dcsimg

What Are Aou Saving up For? Version 17

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I noticed some items on the list no longer have active links.

For example the metal hole saws goes no where. Does it mean the items are no longer available for redemption or just they didn’t update it when revising Bosch site?

Some of the links have never gone where they were supposed to, I think it was just an error.

Ahhh OK. Thanks!

Absolutely. I think I noticed that with some of the saw blades a while back and talked to Jim about it. He thanked me for catching it and said he’d work to fix it. But I think that was a constant source of work for him – we even have a thread dedicated to website issues and hoped for fixes/ updates.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I noticed some items on the list no longer have active links.

For example the metal hole saws goes no where. Does it mean the items are no longer available for redemption or just they didn’t update it when revising Bosch site?

Some of the links have never gone where they were supposed to, I think it was just an error.

Ahhh OK. Thanks!

Absolutely. I think I noticed that with some of the saw blades a while back and talked to Jim about it. He thanked me for catching it and said he’d work to fix it. But I think that was a constant source of work for him – we even have a thread dedicated to website issues and hoped for fixes/ updates.

I don’t think anybody at Bosch follows that thread any longer. Used to be Jim and Kevin Entke, but they’re both no longer with Bosch.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have noticed this also.I wasn’t if the items were available anymore.

Well, I tried asking via email if some of the items with missing links are available, or some of the accessories with no set points – such as the grinder accessories have just a low and high point but the link shows a lot of accessories. But no response to my email, so I suggest redeem for something without the need to ask questions would be much less of a hassle.

I do understand what you mean with items with low and high points. I have never requested for any of these items. I know before I was looking at router bits. But there was no set points. I didn’t bother finding out the amount of points for the bit I wanted.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Well, I tried asking via email if some of the items with missing links are available, or some of the accessories with no set points – such as the grinder accessories have just a low and high point but the link shows a lot of accessories. But no response to my email, so I suggest redeem for something without the need to ask questions would be much less of a hassle.

I do understand what you mean with items with low and high points. I have never requested for any of these items. I know before I was looking at router bits. But there was no set points. I didn’t bother finding out the amount of points for the bit I wanted.

I don’t bother trying to get accessories where the points value is not listed. It’s hard enough getting the ones that are listed I don’t want to add another layer of difficulty to the person handling it now.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I don’t bother trying to get accessories where the points value is not listed. It’s hard enough getting the ones that are listed I don’t want to add another layer of difficulty to the person handling it now.

Yeah, that was a bit more of a wait even back when Jim was handling it, I wouldn’t push my luck on those things now either.

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It was not a big deal when Jim was hear, now I would not even think about it anymore lol

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It was not a big deal when Jim was hear, now I would not even think about it anymore lol

I did send in an order for a couple of Step Drill bits we’ll see what happens.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good luck with your request. I didn’t know there was step bits on the list. Maybe someday I will put in a request for a step bit.

Greg

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I mean for items which are not really on the list. Jim always made it happen

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

If I have time today, I think I’ll be putting in a request for something, still not a hundred percent sure what I am interested in.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If I have time today, I think I’ll be putting in a request for something, still not a hundred percent sure what I am interested in.

You can tell them whatever they have laying around that they can send quickest would work for you even if it’s the mini chainsaw lol.

You can tell them whatever they have laying around that they can send quickest would work for you even if it’s the mini chainsaw lol.

Boy , someone sounds bitter:|
    Maybe we should open a thread on that particular topic?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Have decided on what you want Brian?

It does sound that way.

Greg

Doobie

I mean for items which are not really on the list. Jim always made it happen

I would think step drills would be considered drill bits. Why wouldn’t they be allowed, although asking for something that the points value are not known for in advance is not ideal nowadays.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Step bits ARE on the list of rewards.

Choose size Titanium-Coated Step Drill Bit 15,500 56,000

The problem is there are many step bits linked and all you have is a low and high point range.

