dcsimg

What are the differences between the Bosch 4100 & GTS 1031 ?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

but I think he’s got that fancy festool router table for his MFT. I REALLY like my 4100 but if I was using a track saw all I would use it for is smaller repetitive rips where I think a tracks saw would be a PITA. What features are missing on the smaller table?

The 4100-09 is big but portable. It requires an outfeed table for full sheet goods. (well anything over 1/4″)

If I remember right it only has 18″ cut capacity and the 4100 has 25″, That right there was a biggy for me since I don’t have a track saw. I think there is a slight diff in the fence too, I did my homework on the two about a year ago so I don’t remember all of it but there was enough to ask Aaron to add the 4100 to the list…And he very kindly did

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That makes sense. If this was my only saw I would go for the bigger one as well. It’s the track saw that swings the vote. I’m glad I have the bigger one but I don’t have the track saw yet.

That little guy is so nice and compact. On OA table it would be sweet. Or on the end of an mft (would it hold it) ?? Maybe not as the mft isn’t that sturdy IMO

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Having the track saw the GTS1031 is really pretty much exactly what I need, nice and small, and I don’t mind the rip capacity now that I use the track saw to break everything down. The biggest nice thing is being able to store it on its side under the bench and it does take almost no setup time. That being said the one thing I do miss is the soft start – the thing bucks like a steer when you first turn it on.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

It does start up kind of harsh but nothing terrible lol.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It does start up kind of harsh

I wonder why it starts up kinda of harsh?

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

It doesn’t have soft start like the 4100..

Doesn’t the 1031 spin at a higher RPM than most 10″ saws?

--Steve

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

It does start up kind of harsh

I wonder why it starts up kinda of harsh?

Seems to kick on at full blast almost lol.

Would there be any reason (or simple way) to modify the saw so that it had a little bit of a softer start? Would something like this be able to handle the job?

http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html

John S

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Would there be any reason (or simple way) to modify the saw so that it had a little bit of a softer start? Would something like this be able to handle the job?

http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html

Don’t know why you would worry about soft start John. Not really that big of a deal.
    My biggest concern would be the table size for home use. Not as much table before the blade.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Don’t know why you would worry about soft start John. Not really that big of a deal.

Fair enough 🙂

My biggest concern would be the table size for home use. Not as much table before the blade.

In my case, I would hope to set it up the same height as my workbench and/or make an infeed/outfeed table.

John S

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

In my case, I would hope to set it up the same height as my workbench and/or make an infeed/outfeed table.

Kinda defeating the reason of getting a smaller saw. Tables are gonna take up more room than a bigger saw would.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Kinda defeating the reason of getting a smaller saw. Tables are gonna take up more room than a bigger saw would.

Hmmm. True. I guess my workbench (adjustable height) and an mft3 would work for the infeed and out feed should I need it to, but I won’t be using the saw for super big stuff anyways. Oh well, I can figure it out when the time arises.

John S

Doobie

I’ve been looking for info on the differences between these two Bosch Table Saws and Google pulled up this thread. Go figure.

Good information on it in this thread, and for me I think I will go down to Lowes to take a physical look and assessment on both of them there before I pull the trigger and redeem points towards either. Still got a long ways to go on that front though.

My use would basically be to use in the backyard for a host of major projects I’m working on over the next few years. I already have a Unisaw in my shop/garage, so it would be nice to have something nearby rather than walk back and forth on my property for when I would want to use a TS.

I wouldn’t hardly ever be using it for cutting sheets down as I have a track saw and a Walko workbench for that. Dadoing is not necessary either so the smaller 1031 is definitely a candidate in that respect.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*OLD THREAD WARNING*

I am trying to decide between these two portable saws.

Anyone redeemed for one and have regrets wishing he/she redeemed for the other?

The GTA500 stand sure looks compact and light, but no wheels.

@doobie
    did you ever decide which one to redeem for? What about your Makita self propelled wheel barrow, can that be used as a table saw stand that moves easier than the gravity rise stand?

*OLD THREAD WARNING*

I am trying to decide between these two portable saws.

Anyone redeemed for one and have regrets wishing he/she redeemed for the other?

@doobie
    did you ever decide which one to redeem for? What about your Makita self propelled wheel barrow, can that be used as a table saw stand that moves easier than the gravity rise stand?

I have the 4100 with the gravity rise stand , I’m loving it so far , I most probably could have used the smaller portable one instead , but really am liking it so far
    Good luck with your decision , if you need any more information , just shoot us any questions ,
    I have been using it both ways , hooked up to the dust extractor , and without , pretty big difference in cutting down on the dust ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have the 4100 with the gravity rise stand , I’m loving it so far , I most probably could have used the smaller portable one instead , but really am liking it so far
    Good luck with your decision , if you need any more information , just shoot us any questions ,
    I have been using it both ways , hooked up to the dust extractor , and without , pretty big difference in cutting down on the dust ,

Thanks Brian, I have been leaning one way on Mon Wed Fri and the other way on Tue Thur, and on weekends I don’t think about it LOL.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have this stand and it is OK for a contractor off and on the site the wheeled stand would be better.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks Brian, I have been leaning one way on Mon Wed Fri and the other way on Tue Thur, and on weekends I don’t think about it LOL.

🤣😂🤣👌 I know what you mean , I know another member Charlie used to post here , he had the smaller table saw and the folding base , he liked it and found it very practical ,

@cmeyer25
    🤷‍♂️

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I Use the 4100 with the gravity rise stand on a regular basis. I really like that saw and it has performed well for me for years. We use it in framing and trim jobs with ease.

I have a couple of smaller saws similar to the 1031, and they are just not as well built or durable. We also use them a lot, but unless you like kneeling on the ground when using them on site, you will want a stand for them also.

The original 4000 table saw had a stand similar the the GTA 500 and it worked well, was easy to move around and did not take up a lot of space. I made a plywood insert that I could set in the stand, to use it as an assembly table also when i did not have a saw on it.

IMO if you use a saw a lot, or for heavier uses like framing and the like, I would go with the 4100. If it is mostly for trim work or minor use the 1031 should be fine.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks guys, questions about the 4100.

I understand the current 4100 is a 4200-10. The one on the redemption list is a 4200-09. What’s different? If you redeem that are you getting the 9 or 10?

If you have the 4100 and use it with the gravity rise stand that rolls around. How easy is it when folded to go up and down a few steps? I am not talking about going from first floor to the second floor or down to the basement, I am talking about some places you might have to take two steps to a landing, then three more to a deck, then another step up inside a staging area. For places with steps do you roll it or do you need to carry it with both hands?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.410 seconds