dcsimg

What Are Aou Saving up For? Version 17

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It’s been four weeks and Wednesdays gone by since my redemption request for the 14 gallon vac, and still nothing. I’m tempted to get a hold of Bosch in Mississauga where our Canadian redemptions are shipped from and simply ask if it is because they don’t have them in stock as why this is not coming out my way yet. Maybe that’s the reason.

Question though, is there a newer version of the 14 gallon auto-clean vac than the one on the prize list? Maybe that’s why. Anybody know?

I’m beginning to think we have been forgotten about. Been three Wednesdays for my latest redemption. And no reply other than the auto one that is sent out.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the PB120 12volt radio.

How is that. Worth getting?

It works fine for a small radio. I have used it a lot. The cord is very lite duty and I replaced it with one I got on the big A.

The cord on the PB180 is fragile too. Maybe I should get an aftermarket one for it.

It’s like the same size cord..
    I redeem for some else but i’m 4 weeks out on one now too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

CB
    Pro

I’ve never redeemed any points before, so I don’t know how it works. I have no idea what the inside language that appears to have developed among the regulars here means. Terms like “ham”?

To be fair, I have not paid much, if any, attention at all to any of these “I got a box” or “what are you saving up for” type of threads during the entire time I’ve been a member here. I just treated this forum like any other construction forum I have participated in, without regard to points.

However, due to a temporary signature of Doobie, who might qualify as the most prolific tool redeemer on this forum, I became aware that the former forum administrator, Jim, was let go from his position at Bosch, and one of the duties of that position appeared to involve the initial processing of the redemption of points for tools.

If Jim is gone, and his position has not been refilled, could that explain the 4 week delay? Especially when more than one person reports the same length of delay in processing? Maybe the next question that should be asked is…

Has anyone initiated and successfully received a redemption during the since Jim was relieved of duty? Not who just received, but anyone who first initiated a redemption since Jim’s parting, and subsequently received the redemption within a processing time period that was consistent with whatever the normal processing period was prior to Jim’s departure?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I’ve never redeemed any points before, so I don’t know how it works. I have no idea what the inside language that appears to have developed among the regulars here means. Terms like “ham”?

To be fair, I have not paid much, if any, attention at all to any of these “I got a box” or “what are you saving up for” type of threads during the entire time I’ve been a member here. I just treated this forum like any other construction forum I have participated in, without regard to points.

However, due to a temporary signature of Doobie, who might qualify as the most prolific tool redeemer on this forum, I became aware that the former forum administrator, Jim, was let go from his position at Bosch, and one of the duties of that position appeared to involve the initial processing of the redemption of points for tools.

If Jim is gone, and his position has not been refilled, could that explain the 4 week delay? Especially when more than one person reports the same length of delay in processing? Maybe the next question that should be asked is…

Has anyone initiated and successfully received a redemption during the since Jim was relieved of duty? Not who just received, but anyone who first initiated a redemption since Jim’s parting, and subsequently received the redemption within a processing time period that was consistent with whatever the normal processing period was prior to Jim’s departure?

Ham refers to “half a million” I don’t post here as much as I used to, but I remember it taking maybe 2-3 weeks from placing the order, to receiving the box. Jim was top notch at handling it, and hopefully that continues with whomever he passed the baton to.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes members have received items since Jim has left and the process has taken a month or more.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well, I just saw the Milwaukee pack out boxes in person for the first time – they’re really nice and super solid feeling! And they cost about the same or less than L-boxxes that I’ve actually seen in store. I have a few l-boxxes, so I’m not looking to make a switch, but if I was just starting out, I would be pretty tempted.

I’m actually thinking of pouncing on some of the Milwaukee boxes any day now with the 2for1 father’s day deal.

As for what I’m saving up for on here, I’m really not sure. Maybe the tile laser? Or lighting or 18v batteries…

Hey nice to see you back Alex, how’s the little one and the wife doing,
    What tile laser are you referring to, you can never have enough batteries.
    I have the 3 18 volt lights on the list, I like all of them, great to have,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

To redeem points for items usually done by a email. It has taken a longer then before. I am just over 3 weeks from my last request. Things are running slower since Jim has left.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I have been keeping a spare l-boxx1, 2 & 3 on hand should I need one. I just put the l-boxx2 to use so it is time to save for another of those.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s been four weeks and Wednesdays gone by since my redemption request for the 14 gallon vac, and still nothing. I’m tempted to get a hold of Bosch in Mississauga where our Canadian redemptions are shipped from and simply ask if it is because they don’t have them in stock as why this is not coming out my way yet. Maybe that’s the reason.

