dcsimg

We live in the future

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 663 total)
  • Author

@r-ice It would be a good day for everybody else on the road when you didn’t have to drive anymore! :p

LoL! nah its good for me so i can do some work in the car or read. I don’t know about you, i don’t want to drive in traffic jams Everyday, it isn’t enjoyable.

You could always use public transportation,

I’d love to, it just cost 30 dollars a day to take public transportation and the times are all off for my shift work. It just isn’t worth it for me to take public transportation.

30 bucks a day?? Wow, okay I can see why you don’t want to do that,

Buy a moped with a remote starter and a heated jacket, that should do the trick lol, sorry couldn’t hold back 😉

I see you can’t buy monthly passes, I am pretty lucky, 25 to 30 minutes drive from way out in the West island, to ville saint laurent, for me to commute to, And From work.

Yah i live about 40 mins away from the downtown core where i work. No way a moped would work, maybe a motorcycle. I’d love to live closer but i couldn’t afford closer, at close to a million dollars i’d have to eat cardboard to afford that and even then i might not lol.

High carumba the only way I could afford that, would be to move in with about 4 families :o. And even that I would have to gather berries and nuts from the back yard lol

@58Chev

What about a light fixture installed on that bulkhead? A small round fixture with two or three swivel lights? That would mean pulling the existing wires from the other light fixtures if possible to the new area? Just a thought

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

58Chev
    What about a light fixture installed on that bulkhead? A small round fixture with two or three swivel lights? That would mean pulling the existing wires from the other light fixtures if possible to the new area? Just a thought

@boschmanbrian
    I did think of that but the work involved would be much more than just installing two pots. One on either side of the bulkhead.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Speaking of new techs, I just found out the little point and shoot cameras now can be had with 30x zoom and 5 axis optical image stabilization. Holy crap, I’m so getting one…

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Speaking of new techs, I just found out the little point and shoot cameras now can be had with 30x zoom and 5 axis optical image stabilization. Holy crap, I’m so getting one…

Is it optical zoom or digital? I want a gyroscpic mount for my gopro so I can have physical image stabilization.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/feb/25/electric-cars-will-be-cheaper-than-conventional-vehicles-by-2022

apparently in a few years electric vehicles will be cheaper to buy and run. Soon we will have electric trucks.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/feb/25/electric-cars-will-be-cheaper-than-conventional-vehicles-by-2022

apparently in a few years electric vehicles will be cheaper to buy and run. Soon we will have electric trucks.

I don’t think so, I paid 1,500$ for my last van and have never paid over 3,000$ for any work truck. By the time the electrical truck to be that old it will need a new 5,000$ battery. Electric cars and truck just don’t work on a island very well and will never take off here.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I don’t think so, I paid 1,500$ for my last van and have never paid over 3,000$ for any work truck. By the time the electrical truck to be that old it will need a new 5,000$ battery. Electric cars and truck just don’t work on a island very well and will never take off here.

it’ll be good for the people that run fleets on the mainland then. I don’t know how anything last on the island as it seems to be corrosive to metal and everything. and right now they are looking at fleets of trucks that will autonomously hual stuff across america
    http://fleetowner.com/technology/decoding-roi-autonomous-trucks

it’ll be good for the people that run fleets on the mainland then. I don’t know how anything last on the island as it seems to be corrosive to metal and everything. and right now they are looking at fleets of trucks that will autonomously hual stuff across america

Hope this isn’t going to happen. But who knows. What is the danger of cancer? I heard some states don’t want the cars because of this. Personally, I won’t even go through a self check out line.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Is it optical zoom or digital? I want a gyroscpic mount for my gopro so I can have physical image stabilization.

That would be great to have Aaron. Are they expensive?

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That would be great to have Aaron. Are they expensive?

right now they are, i think around 300 canadian is what i am seeing. They work great for active people like you and i, will stabilize it when we are running or walking.

Hope this isn’t going to happen. But who knows. What is the danger of cancer? I heard some states don’t want the cars because of this. Personally, I won’t even go through a self check out line.

I am unsure where the cancer fear is coming from, however if it is the batteries, we already use the exact same batteries in our laptops and flashlights and portable battery chargers. They are 18650 a standard of batteries that is shared among many different manufacturers of electronic goods.

As for the autonomous fleet, it will be good as they will run those things 24/7, 365 days of the year. I don’t know if it will lower the price of common goods for us but it will lower the cost of shipping for individual companies.

I mean amazon is already pioneering alot of this

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I am unsure where the cancer fear is coming from, however if it is the batteries, we already use the exact same batteries in our laptops and flashlights and portable battery chargers. They are 18650 a standard of batteries that is shared among many different manufacturers of electronic goods.

As for the autonomous fleet, it will be good as they will run those things 24/7, 365 days of the year. I don’t know if it will lower the price of common goods for us but it will lower the cost of shipping for individual companies.

I mean amazon is already pioneering alot of this

The most advanced warehouse. I can only wish our warehouse can get to that point in say 15-20 years from now. LOL

Cancer scare?? Most be the Oil company’s with the reports of cancer causing batteries. 🙂

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-complete-skyscraper-built-in-19-days-2015-3#ixzz3U0TOS6Rs

19 days to complete a skyscraper, will this be the new norm?

Clev08
    Pro

I do believe they have cars that can drive themselves now.

where can i buy one? i would get one for my wife lol

teslas? fun fact, apparently Ontario Canada is allowing testing of self driving cars. I can’t wait, it’ll be so awesome I don’t have to drive. Hey if robotic cars are in, that means traffic will be smoother.

@madman_us, Brave man writing that the wife needs one, keep an eye on your back. LOL

It wouldn’t take long before the cars developed an attitude and become as ignorant as all the other drivers out there.

And how log before hackers hack cars and drive them off a bridge…

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I do believe they have cars that can drive themselves now.

where can i buy one? i would get one for my wife lol

teslas? fun fact, apparently Ontario Canada is allowing testing of self driving cars. I can’t wait, it’ll be so awesome I don’t have to drive. Hey if robotic cars are in, that means traffic will be smoother.

@madman_us, Brave man writing that the wife needs one, keep an eye on your back. LOL

It wouldn’t take long before the cars developed an attitude and become as ignorant as all the other drivers out there.

And how log before hackers hack cars and drive them off a bridge…

it can be done now, with domestic cars

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t know how anything last on the island as it seems to be corrosive to metal and everything.

It has nothing to do with that. What will we do with all the dead batteries?
    We have no pollution problem here, we are in the middle of the friggin ocean with trade winds blowing everyday. All our pollution comes from a volcano.

Dirty

Doobie

What will we do with all the dead batteries?

What’s wrong with dropping them in those volcanos?

we are in the middle of the friggin ocean with trade winds blowing everyday. All our pollution comes from a volcano.

Fumes maybe. But really, once cooked, are they not assimilated back where they came from?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

we are in the middle of the friggin ocean with trade winds blowing everyday. All our pollution comes from a volcano.

Fumes maybe. But really, once cooked, are they not assimilated back where they came from?

is that actually a thing, dropping garbage in the volcano? okay i had to google it, it seems it does happen

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Even the future of construction is changing.

— Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Shipping boats are one of the most polluting things on earth.

Dirty

Doobie

Shipping boats are one of the most polluting things on earth.

That is sadly true! 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 663 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.414 seconds