dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 12

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ok , They sell couplers that could work. Yes some jobs need more hose than others, like sanding open beam ceilings.

do you have a link or picture from those bosch couplers ?!
    what ceiling heights do you usually work on? the 16.4ft hose should be ok unless you work in a cathedral or so 😀

No I don’t have a link and it doesn’t have to be a Bosch coupler. It can be anything.. A ABS plumbing fitting or the bulk bin of vac fittings they have at woodCraft store. Yea the ceiling I will be sanding next it a 17 feet to the top. The last time I sand on it I had to have the vac on the plank with me.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Ok , They sell couplers that could work. Yes some jobs need more hose than others, like sanding open beam ceilings.

what ceiling heights do you usually work on? the 16.4ft hose should be ok unless you work in a cathedral or so

No I don’t have a link and it doesn’t have to be a Bosch coupler. It can be anything.. A ABS plumbing fitting or the bulk bin of vac fittings they have at woodCraft store. Yea the ceiling I will be sanding next it a 17 feet to the top. The last time I sand on it I had to have the vac on the plank with me.

Of course there is always another option/ way but since you talked about bosch hoses and extension I only pointed out that Bosch doesn’t have couplers for their hoses 😛
    Well, stay safe up there for your next job.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

what ceiling heights do you usually work on? the 16.4ft hose should be ok unless you work in a cathedral or so

Of course there is always another option/ way but since you talked about bosch hoses and extension I only pointed out that Bosch doesn’t have couplers for their hoses 😛

Another option is to sit a dust deputy where the coupler would be, right on the stage with you. Cleaning out a DD is much easier

@58chev any models in particular Frank.

@boschmanbrian,
    It’s a toss up between the following.

CLPK233-181L With the DDS182 EC, IDH182 EC
    CLPK250-181L With the HDS182 EC, IDH182 EC

Either one would be more a want than a need as I have a good M18 drill/driver/impact set now.

Yes, two good choices Frank, I really like my IDH182, I have the HDS181 it’s not the brushless model, either kit you choose will be awesome,

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I’m still saving for the 12V jigsaw but it’s been slow going. Haven’t been around the forum as much lately since my spare time has been taken up doing some photography. From what I’ve heard about the 12V saw from you guys I think it’s worth the wait.

I would say its worth it. I really like the convenience of it. Since you already have a corded one its not like its something you need right now, so you can wait.

@58chev any models in particular Frank.

@boschmanbrian,

Either one would be more a want than a need as I have a good M18 drill/driver/impact set now.

They are both almost exactly the same size. Of coarse the hammer drill is longer and heavier but not by much really even to notice. If you think you might need to ever drill a hole into concrete or masonary at all I would go for that.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

58chev any models in particular Frank.

boschmanbrian,

They are both almost exactly the same size. Of coarse the hammer drill is longer and heavier but not by much really even to notice. If you think you might need to ever drill a hole into concrete or masonry at all I would go for that.

@austin
    ThanX for the insight as to what the differences are. Looks like the hammer drill and impact it is. When the time comes.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

ThanX for the insight as to what the differences are. Looks like the hammer drill and impact it is. When the time comes.

Either way how you gonna decide Frank. Both are some great drills.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Thinking maybe the bare Drywall unit and the battery / charger combo now over the 8″ miter saw .

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thinking maybe the bare Drywall unit and the battery / charger combo now over the 8″ miter saw .

Go for the miter saw when you don’t do so much drywalling 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

That combo kit is nice! I’ve talked quite a bit about the Bosch Drywall gun at work even though I do very little drywall.

A Working Pro since 2004

I have Hilti drywall guns with atuofed clips . Looking to maybe cut the cord a bit .

That combo kit is nice! I’ve talked quite a bit about the Bosch Drywall gun at work even though I do very little drywall.

We love tools even if we just use it once for a job . Lol

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have Hilti drywall guns with atuofed clips . Looking to maybe cut the cord a bit .

Well if you wanna go cordless thats the way to go.
    I redeemed the SGH182B (bare tool) when it hit the rewards list and I am very happy with it. I did my entire garage ceiling (23’x23′) on a 4.0 battery and the battery gauge still shows 3/3 LED’s

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Another option is to sit a dust deputy where the coupler would be, right on the stage with you. Cleaning out a DD is much easier

First a plank is not a stage. It’s maybe 10″ wide and the dust deputy is for the shop guys, I have no way to haul that thing around.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol chris we can always change that if you want to do more drywall. I have a few extra pieces of drywall left over and I was thinking of just throwing that up on an area that is bare.

First a plank is not a stage. It’s maybe 10″ wide and the dust deputy is for the shop guys, I have no way to haul that thing around.

Fair enough on the size of it. Dont know your setup

But a dust deputy is a bucket, and is on wheels if you bother to install them, or not if you dont. Pretty sure a bucket isn’t to hard to bring along. I find the hassle of bringing it with me is a lot less than the hassle of emptying the shop vac

Yes that 18 volt combo starter kit is great, I remember you getting it over a year ago,
    Still hoping to see the new brushless 1/2 impact hitting the list soon 🙂

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Just redeemed the 12V starter kit, and hopefully will get it this week.

I just redeemed the Colt installers kit, I think I’m going to aim for the worm drive Skilsaw next.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I just redeemed the Colt installers kit, I think I’m going to aim for the worm drive Skilsaw next.

better get that soon, the future is uncertain if it will stay on the list.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The colt is interesting, good redemption. It has crossed my mind a couple of times, so it’s on the radar. Perhaps by the time I get to saving for one, the new one will be available.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 12’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.936 seconds