dcsimg

We live in the future

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice It would be a good day for everybody else on the road when you didn’t have to drive anymore! :p

LoL! nah its good for me so i can do some work in the car or read. I don’t know about you, i don’t want to drive in traffic jams Everyday, it isn’t enjoyable.

@r-ice It would be a good day for everybody else on the road when you didn’t have to drive anymore! :p

LoL! nah its good for me so i can do some work in the car or read. I don’t know about you, i don’t want to drive in traffic jams Everyday, it isn’t enjoyable.

You could always use public transportation,

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’d love to, it just cost 30 dollars a day to take public transportation and the times are all off for my shift work. It just isn’t worth it for me to take public transportation.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’d love to, it just cost 30 dollars a day to take public transportation and the times are all off for my shift work. It just isn’t worth it for me to take public transportation.

The fun and joy of living an hour outside of Toronto and having to travel into TO to work.
    Go transit then TTC, just isn’t worth the hassle especially when you don’t spend $30 a day on gas.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-netherlands-autos-driverless-bus-idUSKCN0V61J9?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews

well here we go, driverless busses going to start on the road in europe first.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

But now we are taking a step back… LOL

The DeLorean is back, they should make it an electric vehicle though.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/27/the-delorean-from-back-to-the-future-is-back-in-production.html

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Is where you are under STM? If I don’t have a monthly pass ($150) I have to buy ticket for RTL just to get on the island then buy ticket from STM again to go anywhere, minimum 4 separate ticket per day. Not to mention time wasted. Drive to my girlfriend’s old place in CDN takes 30 minutes, almost two hours by public transit.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Is where you are under STM? If I don’t have a monthly pass ($150) I have to buy ticket for RTL just to get on the island then buy ticket from STM again to go anywhere, minimum 4 separate ticket per day. Not to mention time wasted. Drive to my girlfriend’s old place in CDN takes 30 minutes, almost two hours by public transit.

no we don’t have monthly passes here any more and in order to get a discount you have to take a certain amount of trips but because i work shift work, i never hit the proper amount.

Doobie

no we don’t have monthly passes here any more and in order to get a discount you have to take a certain amount of trips but because i work shift work, i never hit the proper amount.

But when you buy a pass you also have to factor in that you can now get the Transit Pass credit on your tax return. Bet you didn’t think of that one, eh?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@r-ice
    you need one of these to get to work with..

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice,
    you need one of these to get to work with..

https://youtu.be/OJfIn_8VxUA

a few companies are doing this, and this would work for me if i lived in the city or maybe just use it from the go train to the office.

@doobie
    , yes i use the presto card and I can claim that on taxes.

Im lucky in that I can walk to the commuter train (under 5 minutes) that takes me directly into downtown, 5 minutes from the office

35 minutes on the train, 45 door to door. $90 or so a month pass.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Im lucky in that I can walk to the commuter train (under 5 minutes) that takes me directly into downtown, 5 minutes from the office

That’s not bad Eric.

I can walk to the corner TTC bus stop in 5 minutes, wait for the Subway train to go one stop, then another bus about 6 stops. $120 for a monthly pass. Total time to work is 45 minutes to 1 hour travel time.

I use to walk to work in 40 minutes or less, I can bike to work in just under 10 minutes and the drive is 10 – 15 minutes.

I have not taken public transit for almost a decade now, just hate that fact that every other way to work is quicker.

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

That’s pretty good, consider it’ll take you just as long to snail down either 40 or 20.

Remember Musk’s hyperloop? MIT students won a competition on pod design, and will build one to test on the yet to be constructed test rail.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/jan/31/mit-students-win-competition-to-design-elon-musks-hyperloop-travel-system

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Street legal car / airplane?

— Glenn Botting

30 bucks a day?? Wow, okay I can see why you don’t want to do that,

Buy a moped with a remote starter and a heated jacket, that should do the trick lol, sorry couldn’t hold back 😉

I see you can’t buy monthly passes, I am pretty lucky, 25 to 30 minutes drive from way out in the West island, to ville saint laurent, for me to commute to, And From work.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

30 bucks a day?? Wow, okay I can see why you don’t want to do that,

Buy a moped with a remote starter and a heated jacket, that should do the trick lol, sorry couldn’t hold back 😉

I see you can’t buy monthly passes, I am pretty lucky, 25 to 30 minutes drive from way out in the West island, to ville saint laurent, for me to commute to, And From work.

Yah i live about 40 mins away from the downtown core where i work. No way a moped would work, maybe a motorcycle. I’d love to live closer but i couldn’t afford closer, at close to a million dollars i’d have to eat cardboard to afford that and even then i might not lol.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Street legal car / airplane?

https://youtu.be/nnF2yua4KIw

Man I was hoping he’d drop the wings and lunch off the freeway.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

This is seriously the future, it looks like they use less factory workers because of this conveyor belt.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EBpE-cfb6Y

This is seriously the future, it looks like they use less factory workers because of this conveyor belt.

I like the way the rollers adjust to send product to line up.

I worked in a warehouse back in 1985 that had automated forklifts that followed signals in the floor to get from one building to another without a driver.

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 663 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.469 seconds