dcsimg

We live in the future

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 663 total)
  • Author

The guy across the river built a big drive shed this summer and it has a solar roof. Not sure what the cost was, but rumour has it that there is some “advertising” considerations on it, the builder using it as a model.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The guy across the river built a big drive shed this summer and it has a solar roof. Not sure what the cost was, but rumour has it that there is some “advertising” considerations on it, the builder using it as a model.

lol if they want to do it for cheap and use it for advertising id be all up for that. Some governments around the world are offering incentives for installing powerwalls and solar roofs. Making it a sure win situation. Helps the country go greener faster.

lol if they want to do it for cheap and use it for advertising id be all up for that. Some governments around the world are offering incentives for installing powerwalls and solar roofs. Making it a sure win situation. Helps the country go greener faster.

Well, knowing this guy, who is a nice guy by the way, he didn’t lay out too much of his own money for it. He has a really good job, like Mercedes company car good. He farms just enough so he gets the tax breaks. I think he is renting out space in the drive shed for winter storage.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Yes, there are people and tasks for which the transition to renewable electric will be problematic if not impossible. Those persons will resist all the way till their buggy whip tasking becomes irrelevant. Some people still swear by the Betamax tape. Corded phones are more reliable in power outages. Carbureted engines are easier for the private individual to maintain. If you doze off riding a horse, you won’t often have a fatal crash. Kerosene lamps provide a more subdued and relaxing light. Shipping things in wooden barrels allows a single man to easily roll a heavy load about on a tall sailing ship.

You can willingly embrace the future, or you can get dragged there kicking and screaming. You will arrive either happy or disgruntled. But you will arrive in the future regardless of your wishes.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well this is the reason why I think all vehicles should be equipped with the auto driver

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well this is the reason why I think all vehicles should be equipped with the auto driver

I saw that and thought that was pretty neat.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eWDYa9kpqrc?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

They are also saying smart cars/truck technology saved lives when the truck drove into people in Berlin. There is talk the truck slowed or applied brakes itself.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They are also saying smart cars/truck technology saved lives when the truck drove into people in Berlin. There is talk the truck slowed or applied brakes itself.

I had not read that, but makes sense since Europe has a lot of regs related to pedestrian safety and vehicles.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No thanks,,, I’ll drive my own car.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Nice, and if you watch the speed at the bottom left he goes from 115km /h to 0 pretty fast.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I like this piece of technology because, drivers who shouldn’t be driving are on the road. Drivers who are constantly drunk shouldn’t be on the road, under medication, Tired, text messaging and I could go on. I think i’d be able to hit the text limit of this text box. If we have robots who can drive safely for us, i am up for it, for I have seen too many incidents that could’ve been prevented.

This is the incident that really brings it home for me.
    http://www.cp24.com/news/truck-driver-charged-following-fatal-whitby-pileup-that-killed-4-1.2649999

Gigafactory is open
    http://mashable.com/2017/01/04/tesla-gigafactory-open-model-3/#iRxuj9XWA5qw

No matter what else you think about Tesla and its odds of success (Im a believer, having driven a Model S P90) this is big

It means that more Li-ION cells will be produced, making bigger batteries possible, or current ones less expensive.

The other thing that was announced is that 95% of the components in the new Model 3 will be US made/sourced, making it the single most American car currently in production, with the Buick Enclave in #2 with 90% American

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Gigafactory is open
    http://mashable.com/2017/01/04/tesla-gigafactory-open-model-3/#iRxuj9XWA5qw

No matter what else you think about Tesla and its odds of success (Im a believer, having driven a Model S P90) this is big

It means that more Li-ION cells will be produced, making bigger batteries possible, or current ones less expensive.

The other thing that was announced is that 95% of the components in the new Model 3 will be US made/sourced, making it the single most American car currently in production, with the Buick Enclave in #2 with 90% American

This is great news, I hope it will also be the start of lower cost Tesla Walls.

— Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I saw the gigafactory opened. Hope he is better at building batteries than he is at building cars.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I saw the gigafactory opened. Hope he is better at building batteries than he is at building cars.

I hope so too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Can’t imagine how – they already top most safety and satisfaction indexes

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.digitaltrends.com/cars/tesla-tops-consumer-reports-2016-owner-satisfaction-survey/amp/?client=safari

And I work with 7 guys who drive model S’ and one guy with an S and an X. They love them. I’ve been in both, and while the X isn’t my taste, the S is the nicest sport sedan ever. I’d take it over anything in that price range.

But to each his own

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

tesla has the most satisfaction right now vs any other car company out there. i’d trade both my vehicles in for a tesla, once the price drops a bit . well one for a auto and one when they make a truck or a workvan but i bet you thats next.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I don’t see much info on this machine but I guess robotic shells are coming and will increase our effectiveness at lifting more weights and doing more than our bodies can handle.

YES !

I don’t see much info on this machine but I guess robotic shells are coming and will increase our effectiveness at lifting more weights and doing more than our bodies can handle.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-1sNjcgc-true-383″ scrolling=”no” src=”https://imgur.com/1sNjcgc/embed?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2Fwe-live-in-the-future%2Fpage%2F33%2F%23post-618547&w=383&#8243; id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-1sNjcgc” style=”height: 500px; width: 383px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>

Imagine exosuits at the jobsite? Guys wont burn out their joints in a decade anymore?

(See what I did there?)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Impressive! Next improvement is that we’ll remove the human in order to reduce the number of errors to zero.

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 663 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.065 seconds