BC3680 is currently the best bosch charger out there.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I’ve long thought about the heated jackets but Bosch (or anyone else for that matter) makes tall sizes….

I think I am going to be redeeming for some more L-boxxes when I have enough points. I have several new tools that need proper storage.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Thanks guys. I’m going to be ordering a Mafell kss saw that will more than likely be one of the 36v line. They come with the 94wh Betsey which I believe is 2.6mah. They use Bosch batteries.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Still working on that angle finder/inclinometer. Still a ways off.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve long thought about the heated jackets but Bosch (or anyone else for that matter) makes tall sizes….

I think I am going to be redeeming for some more L-boxxes when I have enough points. I have several new tools that need proper storage.

How tall are you? Mine fits well on my 6’4 250lb frame

I’m saving for an L-Rack (the stack, not the individual drawer)
    I want to retire the 40 year old 4-drawer metal mechanics cabinet, and figure I can do that with Lrack drawers, and take less space

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

How tall are you? Mine fits well on my 6’4 250lb frame

I’m saving for an L-Rack (the stack, not the individual drawer)
    I want to retire the 40 year old 4-drawer metal mechanics cabinet, and figure I can do that with Lrack drawers, and take less space

I’ve been debating on the lracks aswell for the same thing basically. However I want them for in my trailer and am still iffy on how well they will stay shut while bouncing up and down the roads. And I do mean bouncing because our roads are horrible.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 986 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 13’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.939 seconds