dcsimg

What are the differences between the Bosch 4100 & GTS 1031 ?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Thanks guys, questions about the 4100.

I understand the current 4100 is a 4200-10. The one on the redemption list is a 4200-09. What’s different? If you redeem that are you getting the 9 or 10?

If you have the 4100 and use it with the gravity rise stand that rolls around. How easy is it when folded to go up and down a few steps? I am not talking about going from first floor to the second floor or down to the basement, I am talking about some places you might have to take two steps to a landing, then three more to a deck, then another step up inside a staging area. For places with steps do you roll it or do you need to carry it with both hands?

When I redeemed for mine last summer, I got the 4100-10. The 4100-09 are likely long gone now. The 4100-10 came out maybe 2 years ago, possibly longer.

Insofar as the stairs question, I can’t help as I haven’t moved mine out of the shed since I assembled it in there last year.

Yeah , on the list they show the previous 4100-09
    Which came with the 40 tooth blade , and black wrapped around the handle where I’m pointing to on the bar
    They sent me the newer version 4100-10
    Slightly different gravity rise stand I believe , and a 24 tooth blade ,
    One of the difference I know is that that red pull tabs that ables you to slide the table out for deeper cuts used to have a pop up red block on the table top , when you didn’t push back down on the pull tabs , your work piece would not sit flush on the table top , I’m not sure why they removed that , also , my opinion , I find the quality is slightly better on the older model , just feels slightly better , maybe it’s to reduce weight ,
    Regardless it’s a impressive table saw ,
    As for stairs , I’ve pulled it over lumber and a sidewalk step , it’s okay , like you mentioned , going up a landing or two , not bad , but to go up a flight of stairs to a second story , I don’t think it would be the best , I believe that skilsaw model with the bigger bicycle style wheels would be better ,

@Miamicuse

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yeah , on the list they show the previous 4100-09

Which came with the 40 tooth blade , and black wrapped around the handle where I’m pointing to on the bar

They sent me the newer version 4100-10

Slightly different gravity rise stand I believe , and a 24 tooth blade ,

One of the difference I know is that that red pull tabs that ables you to slide the table out for deeper cuts used to have a pop up red block on the table top , when you didn’t push back down on the pull tabs , your work piece would not sit flush on the table top , I’m not sure why they removed that , also , my opinion , I find the quality is slightly better on the older model , just feels slightly better , maybe it’s to reduce weight ,

Regardless it’s a impressive table saw ,

As for stairs , I’ve pulled it over lumber and a sidewalk step , it’s okay , like you mentioned , going up a landing or two , not bad , but to go up a flight of stairs to a second story , I don’t think it would be the best , I believe that skilsaw model with the bigger bicycle style wheels would be better ,

@Miamicuse

That’s great info Brian, that answers quite a few questions I had. I am still 50/50 though LOL. The older version is of higher quality? Did they drop or raise the price LOL!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.220 seconds