dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 11

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have a couple of reviews that I have to finish up this week. That should help me out with a bit of a boost in points and get me a bit closer to the vac that I want.

I need to do the exact same thing.

Guilty as well. Although a lot of them simply had to wait til I used the actual tools, that has finally started to happen over the past few weeks.

Same here…1 tool and accessory are waiting for a review. I probably do that on the upcoming weekend.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I have a couple of reviews that I have to finish up this week. That should help me out with a bit of a boost in points and get me a bit closer to the vac that I want.

I need to do the exact same thing.

Guilty as well. Although a lot of them simply had to wait til I used the actual tools, that has finally started to happen over the past few weeks.

Same here…1 tool and accessory are waiting for a review. I probably do that on the upcoming weekend.

I think I could right ten reviews if I had the time. Maybe once the urgent things get done on my projects I’ll get cracking at a few of them.

Clev08
    Pro

If you write a review, is that your 5,000 points for the day or can you still earn your other points on top of the review points?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If you write a review, is that your 5,000 points for the day or can you still earn your other points on top of the review points?

No the piggys go the the IWK work shop for the kids.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Points for reviews are counted seperately. You still get all of your daily points as well.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That should help me out with a bit of a boost in points and get me a bit closer to the vac that I want.

I remember saving up for that vac, it took a long time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah but you gotta wait till it gets posted before you get the points. Depending on the que of reviews and posts that jims has, you have to wait in line lol.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

which demo hammer, the larger one DH1020VC or 11264EVS or a cordless one?

Who knows, it’s a thought.

Torch might work better but the demo hammer might act like an electric version of the air hammer only quieter.

Tried using a MAPP Gas torch, and all it did is get everything really hot. Air hammer didn’t do any thing. Was thinking a nice demo hammer may have a little bit more punch.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Tried using a MAPP Gas torch, and all it did is get everything really hot. Air hammer didn’t do any thing.

Man that must of really been stuck. Mapp can usually get most things red hot not as fast as oxy acetylene but it can. An air hammer can usually do the trick too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Man that must of really been stuck.

Did I mention that I sprayed it for two weeks or so with PB blaster between attempts? I’ll get it, just have to focus on a couple of other things first.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Tried using a MAPP Gas torch, and all it did is get everything really hot. Air hammer didn’t do any thing.

Man that must of really been stuck. Mapp can usually get most things red hot not as fast as oxy acetylene but it can. An air hammer can usually do the trick too.

@svensshutters,
    One trick I learnt was to get the nut/bolt hot and take a crayon and let it melt and seep into the threads. This trick has helped with the removal of exhaust components and 02 sensors.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

My torsion bars have rusted into place pretty good, I bet one of those would really do the trick at knocking them out.

Torch might work better but the demo hammer might act like an electric version of the air hammer only quieter.

That’s a good idea, never thought of it for that use, could use it for many jobs on the cars / truck tie rods and so on.

I was looking at those a while back for like tie-rods ends or idler arm, pitman arm replacement. But I couldn’t find a pickle fork bit

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

If you had a blacksmith handy you could have one made. Weld the pickle fork to a shank; the smith could look after the heat treat to bring it back to proper hardness/toughness.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Did I mention that I sprayed it for two weeks or so with PB blaster between attempts? I’ll get it, just have to focus on a couple of other things first.

My own experience is if it’s really stuck/rusted on, no penetrating oil is going to work. It just comes down to brute force, and probably breaking stuff while trying.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My own experience is if it’s really stuck/rusted on, no penetrating oil is going to work. It just comes down to brute force, and probably breaking stuff while trying.

Heat, But just the outside housing on anything

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

One trick I learnt was to get the nut/bolt hot and take a crayon and let it melt and seep into the threads. This trick has helped with the removal of exhaust components and 02 sensors.

Do you think a candle would work if a guy didn’t have any crayons?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Do you think a candle would work if a guy didn’t have any crayons?

Wax candle should do the trick, if there is no access to crayons.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

what about trying nano oil, i find that really gets into the smallest crevices and loosens it up.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

as of right now im leaning towards teh brushless circ saw and more lboxxs… plus a coupole more 4 amp batteries

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Doobie

No clue what to get next, but if a deal comes thru with a Lowes add where they screwed up and I’m successful at getting them to honour it, I may be wanting to get the MA55 autofeeder.

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 11’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.155 seconds