dcsimg

What Are Aou Saving up For? Version 17

This topic contains 248 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 249 total)
  • Author

Here is a new link to the old thread:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-saving-up-for-version-16/

Orange County, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Here is a new link to the old thread:

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-saving-up-for-version-16/

Thanks for the new thread,
    Guess I’ll be checking the list out, and trying to figure what next.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I’ve got lots of time to decide what’s next. Waiting to see if the 12v router will hit the list, looking at the 18v grinder/Core kit, another corded router or maybe an 18v blower will become available. So many choices!

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Now I have the 18V Blower on the way. I am not really sure what I want save for. I thought about getting a pair of Blaklader Bantam Work Shorts,or 18V Compact Jobsite Radio for camping and for yardwork and too use in the shop. I also thought about getting 12V Lithium-Ion Pocket Reciprocating Saw. Also I keep my eye anything new hitting the list.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Also I keep my eye anything new hitting the list.

Haven’t seen any changes to the prize list offerings since Jim left. I’ve wondered if we ever will.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Haven’t seen any changes to the prize list offerings since Jim left. I’ve wondered if we ever will.

This is a good question. I hope we do. It might take awhile. Your right I haven’t seen any changes since Jim left.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Now I have the 18V Blower on the way. I am not really sure what I want save for. I thought about getting a pair of Blaklader Bantam Work Shorts,or 18V Compact Jobsite Radio for camping and for yardwork and too use in the shop. I also thought about getting 12V Lithium-Ion Pocket Reciprocating Saw. Also I keep my eye anything new hitting the list.

Having just got the blower, I can safely say I think you’ll be surprised by how great it is. It’s really small, but it has a lot of power!

I have gone through the list a few times over the past year and put down all the things I think I want and then organized them in order. Hopefully, by the end of next year I should have everything I’ve labeled as a “need to get” lol, but by then hopeful there’ll be more added to the list!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Haha, multiple ones, what are you a tool collection person too lol,
    So if you would say, what is the most different thing aside from the size of vacuum capacity, what is the most beneficial aspects of each vacuum? From the 9 and 14,

tool collector as well haha
    Not much of a huge difference, only the upgraded casters and the extra handle on the 14gal unit.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This is a good question. I hope we do. It might take awhile. Your right I haven’t seen any changes since Jim left.

The BTP ship seems to be sailing with a Skeleton Crew right now.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Clev08
    Pro

I’m hoping the new cordless router hits the list, I really like the asymmetrical base for edge treatments, but I’m still planning on getting a line laser first.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I hadn’t thought about using one of the radios for camping – I like that idea. Can the big one be battery powered? I haven’t looked at it in a while.

Charlie

Instagram

Clev08
    Pro

I hadn’t thought about using one of the radios for camping – I like that idea. Can the big one be battery powered? I haven’t looked at it in a while.

Yes, they can run on either the 18V or 14.4V barreries

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Yes, they can run on either the 18V or 14.4V barreries

Oh that’s great, I would love to have that for beach days and camping…hmm, might have to bump it up the list a bit! I know lots of people here have and love them.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m hoping the new cordless router hits the list,

That and the planer would be really nice. Time will tell.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Having just got the blower, I can safely say I think you’ll be surprised by how great it is. It’s really small, but it has a lot of power!

I have gone through the list a few times over the past year and put down all the things I think I want and then organized them in order. Hopefully, by the end of next year I should have everything I’ve labeled as a “need to get” lol, but by then hopeful there’ll be more added to the list!

The upright handle is pretty well the primary reason I want the 14 gallon vac versus the 9 gallon. Although if I’m not mistaken, the 14 gallon has a better hose storage set up than the 9 gallon as well. EDIT: I went and looked at them both after posting that, and they have identical hose storage. END EDIT.

I also figure with the buttons up higher, especially the one to deactivate the A/C function which I think I’ll be reaching for often, is another plus for me with the 14 gallon model with needing to have to bend over to reach for. Bending over and crouching activities are real killers for me sometimes if doing them too much over the course of a work day. My whole shop set up and job worksites will be such as to avoid that as much as possible. It’s an ‘Achilles Heel’ of sorts for me.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

I told you that I got the email last week saying that my order was being processed, but the points still have not come off. They said Wednesday and it didn’t happen last week, so waiting for this Wednesday again to see what happens. By the time I get the boxes, I think I will be able to redeem again…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I look forward to getting it. I am sure I will be impressed with it.

As much as I would like the bigger radio. I will stick with compact one.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

I need a radio ASAP on the roof with me!
    Targeting the PB360C

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Targeting the PB360C

That puppy is heavy for luggin up on a roof job. Might want to go with one of the smaller radios.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Targeting the PB360C

Good choice if you’re spending some time on the roof. It’s not exactly portable if you move around a lot.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 249 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.999 seconds