dcsimg

What Are Aou Saving up For? Version 17

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/corded-drills-1006vsr-34780-p/
    Decided to redeem my points for this today. Figured I’d build points too slowly with my posting rate so I decided to redeem for a new tool within my range. I’m confident I’ll be happy to own this tool and look forward to thinking about BTP when using it from time to time.

Good old faithful. Always nice to have a corded drill around for somethings, especially when your batteries are tied up elsewhere. And between you and me (and Kevin @doobie, lol) you know you can never have too many drills! Congrats!

Now I need to buy myself a decent extension cord that hasn’t been spindle twisted every which way by the fake-it-till-you-make-it cannon fodder types. I feel like most of the frustration in using cords is dealing with the twist in them.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Decided to redeem my points for this today. Figured I’d build points too slowly with my posting rate so I decided to redeem for a new tool within my range. I’m confident I’ll be happy to own this tool and look forward to thinking about BTP when using it from time to time.

Good old faithful. Always nice to have a corded drill around for somethings, especially when your batteries are tied up elsewhere. And between you and me (and Kevin @doobie, lol) you know you can never have too many drills! Congrats!

Now I need to buy myself a decent extension cord that hasn’t been spindle twisted every which way by the fake-it-till-you-make-it cannon fodder types. I feel like most of the frustration in using cords is dealing with the twist in them.

Isn’t that the truth. It’s funny, but putting a cord away almost needs to be made into a training exercise.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Isn’t that the truth. It’s funny, but putting a cord away almost needs to be made into a training exercise.

I struggle with this. If I am in a hurry I don’t extension cords away properly.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I decided I am saving for PB180 compact radio. I like the size. I wish it was Bluetooth. But it is not deal breaker. I could have used yesterday for sure. One of the main reason I want it. Is are planning going away camping for a week in August.

Greg

Doobie

I struggle with this. If I am in a hurry I don’t extension cords away properly.

Don’t buy cheap cords. And use those Cable Clamps things. I started using those years ago and they really help with keeping cords from being an exercise in frustration.

Some of my favourite cords are re-headed old paper inner wrapped cords. They just don’t twist around like other cords.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I decided I am saving for PB180 compact radio. I like the size. I wish it was Bluetooth. But it is not deal breaker. I could have used yesterday for sure. One of the main reason I want it. Is are planning going away camping for a week in August.

That’s a great idea. I have looked at both the radios and the little one is so portable – we camp a lot too and I’d love to bring a better speaker for music along, but I think (once I’ve gotten through some other tools I really want) I would go with the big boy just because it can pair to a phone, and being out of cell reception but having music already downloaded would mean the radio would still be usable that way.

But the little one seems perfect for in the shop, or around a small job site.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s a great idea. I have looked at both the radios and the little one is so portable – we camp a lot too and I’d love to bring a better speaker for music along, but I think (once I’ve gotten through some other tools I really want) I would go with the big boy just because it can pair to a phone, and being out of cell reception but having music already downloaded would mean the radio would still be usable that way.

I thought it was great idea too. I agree it would be perfect for the shop or around small jobs. Also for what do around the house. I have alittle Bluetooth adapter so I can pair with my phone.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a nice drill. I’m not sure I would have gone for the one with the tail on the back tho.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The small PB180 is my carry on the site radio. The big PB360 are stationary.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I think it’s a great choice Greg, I actually bought mine over a year ago, it has very good sound, and the runtime with the 4ah battery is awesome,
    Great radio for camping, I think you think would also benefit from the 18 volt lights also, that could be next for you Greg.

I think I might go for the table saw next,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I think it’s a great choice Greg, I actually bought mine over a year ago, it has very good sound, and the runtime with the 4ah battery is awesome,
    Great radio for camping, I think you think would also benefit from the 18 volt lights also, that could be next for you Greg.

I think I might go for the table saw next,

That is good to hear Brian. It is nice to have good sounding radio. Look forward to using for camping. We are planning on going camping more the once this year. So it should get used. I showed it too my daughter and she thought was awesome.
    I think you are right I would benefit from some 18V lights. I was planning on getting one. At that time I had no 18V batteries.

I feel you would like a table saw you must go for it. I believe you have go with you gut feeling.

I keep telling self this all the time. Just like the other day. I was going to buy the bin auger bits. Then I thought it was not a bad deal. So I bought them.

Greg

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I do like the PB360 in the shop. But is a little big to pack on the job site. I need one of the small 180’s.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great decision. you sure will like the PB180 radio.
    It’s my go to radio for the jobsite.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I do like the PB360 in the shop. But is a little big to pack on the job site. I need one of the small 180’s.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. A smaller job site radio would be preferred at times. I’ve also been looking at what Makita offers that is smaller than my PB360s now that I’m on their 18V platform. It’s mostly about sound quality, but I’ve yet to sample listen to any smaller radio options yet.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. A smaller job site radio would be preferred at times. I’ve also been looking at what Makita offers that is smaller than my PB360s now that I’m on their 18V platform. It’s mostly about sound quality, but I’ve yet to sample listen to any smaller radio options yet.

Definitely would be nice to compare, I can say, yesterday, I was inside the house getting some cold drinks, Windows were closed and the a/c running, I was pumping out the PB360C, I think I had it around 17 man that thing is clear, and the sound that comes out is great,
    It definitely is heavy, but you can also see and feel that quality,

And the PB180 is also a great radio,
    Definitely lighter and easier to carry around,

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I find the PB360 is on pretty much all day, kind of there in the background. Definitely nice to have.

I’m thinking the cordless 4 1/2″ grinder package is looking very good right now. I could use another grinder and the Core battery is a bonus.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Definitely would be nice to compare, I can say, yesterday, I was inside the house getting some cold drinks, Windows were closed and the a/c running, I was pumping out the PB360C, I think I had it around 17 man that thing is clear, and the sound that comes out is great,

Your neighbours must ‘luv’ you….lol!

I do that too on occasion.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I decided I am saving for PB180 compact radio.

It is a great radio you’ll like it for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I can say, yesterday, I was inside the house getting some cold drinks, Windows were closed and the a/c running, I was pumping out the PB360C, I think I had it around 17 man that thing is clear, and the sound that comes out is great,

Man you had the party going on. Can’t say that I have ever had mine that loud. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

great decision. you sure will like the PB180 radio.
    It’s my go to radio for the jobsite.

Thanks! It sounds like I will like it from what you guys here on BTP say.

I would love to have the PB360. I would love to have it for a shop radio. But for my needs right now I will stick with PB180.

I decided I am saving for PB180 compact radio.

It is a great radio you’ll like it for sure.

I think I will too. I know my girls will. LOL!!

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,002 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.852 seconds