dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 12

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author

Ever feel like you need new list ‘scenery’?

Do you mean new items on the list or a new look to the list?

New items basically. There’s not much there that I want or need.

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be looking the gift horse in the mouth so to speak.

But what would be so wrong with simply having everything that Bosch makes available provided it doesn’t go over 500K pts in value?

Ok..now that I do think is looking a gift horse in the mouth. This isn’t supposed to be a forum to get anything you want…it is supposed to be a forum for having meaningful banter about tools, tool related topics, and pro topics and projects….and they happen to reward you for doing so. Imho they are more than generous in their list offerings. If you don’t see anything you want/need then stock pile your piggies, donate them, or take a break.

This site allows DIY people to contribute as well. A lot of good content can be contributed by all people of different walks of life…and it should be good content for the nice tools we are gifted. To ask for every tool Bosch makes is a bit over the top to me. Hey…you asked…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Post of the year right there.
    @WoodMan_412 needs to put up a new want list on the IWK thread… for those with a lot of piggys.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Just sent Jim an email requesting a Lboxx 3, Blackwater web belt, and a 6.0 battery….I think I am going to save up for a few more l boxes then maybe see if Jim bethepro can add the l cart to the list…

great redemption chad. for which tool do you need the big battery?
    The XL-CART would be a nice addition to the list.

I will be using it mostly in my 18v saw and occasionally in the socket ready impact.

Maybe you can do a test to see if and how much more power the impact has vs the 4ah battery.

Nice redemption Chad. I’d also be interested in how the 6Ah battery performs against the 4Ah with the impact.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Ok..now that I do think is looking a gift horse in the mouth. This isn’t supposed to be a forum to get anything you want…it is supposed to be a forum for having meaningful banter about tools, tool related topics, and pro topics and projects….and they happen to reward you for doing so. Imho they are more than generous in their list offerings. If you don’t see anything you want/need then stock pile your piggies, donate them, or take a break.

This site allows DIY people to contribute as well. A lot of good content can be contributed by all people of different walks of life…and it should be good content for the nice tools we are gifted. To ask for every tool Bosch makes is a bit over the top to me. Hey…you asked…

Well said @overanalyze. I couldn’t agree with this more.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Doobie

But what would be so wrong with simply having everything that Bosch makes available provided it doesn’t go over 500K pts in value?

Think you read that the wrong way. I was only quetioning why they limited not having all tools available.

I thought having all tools available would simplify things and also help profile all their tools better rather than just some. I just never understood the logic of having only a select group of their tools available.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just sent Jim an email requesting a Lboxx 3, Blackwater web belt, and a 6.0 battery….

Chad congrats sounds like a nice order. The 6.0Ah battery will be nice to check out

Kevin I think you are confusing this site with the CPO tool site or any tool site that sells tools. This is not a free tool site, hence all of Bosch’s catalog is not available for “order”. It is a site where Bosch makes certain tools available to us for free to evaluate and to encourage others to try on the job site in the hopes that we will see how good the tools are and make the switch to Bosch and encourage others to do so as well. Let the tools do the talking so to speak. That is why the list is populated with the most popular tools (drivers. saws, laser measures, grinders) as these are used on all the job sites and when lent out they can be compared quickly to what you are currently using. I mean how many times a year does the average carpenter need a cement cutter? If there is nothing on the list that interests you please see Dan’s IWK thread as I am sure they would appreciate a donation.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’d like to save up for this 14in Bosch cutoff tool kit that I just discovered on the Bosch site, but it’s not currently on the prize list. 🙁

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cutoff-machines-1365k-27695-p/

Would be nice to see this on the rewards list…maybe santa jim will hear/read your wish 😛

So buy it! Why does everything have to be on the rewards list. Show your financial support of Bosch tools as well…

I agree. I guess you just are not aware Andrew – @overanalyze.

Since I became active on this forum last year, I have bought 8 Bosch drills; around $1,000 in SDS-Max accessories since getting my Rotary Hammer of which $600 were all Bosch (and the rest would have been as well had they sold the Bosch made Hitachi extensions); a $200 tile laser; a $100 laser measure; a $100 4 1/2 grinder; about $300 in Bosch SDS-Plus accesories; 2 PB360 radios; 2 pairs of Keen footwear and about $200 in Blaklader accesories.

I hardly think I’m guilty of not supporting Bosch and its sponsors out of my own pocket. I think there is even more, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, and I’m about to hopefully buy the 18V Bosch brushless drywall screwgun kit if I can get Lowes to recognize a pricing error during a flash sale they made yesterday and honor a discount that was malfunctioning when I was trying to buy it.

Honestly, I think your pointing a finger at the wrong guy.

Think you read that the wrong way. I was only quetioning why they limited not having all tools available.

I thought having all tools available would simplify things and also help profile all their tools better rather than just some. I just never understood the logic of having only a select group of their tools available.

