dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 12

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’d like to save up for this 14in Bosch cutoff tool kit that I just discovered on the Bosch site, but it’s not currently on the prize list. 🙁

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cutoff-machines-1365k-27695-p/

Would be nice to see this on the rewards list…maybe santa jim will hear/read your wish 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I’d like to save up for this 14in Bosch cutoff tool kit that I just discovered on the Bosch site, but it’s not currently on the prize list. 🙁

Would be nice to see this on the rewards list…maybe santa jim will hear/read your wish 😛

So buy it! Why does everything have to be on the rewards list. Show your financial support of Bosch tools as well…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

So buy it! Why does everything have to be on the rewards list. Show your financial support of Bosch tools as well…

True that. I thought about asking jim about adding the 12v jigsaw but instead I am going to save up my money and buy it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

You are right with that andrew.
    on my part; I do buy a lot of bosch tools myself rather then going thru the redeeming option.
    same with keens…I bought 3 pair of keens boots/shoes in less than 7 days rather spending my points on them.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

You are right with that andrew.
    on my part; I do buy a lot of bosch tools myself rather then going thru the redeeming option.
    same with keens…I bought 3 pair of keens boots/shoes in less than 7 days rather spending my points on them.

Didnt you just buy like 7 bosch guns?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Didnt you just buy like 7 bosch guns?

Not all at once…
    3 bosch guns recently; (one via HD, two received by siberian)
    and last year I received 2 guns from overanalyze and the rest I added before and between that time.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t want to sounds like I don’t love the redemption list or use it…obviously we all do. But not everything needs to go on the list nor should it. Just my humble opinion…

You will love that little jigsaw @Austin!

Andrew

woodman_412

I’ve been buying a lot of my Bosch gear lately rather than saving up for it from the prize list…laser level and power planer being the most recent. If you look at it from a time perspective it takes far less time to work and earn the money to buy a tool than to make enough posts to save up the points. So making BTP your primary source of new tools doesn’t really make sense. It should be more of a bonus for participating on a forum that would be worthwhile even without the points and free tools.

Having said that I’m still saving up for the PS22. I don’t need one bad enough to go spend the money on it so getting it with points is perfect.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

I agree. I guess you just are not aware Andrew – @overanalyze.

Since I became active on this forum last year, I have bought 8 Bosch drills; around $1,000 in SDS-Max accessories since getting my Rotary Hammer of which $600 were all Bosch (and the rest would have been as well had they sold the Bosch made Hitachi extensions); a $200 tile laser; a $100 laser measure; a $100 4 1/2 grinder; about $300 in Bosch SDS-Plus accesories; 2 PB360 radios; 2 pairs of Keen footwear and about $200 in Blaklader accesories.

I hardly think I’m guilty of not supporting Bosch and its sponsors out of my own pocket. I think there is even more, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, and I’m about to hopefully buy the 18V Bosch brushless drywall screwgun kit if I can get Lowes to recognize a pricing error during a flash sale they made yesterday and honor a discount that was malfunctioning when I was trying to buy it.

Honestly, I think your pointing a finger at the wrong guy.

If you look at it from a time perspective it takes far less time to work and earn the money to buy a tool than to make enough posts to save up the points. So making BTP your primary source of new tools doesn’t really make sense. It should be more of a bonus for participating on a forum that would be worthwhile even without the points and free tools.

Couldn’t have said it better Dan. 👌

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The 1250DEVS sander and the CSM180BL metal saw are both high on my list at the moment.

Those are two great items right there Ron, the saw, you already have the batteries for, and the sander would be great in the shop.

That’s my dilemma Brian. I would love to have the sander for the shop. But the saw would be a nice addition to my truck tools. I need my piggy’s to get busy and multiply. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

I agree. I guess you just are not aware Andrew – @overanalyze.

Since I became active on this forum last year, I have bought 8 Bosch drills; around $1,000 in SDS-Max accessories since getting my Rotary Hammer of which $600 were all Bosch (and the rest would have been as well had they sold the Bosch made Hitachi extensions); a $200 tile laser; a $100 laser measure; a $100 4 1/2 grinder; about $300 in Bosch SDS-Plus accesories; 2 PB360 radios; 2 pairs of Keen footwear and about $200 in Blaklader accesories.

I hardly think I’m guilty of not supporting Bosch and its sponsors out of my own pocket. I think there is even more, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh, and I’m about to hopefully buy the 18V Bosch brushless drywall screwgun kit if I can get Lowes to recognize a pricing error during a flash sale they made yesterday and honor a discount that was malfunctioning when I was trying to buy it.

Honestly, I think your pointing a finger at the wrong guy.

