dcsimg

What about this little 18V Bosch vac?

• This topic has 68 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by CB.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Are Bosch vac hose proprietary or are they pretty much play well with standard hose and accessories?

The tool end, yes. But the vac end has a nub that allows it to twist interlock onto the Bosch vacs which makes the hoses non-compatible with other vac brands.

So other brand hoses that do not have that nub will be able to slide into a Bosch vac but not interlock? So can one use duct tape to compensate for that interlocking LOL?

You don’t really need to. I’ve use my Festool hoses on the Bosch vac also. The fit is snug enough just twisting it in a bit.

OK that works. I have a lot of other brand hoses and accessories around I don’t even try to differentiate which hose came with which vac anymore. Would be convenient if it can mix and match somewhat at least.

My gas blower’s tubes are interlocking. Yet if I just interlock them and walk around blowing leaves off the roof or driveway, it will come apart even with the interlocking, as the blower blows it slowly ease the interlock nub back out. I had to duct tape on top to get it to stay.

Doobie

Are Bosch vac hose proprietary or are they pretty much play well with standard hose and accessories?

The tool end, yes. But the vac end has a nub that allows it to twist interlock onto the Bosch vacs which makes the hoses non-compatible with other vac brands.

So other brand hoses that do not have that nub will be able to slide into a Bosch vac but not interlock? So can one use duct tape to compensate for that interlocking LOL?

You don’t really need to. I’ve use my Festool hoses on the Bosch vac also. The fit is snug enough just twisting it in a bit.

OK that works. I have a lot of other brand hoses and accessories around I don’t even try to differentiate which hose came with which vac anymore. Would be convenient if it can mix and match somewhat at least.

I don’t think this applies to ShopVac hoses. I can’t say for sure, but the only shopvac hose end I have is a Sears Craftsman and it has a weird proprieter coupling end to the vac from their hoses. I don’t think I have any standard other brand shopvac hoses.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Online shopping sucks out here. The rates just keep going up and more and more stop shipping out here.

Give us an idea of what I think is likely the ‘crazy’ shipping rates Dirty. Just curious.

How’s Amazon on it @dirtywhiteboy? I would think they’d be the most friendliest when it comes to that.

Amazon ships for free. but ToolNut just dropped us from free shipping. I don’t ask for the rates. I just as soon buy local.

I find that is the same for the majority of Canada: Free for Continental US, 100 miles across an imaginary line and its $30 more …

imaginary line ??? Are you talking about our boarder?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see the Bosch little 18V Bosch vac is selling at my local WoodCraft for 129$

Dirty

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It’s $99 on Amazon I think.

The boxy M18 has a real nice hose. Right now at HD is 149 with a 5ah battery and charger.

Doobie

You thinking of grabbin’ it? Mine’s arriving Tuesday/tomorrow from Amazon. Looking forward to this unit. If it didn’t do wet, not so sure I’d be getting it. Being cordless is nice, but that wet ability is a nice plus.

Doobie

I have this unit since last year. I received it from Bosch as a test model.
    Overall a good unit, but a few things to complain about.

Like what Alex?

the hose is garbage, no base with casters

I think I know what you mean now about maybe it having casters as it is a lot bigger than I had thought now that I received mine today.

But insofar as the hose, I’m also seeing now the actual type of hose is the same rubbery type that came with my Festool CT36 Auto-Clean extractor which is exclusive to that Festool model and is in fact more expensive than its anti-static counterpart that comes with their other vacs. Festool describes it as an ‘anti-kink’ hose. I find it also stands up better to being stepped on.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Kevin, next time you stop into HD take a look at the Milwaukee 18V 2 gallon vac.

This is the one I am debating on getting vs the one you just got. I would be interested in your opinion on the hose of the Milwaukee vs the Bosch one. I think the Milwaukee hose is really nice and it coils nicely and extends quite a bit. I am curious how the 2 hoses compare.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

But insofar as the hose, I’m also seeing now the actual type of hose is the same rubbery type that came with my Festool CT36 Auto-Clean extractor which is exclusive to that Festool model and is in fact more expensive than its anti-static counterpart that comes with their other vacs. Festool describes it as an ‘anti-kink’ hose. I find it also stands up better to being stepped on.

I don’t own any festool stuff/vacs so I have no clue about that, but I am not a fan of that hose. always leaves a residue on my hands when I grab it, on certain materials and saw dust/dust sticks to it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Are you talking about our boarder?

I think he is talking about the border.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kevin, next time you stop into HD take a look at the Milwaukee 18V 2 gallon vac.

Wow i like the way it all packs up. Nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Sorry, I don’t buy Milwaukee any longer. I don’t even look at what they offer nowadays.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I don’t think this applies to ShopVac hoses. I can’t say for sure, but the only shopvac hose end I have is a Sears Craftsman and it has a weird proprieter coupling end to the vac from their hoses. I don’t think I have any standard other brand shopvac hoses.

I must have had vac ends from Craftsman, Ridgid, and two other brands and they are all interchangeable. Some hoses are bigger some smaller but that’s just a step up/down and I have a size adapter that takes care of that. I haven’t run into a shop vac nozzle or tube that doesn’t fit right into what I have. For this reason I have five or six of all of these tubes, extenders, crevice nozzle, brushes etc…and they are all different lengths and brands but I just grab randomly the one I need for any vac and they fit together. May be I have been extremely lucky and never bought a non-standard one.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

This is the one I am debating on getting vs the one you just got. I would be interested in your opinion on the hose of the Milwaukee vs the Bosch one. I think the Milwaukee hose is really nice and it coils nicely and extends quite a bit. I am curious how the 2 hoses compare.

I am pretty sure Austin could say something about this M18 vacuum.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You thinking of grabbin’ it?

No,, I have too many vacs right now!

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Are you talking about our boarder?

I think he is talking about the border.

Well on the south it’s our boarder. I don’t know who’s it is on the north.

Dirty

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Sorry, I don’t buy Milwaukee any longer. I don’t even look at what they offer nowadays.

Why so Kevin? any bad experience ?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Milwaukee being owned by TTI and chinese company is enough for me to never buy a Milwaukee tool. In fact I’m now trying to sell all my Ridgid crap now.

Dirty

Doobie

Yes. I still have one of their drills, but all other ones I owned over the years have all had issues or died prematurely.

Even a tape measure of theirs I bought is an ill conceived POS. The base is too rounded and falls over if you fart.

Their Inkzalls markers are OK and seem to last, but so do Sharpies.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Yes. I still have one of their drills, but all other ones I owned over the years have all had issues or died prematurely.

Even a tape measure of theirs I bought is an ill conceived POS. The base is too rounded and falls over if you fart.

Their Inkzalls markers are OK and seem to last, but so do Sharpies.

yeah makes sense. I am not happy with the tape measures either

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.385 seconds