dcsimg

What about this little 18V Bosch vac?

This topic contains 68 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  CB 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

In fact I’m now trying to sell all my Ridgid crap now.

Wow never thought I’s see the day when Dirty got rid of all of his RIDGID stuff. What happened?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Kevin, next time you stop into HD take a look at the Milwaukee 18V 2 gallon vac.

Wow i like the way it all packs up. Nice.

Sorry, I don’t buy Milwaukee any longer. I don’t even look at what they offer nowadays.

Why so Kevin? any bad experience ?

Yes. I still have one of their drills, but all other ones I owned over the years have all had issues or died prematurely.

Even a tape measure of theirs I bought is an ill conceived POS. The base is too rounded and falls over if you fart.

Their Inkzalls markers are OK and seem to last, but so do Sharpies.

I know the last couple of days I have been using some of the Milwaukee 12 volt and the 18 volt tools.
    The 12 volts feel and sounds kinda cheap compared to my Bosch
    The 18 volts are not as bad , but still just don’t have the quality feel of the Bosch.

Doobie
    Pro

Kevin, next time you stop into HD take a look at the Milwaukee 18V 2 gallon vac.

Wow i like the way it all packs up. Nice.

Sorry, I don’t buy Milwaukee any longer. I don’t even look at what they offer nowadays.

Why so Kevin? any bad experience ?

Yes. I still have one of their drills, but all other ones I owned over the years have all had issues or died prematurely.

Even a tape measure of theirs I bought is an ill conceived POS. The base is too rounded and falls over if you fart.

I know the last couple of days I have been using some of the Milwaukee 12 volt and the 18 volt tools.
    The 12 volts feel and sounds kinda cheap compared to my Bosch
    The 18 volts are not as bad , but still just don’t have the quality feel of the Bosch.

I trust Bosch’s quality. Milaukee, not at all any longer.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

In fact I’m now trying to sell all my Ridgid crap now.

Wow never thought I’s see the day when Dirty got rid of all of his RIDGID stuff. What happened?

Just sick and tired of supporting china and chinese companies. America first and if not America at least a ally of the United States Of America.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

CB
    Pro

Wow… I found Inkzalls to be horrible. I fell for the clever name and the “ink in your face” end cap merchandising display, plus the gold color that contrasts against dark backrounds (like felt paper) that is yet an alternative from silver (so that I can have two different color marks, if I make a revised measurement mark and want to not be confused by the original mark).

Within a week, I threw all the Inkzalls back in the returns pile. Within a few months, I realized that I never got around to returning the returns pile, so they all went into the garbage bin. Utterly useless markers that never write when needed. It was as if I picked them up at Harbor Freight.

As much as I admire the mind bending marketing (come on, who comes up with calling the longest stick out tape measure a “STUD”), the energetic innovation, the competitive moxy, and the MIT education behind the ever expanding offerings of Milwaukee tools… I do question the projected longevity and build quality of them now.

I wonder how many charge/discharge cycles their new HD 12ah and 9ah batteries will endure over time. The ink in their pens sure didn’t last that long.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The ink in their pens sure didn’t last that long.

Try the OCTANE FUEL INKZALL in 2019.

CB
    Pro

LOL, Miamicuse!

Hate to admit this, but I actually googled “Octane Fuel Inkzall” just to make sure you were shipping me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=octane+fuel+inkzall&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&gws_rd=ssl

No relevant hits, but the mere possibility shows how “normal” Milwaukee’s overblown and over the top marketing is.

Since the coming of age of youtube, and the ad revenue it brings to everyday people, a new class of tool users has developed… the ITG.

The Internet Tool Guy. Some call themselves Guyds. Some are gals too.

Anyway, these ITGs are courted by the tool manufacturers more benevolently than the workaday tradesmen who actually use the tools to do work, because the ITG’s have an audience. They have subscribers. They have hits. The only hits that the workaday tradesmen have are the dings in the back of their pickups.

So Milwaukee invites these ITG’s to Milwaukee’s campus every year for a new tool demo, where well spoken, college educated, high energy Milwaukee tool reps all dressed in red, whose skinny arms and soft skinned hands betray the fact that their fingers have picked up up more granola bar crumbs off of their keyboard than nails spilled from their pouches… pit Milwaukee’s offerings against the competitors.

I didn’t know any of this until yesterday. But reading the take away impressions from even these ITG’s, whose internet careers depend on remaining in Milwaukee’s good graces in order for them to receive the steady and free influx of the latest tools from Milwaukee so they can make videos that are fresh, relevant, and sustain their subscriber base… even these bedfellows of Milwaukee’s social media marketing… openly question the hype.

I thought that was interesting. And I’ll try not to fall for the XC HO HD HC Red Lithium Stud Fuel carpenter’s pencil when it comes out Q1.

Doobie
    Pro

Wow… I found Inkzalls to be horrible. …… The ink in their pens sure didn’t last that long.

Maybe I just got lucky with a 3 pack of them I got two years ago or so. They all still work, but I mostly still use either carpenter or HB pencils depending on what I’m doing. But those Inkzalls have worked fine despite my dislike of Milwaukee stuff generally. I didn’t pay for the Inkzalls anyways. They were a promo freebie at a retailers tent sale that got thrown in for free.

CB
    Pro

There seems to be no end to the many ways you manage to get tools for free.

I bought an 18v battery vac (Porter Cable, so they call it a “20V”). After turning on the switch, I literally have to swat the thing to get it going without it making a blood curling scream type of noise.

It sucks, in a couple of ways, neither being so good.

The cordless vac concept has proven to be more useful than I expected though, so I’m now considering a cordless HEPA vac from Makita. Probably the dual voltage model with AWS.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.370 seconds