dcsimg

Well Im locked into bosch cordless now

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Local store was having their tool days sale and I was all set to come home with Milwaukee cordless 18v. Stopped by the Bosch booth to look at the metal saw and got started talking to the Bosch reps. Explaining that the deals milwaukee was having were too good to pass on they decided to keep me a happy bosch customer. Much Kudos to Steve and his partner for keeping me in the bosch family.

So here is the stuff i picked up today.

CAG180BL 18v cordless grinder bare tool “they had to order”
    CSM180-01 18v Metal saw kit
    IDH182WC-102 18v Wireless charging brushless socket ready impact kit
    Bat612 18v 2.0 slim pack battery

Attachments:

Let us know how you like the wireless charging station. I am really curious to hear feedback about how it performs in real life, whether it adds any convenience.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I will be watching to see how you like the wireless charging station.

@crotalusco dude! Your going to love that wireless IDH182. I have it, have two wireless charging stations and it is awesome! I think it was Brad that suggested being able to hang the multi tool right from the charger while charging and it is awesome. I’ve got 2 of the wireless 2.0 batteries and a 4.0 regular lithium. Aweome stuff sir! The impact is the bees knees.

Jummul
    Pro

Nice! What made you change your mind?

I’m curious about the metal saw! We don’t have anything like that here in EU.

I didnt realize the metal saw was already available – sweet!

Did you already have a project you needed it for @crotalusco or was this just a “why not” purchase? 🙂

John S

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Well I have been using ryobi 18v for some time. Some of their tools are amazing some are crap. Being a union carpenter the employer provides the power tools “exceptions to be explained later” So for most side jobs or house work the ryobi has done the job, or i broke out the corded.

Ive been debating an upgrade in the 18v line for a couple of years getting some bosch 12v in the mean time. Last fall I was pretty set on milwaukee as some here will tell you. This was due to the lack of offerings from bosch, mainly the metal saw. A couple years ago I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis. Being a steel stud carpenter there are days when the pain in my hands is too much to cut even 20g with snips. Ive decided I had to have the metal saw for those days to stay productive and miss less days or worse yet get fired.

So the announcement of the metal saw and drywall gun was huge in my eyes and really put bosch back in the running. To make this short The price was originally better on the milwaukee though today Steve “Bosch rep” closed that distance for me. At this point the deciding factor was reputation and warranty. On paper Milwaukee had a better warranty, though with recent dealings with bosch customer service I KNOW how bosch handles issues and Milwaukee is still an unknown for me. So because of Bosch’s willingness to go above and beyond to back up their tools and the fact they stepped up to keep me a bosch user thats the way i went.

PS. since we burned up 3 NEW makitas in a month and a half that have still not made it back from repair they were out of the running.

On the company providing. They have to provide a tool but some provide corded and some cordless. I used my ryobi at times when a cordless was not provided as it was just better for me. In the case of the cordless metal saw none of them would provide that and for my health issues I figure its worth the cost to provide my own.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Did you already have a project you needed it for @crotalusco or was this just a “why not” purchase? :)

I will take it to work. Oh and trust me that is where we will find out if its up to the task. If it can work for me, it will work for anyone

Jummul
    Pro

Did you already have a project you needed it for @crotalusco or was this just a “why not” purchase? :)

I will take it to work. Oh and trust me that is where we will find out if its up to the task. If it can work for me, it will work for anyone

Let us know!

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Sweet, the wireless should be interesting.

Well I have been using ryobi 18v for some time. Some of their tools are amazing some are crap. Being a union carpenter the employer provides the power tools “exceptions to be explained later” So for most side jobs or house work the ryobi has done the job, or i broke out the corded.

Ive been debating an upgrade in the 18v line for a couple of years getting some bosch 12v in the mean time. Last fall I was pretty set on milwaukee as some here will tell you. This was due to the lack of offerings from bosch, mainly the metal saw. A couple years ago I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis. Being a steel stud carpenter there are days when the pain in my hands is too much to cut even 20g with snips. Ive decided I had to have the metal saw for those days to stay productive and miss less days or worse yet get fired.

So the announcement of the metal saw and drywall gun was huge in my eyes and really put bosch back in the running. To make this short The price was originally better on the milwaukee though today Steve “Bosch rep” closed that distance for me. At this point the deciding factor was reputation and warranty. On paper Milwaukee had a better warranty, though with recent dealings with bosch customer service I KNOW how bosch handles issues and Milwaukee is still an unknown for me. So because of Bosch’s willingness to go above and beyond to back up their tools and the fact they stepped up to keep me a bosch user thats the way i went.

PS. since we burned up 3 NEW makitas in a month and a half that have still not made it back from repair they were out of the running.

On the company providing. They have to provide a tool but some provide corded and some cordless. I used my ryobi at times when a cordless was not provided as it was just better for me. In the case of the cordless metal saw none of them would provide that and for my health issues I figure its worth the cost to provide my own.

Thats sort of shocking to hear about the Makita. I am converting what I can to Bosch, but Makita isn’t a bad tool

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

oh ya i still have an OLD makita impact that somewhat works. There had to be something missed just like the missing screens i dealt with in a bosch last fall. But it surely didnt build confidence. I think the bigger issue is that the impact was sent in for repair 3 weeks ago and still without the tool.

The drills i am pretty sure the guys were forcing rather than letting the tool do the work and they were just sent back last week

Awesome for you with the new Bosch tools . Looking forward to hearing about your thoughts on the new chargeing system .

Always willing to learn .

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

As a loyal Bosch user, I’m happy that you’re sticking with Bosch.

Looking forward to hearing how the saw works out for you! And, I’m interested in hearing more about the wireless charger. They had it on display at the Bosch Pro Tour event I attended, but I didn’t stick around long enough to see it in action.

Pat

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice grab on the Bosch tools.

Nor did I. Wonder what other tools are now available? Like maybe the 12v jigsaw?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is a great pick-up on all the Bosch stuff. Looks like the guys at the booth really helped you out. Can’t wait to hear how the metal cutting saw works out for you.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

As a loyal Bosch user, I’m happy that you’re sticking with Bosch.

Looking forward to hearing how the saw works out for you! And, I’m interested in hearing more about the wireless charger. They had it on display at the Bosch Pro Tour event I attended, but I didn’t stick around long enough to see it in action.

I do think it is neat that it charges on the tool just by setting it down. Some of my first impressions — The wireless batteries are larger and heavier than their non wireless counterparts. This i am sure is to allow for the added electronics. The difference is not much and to me will not be a problem at all.
    For me on the site it will offer no advantage. Power is typically away from where I am working and running a cord would defeat the reasons for using a cordless. I am too mobile at work. However at home in the shop if I am willing to leave the charger plugged in I can leave the gun on it for down times. Also being more stationary this option will really be an advantage. I did notice that it charges quickly. Has anyone else experienced this? I will time it next time i run the battery down

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I really like the cordless circular saw , I didn’t know they made one with the blade on the right side of the saw . I hope I can find one here .

I stopped at the same place to check on some deals. The Bosch deals were nice but I wasn’t in need of much more than supplies. Got a Bosch 10 piece jig saw blade pack with case for $10. Glad the Bosch folks helped you out Daniel.

Besides seeing the Bosch metal saw for the first time, Festool had their new 36v Cordless Saw on display.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I didn’t realize that was a metal circular saw , Wonder if you can put a wood blade in it ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.798 seconds