dcsimg

What are the most useful "Freebies" you have ever owned?

This topic contains 127 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RonW 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author

redwood
    Pro

I forgot, a number of years ago, at a lumberyard tool day, I won a raffle for some Occidental leather tool bags. I actually ended up giving them to my lead guy.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I forgot, a number of years ago, at a lumberyard tool day, I won a raffle for some Occidental leather tool bags. I actually ended up giving them to my lead guy.

now that is an amazing freebie, i am sure your lead guy was extremely appreciative.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice prize Mark. That was a nice tool belt.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Now, that’s a really nice prize. Very thoughtful of the donor.

redwood
    Pro

now that is an amazing freebie, i am sure your lead guy was extremely appreciative.

They were beautiful, well made bags, but very heavy. They ended up being art on a wall.

I’d have to say that everything I’ve received from BTP and their sponsors has gotten much more use.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Seems like we don’t get much for freebies here in Canada. At least not me, anyways.

Althought, I did get a sweet clipboard from the guy who runs the Pro Desk at our local Home Depot. I think it was contractor appreciation day.
    It’s a steel clipboard with a box underneath, useful for keeping papers and receipts together. I still use it faithfully, 5 or 6 years later.

And Bosch sent me a free adapter for my oscillating tool, so I can use other brands of attachments.

I’ll second the point of view, that we Canadians don’t get as many freebies as our American counterparts 🙂

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They were beautiful, well made bags, but very heavy. They ended up being art on a wall.

I’d have to say that everything I’ve received from BTP and their sponsors has gotten much more use.

i thought i would be in to getting a set of tool bags but ever since i got a pair of blakladers, i just fill the pockets with what i need lol.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Seems like we don’t get much for freebies here in Canada. At least not me, anyways.

Althought, I did get a sweet clipboard from the guy who runs the Pro Desk at our local Home Depot. I think it was contractor appreciation day.
    It’s a steel clipboard with a box underneath, useful for keeping papers and receipts together. I still use it faithfully, 5 or 6 years later.

And Bosch sent me a free adapter for my oscillating tool, so I can use other brands of attachments.

I’ll second the point of view, that we Canadians don’t get as many freebies as our American counterparts :)

I guess you’ll have to settle for healthcare!

That’s a high dollar freebie! Very nice of the yard to give something like that away!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well said Mark. I feel the same way.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Entered the unleash your bulldog contest that bosch just had, my picture came in 5th. I got a free t shirt hat a few stickers and pencils. All thanks to bosch for the awesome contest. You guys rock. You can be sure I will be wearing the shirt and hat on the job site plenty.

Clev08
    Pro

That’s awesome! I wasn’t able to enter the contest because I don’t have one, and I definately wasn’t going to buy one just to enter the contest lol.

Brackers
    Pro
    Waterloo, Ontario

Still waiting!!!

Actually I did get a pretty good 25′ tape recently its really good quality. A few dozen baseball caps, always good in the summer. I have had a few reasonably good mag lights. The common one here also a 6″ steel rule.

I have had several crappy multi tools and combi screwdrivers that you couldn’t even use in a push!!

I have looked at getting some marketing free-bees to give to my customers but without paying a small fortune there’s nothing I would put may name on and giving out pens seems a bit lame I think.

Does anyone here give out free-bees to customers? Something I’m looking to investigate to get my name out there.

Bob…

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Still waiting!!!

Actually I did get a pretty good 25′ tape recently its really good quality. A few dozen baseball caps, always good in the summer. I have had a few reasonably good mag lights. The common one here also a 6″ steel rule.

I have had several crappy multi tools and combi screwdrivers that you couldn’t even use in a push!!

I have looked at getting some marketing free-bees to give to my customers but without paying a small fortune there’s nothing I would put may name on and giving out pens seems a bit lame I think.

Does anyone here give out free-bees to customers? Something I’m looking to investigate to get my name out there.

Bob…

I had some small note pads with my letterhead on them that I was leaving around, but that’s only because all my printing is free lol

I looked into different things – pens seeming to be the best option, since you can actually get a half decent pen at a reasonable price, but I know what your saying about wanting to give something a little unique.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That’s awesome! I wasn’t able to enter the contest because I don’t have one, and I definately wasn’t going to buy one just to enter the contest lol.

I wasn’t going to enter either because I don’t have a bulldog but I noticed like 3 of the top 4 photos didn’t have anything to do with unleashing your bulldog so I entered and at least put a picture up of using my hammer drill setting on my drill.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Entered the unleash your bulldog contest that bosch just had, my picture came in 5th. I got a free t shirt hat a few stickers and pencils. All thanks to bosch for the awesome contest. You guys rock. You can be sure I will be wearing the shirt and hat on the job site plenty.

Sweet win! That’s a nice box of Bosch swag!

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Entered the unleash your bulldog contest that bosch just had, my picture came in 5th. I got a free t shirt hat a few stickers and pencils. All thanks to bosch for the awesome contest. You guys rock.

Austin congrats on the win. Nice prize you received too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

congrats! that is awesome. if i had known i would’ve taken a photo with my 11264 heh.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Most used ‘freebie’ that I have is a Dewalt carry bag that I use as a job-site bag for a good selection of installation tools. Don’t have it handy right now but the bottom is something like 22″ x 16″.
    Fill it with shims, putty knives, hand plane, chisels, corded drill, ROS sander, hammer, etc – all those goodies you need when installing cabinets.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve getting these 25′ Makita tape measures , I have about 3 of them now. Very useful.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ve found the Tapcon’s drillbit included in fastener boxes to be handy in a pinch but only a pinch they are not the best quality.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.587 seconds