Question though, is there a newer version of the 14 gallon auto-clean vac than the one on the prize list? Maybe that’s why. Anybody know?

kinda sucks to hear about the delay from sorts of people.
    Seems like they still have not figured it out.
    There is not a newer version of the 14gal unit.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

After talking to the Bosch rep today, I’m starting to think about a laser…I’ve been doing a bit more side work and that would be a really useful tool to have. But I don’t know when the GLL3-330 will ever make it onto the list and I really want one that’s on one of the battery platforms and not reliant on AA or AAA disposable batteries.

I also looked at the digital angle finder and the worm drive circular saw. So many good options!

I’ll keep at it for the new recip kit, but I know if I spend much more time looking at the lists, I’ll probably lose my determination and end up getting the DDS183 or the plunge base for my MR23 router (both of which have also been on my list for a while).

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Thanks Alex. Thought with the OSHA rules or whatever things might have changed. I know Festool just had a major vac revamp. Thought it might have been something similar with the Bosch vacs, but the Festool reason would probably be totally unrelated.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am closing in on my points for the 18V compact radio. I should have enough this weekend. Then I have figure out what I want next. It seems kinda weird redeeming points for something else when I have receive my 18V blower which I redeemed my points for also 4 weeks ago. I thought I might have received my Blower this week when my points were taken this Wednesday.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am closing in on my points for the 18V compact radio.

Good choice. You will enjoy it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

But I don’t know when the GLL3-330 will ever make it onto the list and I really want one that’s on one of the battery platforms and not reliant on AA or AAA disposable batteries.

I wouldn’t wait for one to hit the list. I don’t see that happening for quite some time if ever.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

But I don’t know when the GLL3-330 will ever make it onto the list and I really want one that’s on one of the battery platforms and not reliant on AA or AAA disposable batteries.

I wouldn’t wait for one to hit the list. I don’t see that happening for quite some time if ever.

Yeah, I hear that. There are getting to be a few new tools I’d love to see on the list, but you’re right – I’m not holding my breath.

I am closing in on my points for the 18V compact radio. I should have enough this weekend. Then I have figure out what I want next. It seems kinda weird redeeming points for something else when I have receive my 18V blower which I redeemed my points for also 4 weeks ago. I thought I might have received my Blower this week when my points were taken this Wednesday.

Hopefully by the end of next week it’ll be to you.

Charlie

Instagram

Yeah that would be awesome to see some new items hit the list, but I’ll echo what Ron mentioned,
    Not sure what the outcome will be over here.

@GTokley
    good stuff Greg, looking forward to seeing and hearing what you think about that radio.

As for me, still going to be focused on a table saw, I think, or maybe the router table. Not sure just yet,

Doobie

Yeah that would be awesome to see some new items hit the list, but I’ll echo what Ron mentioned,
    Not sure what the outcome will be over here.

I’m pesimistic also about anything new hitting the list for some time. There is no ‘tool’ on the present list that I want. Might just start going for some accesories I may need one day but may in fact never need. I’ve got two SDS-Max items that would be ‘cool’ to have. The 6 inch floor scrapper and the large bushing accesory. They’d be nice hanging up on the wall in my shed at least…lol!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks Alex. Thought with the OSHA rules or whatever things might have changed. I know Festool just had a major vac revamp. Thought it might have been something similar with the Bosch vacs, but the Festool reason would probably be totally unrelated.

Because of the OSHA stuff they removed the semi dust extractor, but I do believe they are still on the market up north right?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Hopefully by the end of next week it’ll be to you.

Yes I thinking maybe I will get it next week.

@gtokley good stuff Greg, looking forward to seeing and hearing what you think about that radio.

As for me, still going to be focused on a table saw, I think, or maybe the router table. Not sure just yet,

I look forward to getting that radio. I will let you know what I think once I get it.

What could use more the table saw or the router table?

Greg

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It sure would be nice to redeem one, but I totally agree on that it won’t hit the list for a decade.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,002 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.856 seconds