So you have to know the point requirement of the specific bit you are interested in. This is the same with many other accessory items such as masonry bits, hole saws, grinder accessories etc…

I agree to redeem these items now where your request need extra communication could be a cause for further delays.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

No not bitter at all just joking around a bit LOL. I apologize if my post sounded negative. As I have stated I have never redeemed anything from here so it’s not like I have a reason to be bitter at all. I just recently turned in a request for some accessories but I am not counting on them. I think we need to consider “freebies” as “freebies”. Bosch don’t make money off us so it’s probably a low priority item.

No not bitter at all just joking around a bit LOL. I apologize if my post sounded negative. As I have stated I have never redeemed anything from here so it’s not like I have a reason to be bitter at all. I just recently turned in a request for some accessories but I am not counting on them. I think we need to consider “freebies” as “freebies”. Bosch don’t make money off us so it’s probably a low priority item.

Haha, yeah I know what you mean,

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s true to some degree I guess, but the reason this forum exists is because it HAS made sense to Bosch’s bottom line. Of all the big, established tool companies out there, they are the ones struggling the most to have a social media presence and develope and push new tools and they have also been consistently pushed out of the big box stores by other brands being willing to pay more for the shelf space. This is an avenue for them to get more recognition, so the cost of the free tools and the amount of points each item is worth has almost definitely been calculated against how much it is worth to have us all taking about their tools, posting pictures of their tools, encouraging others to use their tools, the higher search traffic our content generates online and having them out there in our real lives for other contractors/ DIYers/ friend’s/ family etc seeing us using them. This isn’t something a large company is doing solely for the purpose of just giving away their tools. So I think it’s definitely ok to expect at least open communication when we have all been operating on a set of agreed on assumptions and rules now that those have possibly all changed.

As much as this is a great resource and space for all of us, don’t discount how much we offer to Bosch by our participation. Facebook is a billion dollar company because of its users, and this forum operates on similar principles even if the scope of its advertising is more limited and the user base is much smaller.

Charlie

Instagram

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

the reason this forum exists is because it HAS made sense to Bosch’s bottom line. Of all the big, established tool companies out there, they are the ones struggling the most to have a social media presence and develope and push new tools

This is such a good post. Getting product in front of people and creating excitement is the new business model. I would say the core (no pun intended) of Bosch fans are right here on this forum. Not something to be dismissed.

Speaking for myself, and my little You Tube channel, I am getting close to 1000 subscribers. My videos are watched hundreds of times a day by people interested in wood working, and a lot of them show a Bosch tool being used. You just cannot buy targeted advertising so easily like that today.

There are plenty of channels that use other brands, some of them are sponsored by brands, because the companies know how important product placement is on social media these days.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s true to some degree I guess, but the reason this forum exists is because it HAS made sense to Bosch’s bottom line. Of all the big, established tool companies out there, they are the ones struggling the most to have a social media presence and develope and push new tools and they have also been consistently pushed out of the big box stores by other brands being willing to pay more for the shelf space. This is an avenue for them to get more recognition, so the cost of the free tools and the amount of points each item is worth has almost definitely been calculated against how much it is worth to have us all taking about their tools, posting pictures of their tools, encouraging others to use their tools, the higher search traffic our content generates online and having them out there in our real lives for other contractors/ DIYers/ friend’s/ family etc seeing us using them. This isn’t something a large company is doing solely for the purpose of just giving away their tools. So I think it’s definitely ok to expect at least open communication when we have all been operating on a set of agreed on assumptions and rules now that those have possibly all changed.

As much as this is a great resource and space for all of us, don’t discount how much we offer to Bosch by our participation. Facebook is a billion dollar company because of its users, and this forum operates on similar principles even if the scope of its advertising is more limited and the user base is much smaller.

You could be right. Honestly I didn’t know much about Bosch tools until I became a member of this fourm.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,002 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.647 seconds