dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 12

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,003 total)
  • Author

I think that the old thread is about to break. So, here is a new one.

Here is a link to the old thread:

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-saving-up-for-version-11/page/50/

Orange County, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I had no clue that I have enough points for the dust extractor…thought the 14gal auto was 360k piggies but its the semi….
    guess I have to think about it; semi or auto. but I am pretty sure the auto would be more useful

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I had no clue that I have enough points for the dust extractor…thought the 14gal auto was 360k piggies but its the semi….
    guess I have to think about it; semi or auto. but I am pretty sure the auto would be more useful

It’s having to press that button every time I don’t want the AC to function that would drive me nuts. For me, I’d prefer the semi.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

That would be a sweet redemption! I would like to get into the dust collection myself but I’m nowhere close. I would need the surface grinder with DC and stuff also.
    Was is Instagram where I saw woodman with the cordless circular saw with
    a dust port on it?

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

It’s having to press that button every time I don’t want the AC to function that would drive me nuts. For me, I’d prefer the semi.

I think the Semi would be the way to go. Especially if you want to run a HEPA filter in there.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@MrToolJunkie thanks for the new thread

@madman_us that’s going for be a great redemption, have you decided yet which one semi or auto,

Doobie

I would need the surface grinder with DC and stuff also.

The 1773AK surface grinder they had on the prize list is gone. Ask Aaron. He tried redeeming for it and was told it was discontinued. Seems the newer model that replaced it is not up for grabs instead for redemption…..yet! 😉

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The 1773AK surface grinder they had on the prize list is gone. Ask Aaron. He tried redeeming for it and was told it was discontinued. Seems the newer model that replaced it is not up for grabs instead for redemption…..yet! 😉

yup i can confirm that, i was going to get it so i can smooth out some areas near the garage. I will end up picking up a grinding disc from atlas machinery for my 4 1/2 inch grinder and do what chris did.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The 1250DEVS sander and the CSM180BL metal saw are both high on my list at the moment.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The 1250DEVS sander and the CSM180BL metal saw are both high on my list at the moment.

The 1250DEVS is right up there for me, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

yup i can confirm that, i was going to get it so i can smooth out some areas near the garage. I will end up picking up a grinding disc from atlas machinery for my 4 1/2 inch grinder and do what chris did.

Do they makethose cup shaped discs that small? I would think it may not have enough power in a 4 1/2 grinder to do that kind of grind effectively. The 1773AK 5in surface grinder runs around 10 amps plus. Four and a half in grinders I think run around 6A typically.

EDIT: Hey @R-Ice, why don’t you bring over when you come by to pick up your fans for your solar kiln later today your film camera GoPro and we can use my 1773 to grind away some curb that needs a little dressing up from the curb cut I had done last fall when we widened our driveway? I don’t think itwould take more than 15 mins from start to finish. That grinder really boogies. I had just killed the crap growing at the end of my curb earlier this week and was thinking of finding the time just for that in fact.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Do they makethose cup shaped discs that small? I would think it may not have enough power in a 4 1/2 grinder to do that kind of grind effectively. The 1773AK 5in surface grinder runs around 10 amps plus. Four and a half in grinders I think run around 6A typically.

http://www.atlas-machinery.com/4-5-double-row-cup-wheel-5-8-11-thread/
    they sell it, if it doesn’t work out i guess i’ll be redeeming for a grinder and a diamond cup.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

HUM, I have forgotten all about that 18V metal saw. I might have to add that to my want list.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

they sell it, if it doesn’t work out i guess i’ll be redeeming for a grinder and a diamond cup.

The only one on the prize list is the 7in grinder. They do make an accesory dust ported shroud for it too for cup wheels IIRC, but I can’t seem to find it on their website right now. Might be a bit heavy and bulky though being that big. But I’ve thought of getting it also myself.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That’s why I am getting the semi. Which I will have enough points in a couple days.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have both and they are excellent tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Those are two great items right there Ron, the saw, you already have the batteries for, and the sander would be great in the shop.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The only one on the prize list is the 7in grinder. They do make an accesory dust ported shroud for it too for cup wheels IIRC, but I can’t seem to find it on their website right now. Might be a bit heavy and bulky though being that big. But I’ve thought of getting it also myself.

yah unfortunately won’t have the handle your does and that was why i was looking for something like that.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

True but the semi don’t have the suction dial

I think the Semi would be the way to go. Especially if you want to run a HEPA filter in there.

Makes sense, there are quite a few points to take in consideration.

that’s going for be a great redemption, have you decided yet which one semi or auto

nope; not quite ready yet to make a decision

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I’d like to save up for this 14in Bosch cutoff tool kit that I just discovered on the Bosch site, but it’s not currently on the prize list. 🙁

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/cutoff-machines-1365k-27695-p/

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,003 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 12’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 3.027 seconds