dcsimg

Welding Workbench

This topic contains 59 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Mattman595 2 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I can think of several uses for this positionable table .Will be glad to post pictures later on .
    Its behind a couple of other projects . If someone has the need an cares to take the lead on this go right ahead .

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Nice benches y’all :) I’m no into welding but this looks very manly.

Yea it will put hair on your chest then burn it off LOL

I don’t have a fancy one like the above ones. The one I have at home is just a piece of 1/2″ thick on angle iron legs that I have set up outside in the weather. Now, what I use at work is another matter. The top is 3″ steel plate set on top of 6″ pipe legs.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

It doesn’t have to be fancy to do the job . Today guys were working on a bridge . Had some cut offs , 16″
    I beam , weighs 84 lb per foot . They gave me 2 – 4′ pieces . this should make a good anvil an welding table . I just finished unloading , sure would be hot welding today .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That one nice chunk of metal there. Ought to make a great anvil.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I just bought an old beaver table saw for $60 because i needed the motor. I stripped off the extensions and had it sitting in my shop…..next to my welder, didn’t take long to put two and two together, instant welding table! Cleaned up the top and it actually works pretty good!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Had some cut offs , 16″
    I beam , weighs 84 lb per foot . They gave me 2 – 4′ pieces

Man that’s some heavy metal there.
    That will make a great table.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah that would make a great anvil. I’ve been keeping an eye out for something like that, once I get my piece of land i am building a forge.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just bought an old beaver table saw for $60 because i needed the motor. I stripped off the extensions and had it sitting in my shop…..next to my welder, didn’t take long to put two and two together, instant welding table! Cleaned up the top and it actually works pretty good!

Oh man that sounds like a great idea. Turning an old table saw table into a welding table.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Had some cut offs , 16″
    I beam , weighs 84 lb per foot . They gave me 2 – 4′ pieces
    A narrow table can be handy , i can also shove these 2 beams an get 4’x32″ surface .

Man that’s some heavy metal there.
    That will make a great table.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Just in case your driving by a construction site an see some cut offs .
    See if they will take scrap price . Most time their hauling it off anyway .
    yah that would make a great anvil. I’ve been keeping an eye out for something like that, once I get my piece of land i am building a forge.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Here’s a simple new addition to my welding table . I also use my table for cutting granite with a track saw . Problem I had was moving granite around after loading it on table with my tractor . Poor photos but I drilled a 1/2″ hole in center of table . Next welded a 5″ x 1/4 ” plate on 1/2″ all thread . Welded a nut on a small bottle jack . NOw I can spin granite around to a new cutting position on top og 1/2″ in sulation . Hole in table can also be used to secure thing etc.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Here’s a simple new addition to my welding table . I also use my table for cutting granite with a track saw . Problem I had was moving granite around after loading it on table with my tractor . Poor photos but I drilled a 1/2″ hole in center of table . Next welded a 5″ x 1/4 ” plate on 1/2″ all thread . Welded a nut on a small bottle jack . NOw I can spin granite around to a new cutting position on top og 1/2″ in sulation . Hole in table can also be used to secure thing etc.

Gerald,
    Great ingenuity there with the bottle jack and using the styro sheets for a bit of fall protection for your granite.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

what track saw do you use with what blade to cut granite? I didn’t think the tracksaws could handle that.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Gerald,
    Great ingenuity there with the bottle jack and using the styro sheets for a bit of fall protection for your granite.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Thanks we all make tools for our needs . Ive strugled getting under heavy granite , steel plate etc . I used it today an its one of the best labor saving devices ive made . cost 25.00 to make an about an hour labor . Allows me to lift granite , heavy plate to get lift forks under etc.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

The saw I used is a blue ripper jr. the blade is just a 7/14 ” continious rim for smooth cuts .

what track saw do you use with what blade to cut granite? I didn’t think the tracksaws could handle that.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The saw I used is a blue ripper jr. the blade is just a 7/14 ” continious rim for smooth cuts .

That Blue ripper is a nice system – setup. I’ve seen it used a lot over here.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Old pictures. I’ll get new ones this week. I would like to change the top to this

2014-05-21-22.34.55-715×953 by thedude306[/url], on Flickr
    Nice bench , I need to make my power tools easily accessable
    Grate was a little goofy as I had to pound it in with a sledge hammer (why the bars are bent) but I think it will be nice. The shoot with drawer actually catches stuff.

Looks good !

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.229 seconds