dcsimg

What are the most useful "Freebies" you have ever owned?

This topic contains 127 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RonW 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)
  • Author

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Most useful freebie I have is this hoodie I got from a local window and door supplier. Also pens and pencils, always find a use for them!

that looks pretty sweet, i’ve never gotten a sweater before. Thats one way for a company to guarantee that you will end up covering every other competitors tshirt is with their own comfy sweater.

Anonymous

I’ve gotten many very-useful freebies as of late.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve gotten many very-useful freebies as of late.

I bet. How is the testing biz coming along Sparky?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous

I bet. How is the testing biz coming along Sparky?

It’s a lot of fun. Waiting to see what’s going to be available to choose from each round is a lot like Christmas. Now, if I could expand it into an actual income at some point down the road…

Mrgoalie
    Pro
    Medicine Hat, AB

Seems like we don’t get much for freebies here in Canada. At least not me, anyways.

Althought, I did get a sweet clipboard from the guy who runs the Pro Desk at our local Home Depot. I think it was contractor appreciation day.
    It’s a steel clipboard with a box underneath, useful for keeping papers and receipts together. I still use it faithfully, 5 or 6 years later.

And Bosch sent me a free adapter for my oscillating tool, so I can use other brands of attachments.

Not a typical way to get a freebie but I found a new putty knife along the curb one day. I can’t tell you how many times I have used that knife.

I still keep entering contests for free tools, trucks, etc. – have only won a book so far. 🙁

got a really great hoodie from our local lumberyard recently and been wearing the hell out of it. gotten a ton of free shirts from apprentice school and my local too. don’t get many free tools unless you count the BTP prize list for points.

got a really great hoodie from our local lumberyard recently and been wearing the hell out of it. gotten a ton of free shirts from apprentice school and my local too. don’t get many free tools unless you count the BTP prize list for points.

Does your monthly dues go towards those shirts they give you for free .

Always willing to learn .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

What dues?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

A lumber yard we use has a cook out every year and they give away a free t shirt. I have one from the past 5 years. They are all a different design every time.

5% of a $70/hr total package including healthcare, pension, and profit sharing.

yes, it pays for those shirts and my 5 year apprenticeship program which includes thousands of dollars worth of text books I get to keep on top of all the education and certifications.

not to mention the great job I have that I could have only gotten through my hall.

nice try, though.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Not a typical way to get a freebie but I found a new putty knife along the curb one day. I can’t tell you how many times I have used that knife.

I still keep entering contests for free tools, trucks, etc. – have only won a book so far. :(

I have an old screwdriver that I found and have used for the last 30 years. I really like that tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

One thing i would like as a freebie is a good flashlight, i always end up getting ones that only last for a short bit. You would think they would offer one that would last forever and you’d have their logo on your keychain for years.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I don’t know if winning contests is considered a freebie because I do have to put man hours into it but I can win from $4000 min a year in contests and freebies. Good thing in Canada is I don’t have to pay any tax on it. You win it, you get it.

A Working Pro since 2004

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I don’t know if winning contests is considered a freebie because I do have to put man hours into it but I can win from $4000 min a year in contests and freebies. Good thing in Canada is I don’t have to pay any tax on it. You win it, you get it.

That’s worth the price of admission right there.

5% of a $70/hr total package including healthcare, pension, and profit sharing.

yes, it pays for those shirts and my 5 year apprenticeship program which includes thousands of dollars worth of text books I get to keep on top of all the education and certifications.

not to mention the great job I have that I could have only gotten through my hall.

nice try, though.

I wasn’t getting at anything just saying it gets paid for . No diggies man

Always willing to learn .

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s worth the price of admission right there.

i’ve seen some of his winnings, it’s like he was born with an horseshoe lol. the festool drill was the craziest, a limited edition that you can’t even buy with money.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well since now i am team stihl, i guess i’ll rock this ball cap they gave me.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

well since now i am team stihl, i guess i’ll rock this ball cap they gave me.

Is that the kevlar version? lol

Clev08
    Pro

So far just pencils, hats, sweatshirts, and food.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.540 seconds