dcsimg

What are the most useful "Freebies" you have ever owned?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

I forgot, a number of years ago, at a lumberyard tool day, I won a raffle for some Occidental leather tool bags. I actually ended up giving them to my lead guy.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I forgot, a number of years ago, at a lumberyard tool day, I won a raffle for some Occidental leather tool bags. I actually ended up giving them to my lead guy.

now that is an amazing freebie, i am sure your lead guy was extremely appreciative.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice prize Mark. That was a nice tool belt.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Now, that’s a really nice prize. Very thoughtful of the donor.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

redwood
    Pro

now that is an amazing freebie, i am sure your lead guy was extremely appreciative.

They were beautiful, well made bags, but very heavy. They ended up being art on a wall.

I’d have to say that everything I’ve received from BTP and their sponsors has gotten much more use.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Seems like we don’t get much for freebies here in Canada. At least not me, anyways.

Althought, I did get a sweet clipboard from the guy who runs the Pro Desk at our local Home Depot. I think it was contractor appreciation day.
    It’s a steel clipboard with a box underneath, useful for keeping papers and receipts together. I still use it faithfully, 5 or 6 years later.

And Bosch sent me a free adapter for my oscillating tool, so I can use other brands of attachments.

I’ll second the point of view, that we Canadians don’t get as many freebies as our American counterparts 🙂

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They were beautiful, well made bags, but very heavy. They ended up being art on a wall.

I’d have to say that everything I’ve received from BTP and their sponsors has gotten much more use.

i thought i would be in to getting a set of tool bags but ever since i got a pair of blakladers, i just fill the pockets with what i need lol.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Seems like we don’t get much for freebies here in Canada. At least not me, anyways.

Althought, I did get a sweet clipboard from the guy who runs the Pro Desk at our local Home Depot. I think it was contractor appreciation day.
    It’s a steel clipboard with a box underneath, useful for keeping papers and receipts together. I still use it faithfully, 5 or 6 years later.

And Bosch sent me a free adapter for my oscillating tool, so I can use other brands of attachments.

I’ll second the point of view, that we Canadians don’t get as many freebies as our American counterparts :)

I guess you’ll have to settle for healthcare!

That’s a high dollar freebie! Very nice of the yard to give something like that away!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well said Mark. I feel the same way.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Entered the unleash your bulldog contest that bosch just had, my picture came in 5th. I got a free t shirt hat a few stickers and pencils. All thanks to bosch for the awesome contest. You guys rock. You can be sure I will be wearing the shirt and hat on the job site plenty.

Clev08
    Pro

That’s awesome! I wasn’t able to enter the contest because I don’t have one, and I definately wasn’t going to buy one just to enter the contest lol.

Brackers
    Pro
    Waterloo, Ontario

Still waiting!!!

Actually I did get a pretty good 25′ tape recently its really good quality. A few dozen baseball caps, always good in the summer. I have had a few reasonably good mag lights. The common one here also a 6″ steel rule.

I have had several crappy multi tools and combi screwdrivers that you couldn’t even use in a push!!

I have looked at getting some marketing free-bees to give to my customers but without paying a small fortune there’s nothing I would put may name on and giving out pens seems a bit lame I think.

Does anyone here give out free-bees to customers? Something I’m looking to investigate to get my name out there.

Bob…

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Still waiting!!!

Actually I did get a pretty good 25′ tape recently its really good quality. A few dozen baseball caps, always good in the summer. I have had a few reasonably good mag lights. The common one here also a 6″ steel rule.

I have had several crappy multi tools and combi screwdrivers that you couldn’t even use in a push!!

I have looked at getting some marketing free-bees to give to my customers but without paying a small fortune there’s nothing I would put may name on and giving out pens seems a bit lame I think.

Does anyone here give out free-bees to customers? Something I’m looking to investigate to get my name out there.

Bob…

I had some small note pads with my letterhead on them that I was leaving around, but that’s only because all my printing is free lol

I looked into different things – pens seeming to be the best option, since you can actually get a half decent pen at a reasonable price, but I know what your saying about wanting to give something a little unique.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

That’s awesome! I wasn’t able to enter the contest because I don’t have one, and I definately wasn’t going to buy one just to enter the contest lol.

I wasn’t going to enter either because I don’t have a bulldog but I noticed like 3 of the top 4 photos didn’t have anything to do with unleashing your bulldog so I entered and at least put a picture up of using my hammer drill setting on my drill.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Entered the unleash your bulldog contest that bosch just had, my picture came in 5th. I got a free t shirt hat a few stickers and pencils. All thanks to bosch for the awesome contest. You guys rock. You can be sure I will be wearing the shirt and hat on the job site plenty.

Sweet win! That’s a nice box of Bosch swag!

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Entered the unleash your bulldog contest that bosch just had, my picture came in 5th. I got a free t shirt hat a few stickers and pencils. All thanks to bosch for the awesome contest. You guys rock.

Austin congrats on the win. Nice prize you received too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

congrats! that is awesome. if i had known i would’ve taken a photo with my 11264 heh.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Most used ‘freebie’ that I have is a Dewalt carry bag that I use as a job-site bag for a good selection of installation tools. Don’t have it handy right now but the bottom is something like 22″ x 16″.
    Fill it with shims, putty knives, hand plane, chisels, corded drill, ROS sander, hammer, etc – all those goodies you need when installing cabinets.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve getting these 25′ Makita tape measures , I have about 3 of them now. Very useful.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ve found the Tapcon’s drillbit included in fastener boxes to be handy in a pinch but only a pinch they are not the best quality.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.609 seconds