It seems to me that there is a lot of back peddling going on. I know that I haven’t been overly active lately, but from what I read over the last two days I can see why discussions are going the way they are. How about we just leave the list to Jim and be done with it.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

IMHO, the thread IS “what are you saving up for”. The sponsors of the site are great in doing what they do. I am really appreciative of them doing so. No way I could afford to get what I have got otherwise (I guess they get free product placement in my videos in return, for whatever that is worth). I would add that “dreaming” about the list is allowed. The sponsors can then gauge the feelings and desires of the participants and it also spreads the word of the products. I get excited when I learn of a new or different product, whether it is on the list or not. I have learned of a few things just by someone suggesting they would like to see it added. Yes, the forum, in general, is great for everyone to banter about what is going on in the field and how it is done and to share knowledge and experience, but this particular thread is where dreams live. Dream on!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

While thinking about upcoming projects, i’ve got dreaming in my head, i was thinking the cordless drywall screw gun and the autofeed attachment might be beneficial. I’ve always just used a drill driver to screw in drywall screws, would be interesting to see how much faster i can do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d like to save up for this 14in Bosch cutoff tool kit that I just discovered on the Bosch site, but it’s not currently on the prize list. 🙁

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cutoff-machines-1365k-27695-p/

Would be nice to see this on the rewards list…maybe santa jim will hear/read your wish 😛

So buy it! Why does everything have to be on the rewards list. Show your financial support of Bosch tools as well…

I agree. I guess you just are not aware Andrew – @overanalyze.

Since I became active on this forum last year, I have bought 8 Bosch drills; around $1,000 in SDS-Max accessories since getting my Rotary Hammer of which $600 were all Bosch (and the rest would have been as well had they sold the Bosch made Hitachi extensions); a $200 tile laser; a $100 laser measure; a $100 4 1/2 grinder; about $300 in Bosch SDS-Plus accesories; 2 PB360 radios; 2 pairs of Keen footwear and about $200 in Blaklader accesories.

I hardly think I’m guilty of not supporting Bosch and its sponsors out of my own pocket. I think there is even more, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, and I’m about to hopefully buy the 18V Bosch brushless drywall screwgun kit if I can get Lowes to recognize a pricing error during a flash sale they made yesterday and honor a discount that was malfunctioning when I was trying to buy it.

Honestly, I think your pointing a finger at the wrong guy.

It seems to me that there is a lot of back peddling going on. I know that I haven’t been overly active lately, but from what I read over the last two days I can see why discussions are going the way they are. How about we just leave the list to Jim and be done with it.

IMHO, the thread IS “what are you saving up for”. The sponsors of the site are great in doing what they do. I am really appreciative of them doing so. No way I could afford to get what I have got otherwise (I guess they get free product placement in my videos in return, for whatever that is worth). I would add that “dreaming” about the list is allowed. The sponsors can then gauge the feelings and desires of the participants and it also spreads the word of the products. I get excited when I learn of a new or different product, whether it is on the list or not. I have learned of a few things just by someone suggesting they would like to see it added. Yes, the forum, in general, is great for everyone to banter about what is going on in the field and how it is done and to share knowledge and experience, but this particular thread is where dreams live. Dream on!

Geez man, All I can say is here’s the link to Dans IWK piggy donation if anyone isn’t happy with the prize list…. So stop it and let’s move on………Dabbs

Link for IWKwoodshop donation account
    http://bethepro.com/members/iwkwoodshop/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well 3 years ago we had a list with about 12 things on it..

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

While thinking about upcoming projects, i’ve got dreaming in my head, i was thinking the cordless drywall screw gun and the autofeed attachment might be beneficial. I’ve always just used a drill driver to screw in drywall screws, would be interesting to see how much faster i can do it.

I used my IDS181 for drywalling in the past. pulled then the trigger and got the SGH182 + MA55 from the list. installing sheet rock with the auto feeder is amazingly fast. pretty sure you won’t regret it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I used my IDS181 for drywalling in the past. pulled then the trigger and got the SGH182 + MA55 from the list. installing sheet rock with the auto feeder is amazingly fast. pretty sure you won’t regret it.

are you using 2a batteries? have you gotten your hands on the 6a for the sgh182? i am curious how well and long it would work with it.

woodman_412

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>Post of the year right there.
    woodman_412 needs to put up a new want list on the IWK thread… for those with a lot of piggys.

We’ll be back in action in the IWK shop in another month so I’m sure we’ll have some new needs for the shop then. I’ll post up any needs that come up in the shop. We definitely couldn’t do what we do now without all the donations from you guys, it has made a huge difference!

Dan

danpattison.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yup, I think I came just after that to this site.

Can’t remember when I got here. Remember a thread where we gave our time here and there was a way to tell. All I know is this place has grown so much, as has the rewards list

Can’t remember when I got here. Remember a thread where we gave our time here and there was a way to tell. All I know is this place has grown so much, as has the rewards list

The list was good when I joined but now it is awesome! Jim and the others behind the scenes do a fantastic job keeping this place running.

@woodman_412
    glad to hear of all the good you do for that workshop!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The list was good when I joined but now it is awesome! Jim and the others behind the scenes do a fantastic job keeping this place running.

Yes so many things have been added to the list it is fantastic. Yes items have disappeared over time but most of it has been to tools being discontinued.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Yes it was. It amazed me actually. And your right Jim and the crew have added a bunch of great tools to it sense then.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Doobie

Never knew it was that short of a list at one time. I’ll shut up and thank my lucky stars it is what it is now. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers earlier. 😔

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 12’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.409 seconds