dcsimg

What Are Aou Saving up For? Version 17

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

Thanks! It sounds like I will like it from what you guys here on BTP say.

I would love to have the PB360. I would love to have it for a shop radio. But for my needs right now I will stick with PB180.

To add my 2 cents worth – I have each radio. The PB360 just sits put away. I always go to the PB180. It is so portable, gets good radio reception, and has good sound. My hearing no longer qualifies me as an audiophile so the better sound of the PB360 does not matter.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Your 2 cents is welcomed Lon. What you say makes sense. I like the idea of the PB180 being more portable is really what I am looking for. For me right now the PB180 is the best choice. I have nothing against PB360 as just suit my needs right now.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I would love to have the PB360. I would love to have it for a shop radio. But for my needs right now I will stick with PB180.

To add my 2 cents worth – I have each radio. The PB360 just sits put away. I always go to the PB180. It is so portable, gets good radio reception, and has good sound. My hearing no longer qualifies me as an audiophile so the better sound of the PB360 does not matter.

That’s good to know from someone who has both. I keep thinking about the 360, and it seems like such a “better” tool, but if the 180 sounds just as good (or close enough) But is only 1/10 of the weight, that’s going to make a big differences how much it would actually get used. At least that would be true for me. Thanks for the perspective Lon.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

That’s good to know from someone who has both. I keep thinking about the 360, and it seems like such a “better” tool, but if the 180 sounds just as good (or close enough) But is only 1/10 of the weight, that’s going to make a big differences how much it would actually get used. At least that would be true for me. Thanks for the perspective Lon.

Ya, thanks Lon.

Anybody know how the PB180 compares to the Makita radios?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But is only 1/10 of the weight, that’s going to make a big differences how much it would actually get used.

The PB360 is a fantastic radio but the weight after a while well you just get tired of lugging it around. The PB180 is a better mobile choice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can say, yesterday, I was inside the house getting some cold drinks, Windows were closed and the a/c running, I was pumping out the PB360C, I think I had it around 17 man that thing is clear, and the sound that comes out is great,

Man you had the party going on. Can’t say that I have ever had mine that loud. lol

Haha yeah, it’s sweet, good thing I was inside, my wife and sister heard the thumping outside from the sub woofer lol

The other thing I like about the PB360C, when I used it on site at the barn build, it’s a great seat, and you can also stand on it for the little extra height, don’t think that would work with the PB180 lol
    Very happy I have both models to choose from.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

From everything I have seen the Makita radios have good reception.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I was actually thinking of the sound quality, but you bring up an even more valid point as I find that my PB360 is kinda spotty on radio reception.

Insofar as the sound quality, I could just buy a Makita at HD and simply return it if I don’t like it. I was actually lookin at one last nite there, but I need to investigate further if it is the model I want. Not sure if it was BT capable or not.

I find the PB360 is on pretty much all day, kind of there in the background. Definitely nice to have.

I’m thinking the cordless 4 1/2″ grinder package is looking very good right now. I could use another grinder and the Core battery is a bonus.

Nice choice for the grinder Peter, and the core is nice to. I forgot, did you take the 18 volt circular saw with the core battery last time? Or will this be the first core battery.
    I know I definitely would like more core battery packs.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I find the PB360 is on pretty much all day, kind of there in the background. Definitely nice to have.

I’m thinking the cordless 4 1/2″ grinder package is looking very good right now. I could use another grinder and the Core battery is a bonus.

Nice choice for the grinder Peter, and the core is nice to. I forgot, did you take the 18 volt circular saw with the core battery last time? Or will this be the first core battery.

I do have the saw with the Core. I use it as well with the 18v jiggy. You’re right, more Core packs will be very nice.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I do have the saw with the Core. I use it as well with the 18v jiggy. You’re right, more Core packs will be very nice.

I agree more Core packs would be nice forsure.

I was actually thinking of the sound quality, but you bring up an even more valid point as I find that my PB360 is kinda spotty on radio reception.

Insofar as the sound quality, I could just buy a Makita at HD and simply return it if I don’t like it. I was actually lookin at one last nite there, but I need to investigate further if it is the model I want. Not sure if it was BT capable or not.

It is nice to have good radio reception. Mine you where I live reception can be spotty.

I am getting closer everyday too getting the PB180. I hope I get it time for camping. As we are book too go now. Still waiting for the 18V Blower. I still have all my points too.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Still waiting for the 18V Blower. I still have all my points too.

It’ll be 3 weeks tomorrow morning I sent in for my 14 gal vac. Still nothing yet. I’m not in a hurry myself though.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

It’ll be 3 weeks tomorrow morning I sent in for my 14 gal vac. Still nothing yet. I’m not in a hurry myself though.

It’s been 3 weeks since they told me they would be processing my order and sending it out next Wednesday. Points are still there.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I just redeemed for the 18v Floodlight and it came in a week. Maybe the blower is on backorder.

I think it’s about a week for me also, no big hurry mind you.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Things are definitely slow to be shipped out or even notification of somebody actually seeing the redemption and processing it.
    I do know rerun has been waiting to hear something on a redemption from back on April 6th. He received a couple emails and still nothing about it being shipped.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I keep looking but nothing big pops out. I may get some smalls. Routers accessories and such.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I keep looking but nothing big pops out. I may get some smalls. Routers accessories and such.

That’s a nice place to be – just storing up points hoping for something new to hit. There’s always consumables like blades, bits and batteries to grab too. Also work clothes.

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I could use some starlock OMT blades…points are there but I also want to see some new stuff on the list lol

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I could use some starlock OMT blades…points are there but I also want to see some new stuff on the list lol

I keep hoping that they will put the new 12V tools on the list. Time will tell.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,002 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.021 seconds