dcsimg

Welding table build

This topic contains 242 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Rovik 12 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 243 total)
  • Author

Rovik
    Pro

I’m going to build a welding table to use in my garage. Here are a few details of my plan: Paint it red to match my toolbox, 5″ casters to make it mobile. The table top is 60″ x 30″ x 1/2″, two toolboxes to put under the table. I come back with more details later, when i get the last items i need before i can start building the table.

Sorry about the mess in my garage, one day it will be very nice and clean here:)

Norway

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

nice project. looking forward to seeing the progress.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ivan great project. Looking forward to following this along.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I’m going to build a welding table to use in my garage. Here are a few details of my plan: Paint it red to match my toolbox, 5″ casters to make it mobile. The table top is 60″ x 30″ x 1/2″, two toolboxes to put under the table. I come back with more details later, when i get the last items i need before i can start building the table.

Sorry about the mess in my garage, one day it will be very nice and clean here:)

I can’t recall another welding table build here. I will be looking forward to following.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

Will you be enclosing/protecting the toolboxes? Or will they be heatproof?

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That’s huge compared to what I have. I’d snap a pic and come back later.

Rovik
    Pro

@montreal_woodworks, i think they will be ok. The table top has a few inches overhang all the way around. I mostly work with tig and light grinding.

I got the two toolboxxes today 🙂

Norway

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

@montreal_woodworks, i think they will be ok. The table top has a few inches overhang all the way around. I mostly work with tig and light grinding.

I got the two toolboxxes today 🙂

Perfect storage for a welding table.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

That’s my very mobile welding table. 😀
    No place for something bigger.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Looking forward to your progress. You always have such high end doings in whatever you set up.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Rovik
    Pro

Thanks, i’ll keep you guys posted. From now on i’m only use mm instead of inch, because it’s easier for me. Today i got some M24 thread bars for adjusting the height and level the welding table. In my drawing you can se the principal on how to adjust the table.

Norway

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today i got some M24 thread bars for adjusting the height and level the welding table.

Looks like a good way to adjust the height Ivan.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rovik
    Pro

@theamcguy, i think so. To make this work i have to drill a hole in my table top, to access the nut.

Norway

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Thanks, i’ll keep you guys posted. From now on i’m only use mm instead of inch, because it’s easier for me. Today i got some M24 thread bars for adjusting the height and level the welding table. In my drawing you can se the principal on how to adjust the table.

I like that the threads are completely enclosed and protected from the debris that will on the table top and easy to access at the same time. Excellent design.

Rovik
    Pro

Some progress.

Norway

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Some progress.

Looking good so far.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rovik
    Pro

@theamcguy, thanks.
    I have now cut all the legs to the correct lengt, and working with the mechanism to adjusting the legs.

Norway

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Nice progress. I like the storage boxes.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@theamcguy, thanks.
    I have now cut all the legs to the correct lengt, and working with the mechanism to adjusting the legs.

Ivan are you using a file to enlarge the round holes in those plates to a hexagon shape? That is very nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rovik
    Pro

@theamcguy, i did use a pneumatic die grinder to fix the hexagon shape. If i use a file it would take forever 🙂

Some more progress:

Norway

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 243 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 2.833 seconds