dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 13

Tagged: 

This topic contains 985 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 986 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I’m still thinking about a 7in grinder, still a long way to go though. That PS82 has my eye at times. Even the portable bandsaw gets my attention on occasion. Just don’t know. I feel I’ve got everything I need. These are definitely ‘want’ items for me and not real needs. The MA55 screwgun autofeed also creeps into it at times as well.

Kevin.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@mrtooljunkie thanks for the new thread,

After all the talk about routers and tables, has me thinking,
    Or would I use a vacuum more?

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’m still thinking about a 7in grinder, still a long way to go though. That PS82 has my eye at times. Even the portable bandsaw gets my attention on occasion. Just don’t know. I feel I’ve got everything I need. These are definitely ‘want’ items for me and not real needs. The MA55 screwgun autofeed also creeps into it at times as well.

Now that winter is around the corner I’ve been pondering the MA55 aswell. I know I’ll end up boarding a house or 4 this winter to keep busy on the colder days, so it might be worth it. Auto feed for ceilings is really appealing to me.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Now that winter is around the corner I’ve been pondering the MA55 aswell. I know I’ll end up boarding a house or 4 this winter to keep busy on the colder days, so it might be worth it. Auto feed for ceilings is really appealing to me.

I have nowhere that amount of usage lined up for one over the next few years. I’m not even so sure it would be something I would like using over just individual screws, even for ceilings. Then again, I’m a tool junkie enough to want it to give it a try.

Kevin.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

With the extreme need for organization in the shop lately, I’m thinking a number of L-Boxx’s might just be in order.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Anonymous

I have nowhere that amount of usage lined up for one over the next few years. I’m not even so sure it would be something I would like using over just individual screws, even for ceilings. Then again, I’m a tool junkie enough to want it to give it a try.

It’d be good for fencing too, When I rebuilt my privacy cedar fence a while back I was wishing I had one. Wouldn’t have had to hold the board in place with my elbow as I loaded another screw one at a time

Anonymous

With the extreme need for organization in the shop lately, I’m thinking a number of L-Boxx’s might just be in order.

They’re addicting lol, After I got into them I realized the handiest way to use em in the shop is on shelves side by side and not stacked. Seems like the tool I need is always buried in the Lbox tower, Of course stacking them is great in my small shop for the space saving thing. Then the cool thing is when ya need to take them somewhere ya just ‘click & go’….

Bottom line;
    I highly recommend getting into them, I’d be lost without them and so would my tools and the accessories that go with each one

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

It’d be good for fencing too, When I rebuilt my privacy cedar fence a while back I was wishing I had one. Wouldn’t have had to hold the board in place with my elbow as I loaded another screw one at a time

I never thought of that! It cam take screws up to 2-1/8″ so it would be great for screwing on fence boards. All you’d have to do is change the bit!

Anonymous

I never thought of that! It cam take screws up to 2-1/8″ so it would be great for screwing on fence boards. All you’d have to do is change the bit!

Yep, And you thought I was just another pretty face around here huh lol. But everytime I had to load another screw I thought of this, It has to be so handy and a Big time saver too. IF I was doing that kind of work very often it’d be a must have

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Yep, And you thought I was just another pretty face around here huh lol. But everytime I had to load another screw I thought of this, It has to be so handy and a Big time saver too. IF I was doing that kind of work very often it’d be a must have

Lol I never gave it a great deal of thought for anything other then drywall since it would normally require needing to screw atleast a 2-1/2 ” screw, but fences are the exception to the rule that I never gave any thought to.

Now that I can look at it as more then just a drywall tool (and fter seeing a bunch of collated screws on clearance the other day) it very well might be on my list sooner the later.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

They’re addicting lol, After I got into them I realized the handiest way to use em in the shop is on shelves side by side and not stacked. Seems like the tool I need is always buried in the Lbox tower, Of course stacking them is great in my small shop for the space saving thing. Then the cool thing is when ya need to take them somewhere ya just ‘click & go’….

Bottom line;
    I highly recommend getting into them, I’d be lost without them and so would my tools and the accessories that go with each one

Points noted on storage methods. Working out a list of how many will be needed and what sizes – then where to put or stack them.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think I have decided on some 18 V batteries and a cordless grinder. I have a Makita cordless but one for my Bosch platform would come in handy also. Most of the Bosch batteries I have are 2.0 AH and a couple of 4.0 AH would be a nice addition

I need a couple more lboxx3s, but might save up for a tool to go in them. No bargains in the L3s though

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Now I’m leaning towards getting another pair of Blakläder.

Kevin.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I redid my list and looks like i will be ordering the HHDS181 1/2″ 18V Hammer Drill. Looks like a nice tool that I will use more than a corded OMT.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous

Lol I never gave it a great deal of thought for anything other then drywall since it would normally require needing to screw atleast a 2-1/2 ” screw, but fences are the exception to the rule that I never gave any thought to.

Now that I can look at it as more then just a drywall tool (and fter seeing a bunch of collated screws on clearance the other day) it very well might be on my list sooner the later.

And I’ll bet there’s even more uses for it that’ll come up some day, Like maybe T1-11 siding? Although I think that’s more of a nail job. But almost any repetitive screwing job like that

Anonymous

Well I redid my list and looks like i will be ordering the HHDS181 1/2″ 18V Hammer Drill. Looks like a nice tool that I will use more than a corded OMT.

Nice choice, After getting mine I wondered why I was getting the regular DDS180 drills. They’re pretty much the same drill but with the added hammer option if ya need it

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Is that one on the list Bill, or you purchasing that on line? Could you have one H to many in the number.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I need a couple more lboxx3s, but might save up for a tool to go in them. No bargains in the L3s though

I’ve been looking at getting an L3 box for my half sheet sander. Atlas sells them for $65. Add another item for $35 and you get free shipping.

Kevin.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 986 total)

The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 13’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 3.849 seconds