dcsimg

Welding project added to 'the list'.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  MJconstruction 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

One of my tenants left behind an adjustable weight bench. I wanted to cut it up and hang on to some of the square tubing…. but the new tenant got rid of it. Broke my heart LOL The tubes that fit in the tubes for the uprights that supported the barbell would have been perfect for your project

That gives me some new ideas of places to look. Thanks! 🙂

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

MTRoads
    Pro

Slowly adding to the pile of scrap metal for various projects coming up. Bicycle spokes, computer case sides, various sizes of tubing, etc.
    A couple of the suggestions in this thread have provided scraps but still looking for other sources. Do have enough at this point to get started on the first couple projects – or at least do some practice welding to go towards the eventual projects.

Stan

MTRoads
    Pro

While shopping for a small Acetylene welder outfit today – I learned of a local metal scrap business that I hope to visit this week. The associate at Lowe’s indicated they have a very large selection of scrap metals for very little.

Stan

If you are in horse country find a few farriers and have them save old horseshoes. They are a good source of scrap metal and can be used for many projects.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

While shopping for a small Acetylene welder outfit today – I learned of a local metal scrap business that I hope to visit this week. The associate at Lowe’s indicated they have a very large selection of scrap metals for very little.

That’s a great find. Hopefully you will become good friends. A resource like that is priceless.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

MTRoads
    Pro

That’s a great find. Hopefully you will become good friends. A resource like that is priceless.

I got by the place about a week ago, first thing I picked up was a piece of sheetmetal to use as a worktable.
    The pickings were a bit slim, not sure if it is seasonal or just a matter of being there at the right time – but I will be stopping by on occasion to see if the selection changes.

Stan

MTRoads
    Pro

If you are in horse country find a few farriers and have them save old horseshoes. They are a good source of scrap metal and can be used for many projects.

@rsbaldwin,
    That is a very nice project. I’d say Montana is pretty well in horse country so I’ll start asking around.

Is that a tire rim for the base and did you cut any air vent holes towards to bottom to feed air to the fire?

Stan

It is a tire rim but I must confess, it is on my todo list. I have not made mine yet. Air holes at the bottom are a good idea that I will add to mine. Thjanks for the tip!

Ron

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That sure is a nice burn pit. Very nice design.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MTRoads
    Pro

It is a tire rim but I must confess, it is on my todo list. I have not made mine yet. Air holes at the bottom are a good idea that I will add to mine. Thjanks for the tip!

Ron

I have seen a few different firepits made out of rims or cut off barrels. If there are no holes in the bottom to feed fresh air to the fire it does seem to starve the burn.

Stan

Anyone have any experience making storage racks for metal out of black pipe. And not that typical home depot garbage, i have some scrap sprinkler pipe and want to make some nice racks to store all me metal scraps. Deciding either standing up or laying flat making shelves.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.946 seconds