If you look at it from a time perspective it takes far less time to work and earn the money to buy a tool than to make enough posts to save up the points. So making BTP your primary source of new tools doesn’t really make sense. It should be more of a bonus for participating on a forum that would be worthwhile even without the points and free tools.

Couldn’t have said it better Dan. 👌

Missed these in the toolaholic thread. Besides, honestly do not believe Andrew was pointing fingers at anyone . Think it was more a general statement coming from a guy that buys far more than he gets for free and was making the statement that many feel, if you need it get it. If you have a need for it go for it.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Keep it friendly boys…lol

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I’ve been buying a lot of my Bosch gear lately rather than saving up for it from the prize list…laser level and power planer being the most recent. If you look at it from a time perspective it takes far less time to work and earn the money to buy a tool than to make enough posts to save up the points. So making BTP your primary source of new tools doesn’t really make sense. It should be more of a bonus for participating on a forum that would be worthwhile even without the points and free tools.

Having said that I’m still saving up for the PS22. I don’t need one bad enough to go spend the money on it so getting it with points is perfect.

Dan, I think you said exactly what Andrew said. If you are making money with tools, not collecting, it is cheaper to to buy than get points for them

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Besides, honestly do not believe Andrew was pointing fingers at anyone . Think it was more a general statement coming from a guy that buys far more than he gets for free and was making the statement that many feel, if you need it get it. If you have a need for it go for it.

Like you said Ed, I am pretty sure too that andrew was not pointing fingers at anyone. And of course we can’t see any bosch item on the rewards list.
    Dan brought up a good point…and hes correct with it.
    I see the entire point system / redeem option as a treat for being a member and participate here in the community 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Yes definitely not calling any one person out. Just more of a general statement.

Andrew

Doobie

Yes definitely not calling any one person out. Just more of a general statement.

No prob. I thought I was being called out. I wasn’t mad, just scratched my head for a while and stated what I felt was a defense against what I knew was a misconception that sounded like it was directed at me.

Makes better sense. I really was scratching my head on it….like “Huh! Say what?”

Keep it friendly boys…lol

It wasn’t going there for me. Sorry if my own wording in my reply also was awkwardly delivered.

Back to the threads purpose and in regards to those large cutoff saws. Now I’m not so sure I’d really one now after reading the comments from a thread on them earlier this year that touched on them.

Kurt’s post here in that thread here is what discouraged me from yearning for them to get added back to the list.http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-concrete-vibrators/page/2/#post-476473

While everybody’s experiences can vary, his comments gave a great insight I thought which is one of the great things about this forum. I tend to acquire tools from here that are out of the norm for HO/DIYers, and it’s this kind of feedback that is gold to me. Ask the folks at HD about this kind of stuff, you more often than not get blank stares.

I have a similar saw in a Dewalt. The power and capabilities of the electric are pale in comparison to a gas cutoff saw. We use ours mainly indoors and For small jobs. Any job of size, we rent an electric floor saw. We have used it several times to cut door openings in block walls. it does cut block fairly well, poured concrete no so well. I do not believe you can use water with it either. You can not with my Dewalt, but the vacuum attachment does not work to bad. Husqvarna has an electric saw that will work with water or a vacuum.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

After seeing the blakladers shorts @doobies place, I think I may have to get a pair .

Doobie

After seeing the blakladers shorts @doobies place, I think I may have to get a pair .

Those were the US 3/4’s. Can’t get them here thru Blaklader Canada (WRKWEAR). Gotta get them from the US.

They are awesome though. Every chance I get, I tell them at WRKWEAR to dump their current flooring 3/4 model and opt for the US available 3/4’s instead.

Both the Canadian and US supplier can chose whatever the heck they want to carry in each respective company/country. If anybody sees some Blaklader stuff from overseas they would like to see here, let them know. Pester them to death! That’s how shet happens. It’s all ‘Supply and Demand’. That’s how a lot of product selections by distributors works.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Those were the US 3/4’s. Can’t get them here thru Blaklader Canada (WRKWEAR). Gotta get them from the US.

They are awesome though. Every chance I get, I tell them at WRKWEAR to dump their current flooring 3/4 model and opt for the US available 3/4’s instead.

Both the Canadian and US supplier can chose whatever the heck they want to carry in each respective company/country. If anybody sees some Blaklader stuff from overseas they would like to see here, let them know. Pester them to death! That’s how shet happens. It’s all ‘Supply and Demand’. That’s how a lot of product selections by distributors works.

yah i even tried to search up if there are any retailers in Canada that carry them and it seems to be a US exclusive.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

The colt installers kit caught my eye again. I guess we shall see what happens once I’ve got enough piggies for things!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 12’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.041 seconds