dcsimg

We live in the future

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

ahh here we go

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

What Does a Tesla Really Cost?

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” src=”http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insurance/tesla-cost/embed/#?secret=KbE3i7FH01&#8243; data-secret=”KbE3i7FH01″ width=”600″ height=”386″ title=”Embedded WordPress Post” frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>
    </figure>
    so right now they are expensive to buy however there is a model 3 coming out which will be at around 35k usd. At that price with electric it would be worth it, and i heard they have plans for an electric truck which would be really interesting.

I can’t wait for the Model 3 to hit the roads. It will be a game changer and all the other car companies will have to get there arse in gear to keep up.
    I buy a Model 3 over a Ford, Toyota or the so called fake electric Volt, with its dino fuel engine still..

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

ahh here we go

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

What Does a Tesla Really Cost?

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” src=”http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insurance/tesla-cost/embed/#?secret=KbE3i7FH01″ data-secret=”KbE3i7FH01″ width=”600″ height=”386″ title=”Embedded WordPress Post” frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>
    </figure>
    so right now they are expensive to buy however there is a model 3 coming out which will be at around 35k usd. At that price with electric it would be worth it, and i heard they have plans for an electric truck which would be really interesting.

I can’t wait for the Model 3 to hit the roads. It will be a game changer and all the other car companies will have to get there arse in gear to keep up.
    I buy a Model 3 over a Ford, Toyota or the so called fake electric Volt, with its dino fuel engine still..

I’m not sure what the Canadian pricing will be since our dollar is pretty much devastated. However if it is inline with the american price i would be hugely interested, I can drive to work and back three times before charging Even with winter heater use i’d be able to charge every night. However if they come out with the truck, then the chevy silverado will be on the chopping block.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wonder how the longevity on the electric motor and batteries is?? How much are the batteries ??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I wonder how the longevity on the electric motor and batteries is?? How much are the batteries ??

I would bet the battery’s are expensive.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Electric cars are all the rage but to me they don’t add up. As far as the batteries go figure every three years you need to replace the single most expensive thing in the vehicle. How long does the battery last in your laptop before it needs replacing?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Electric cars are all the rage but to me they don’t add up. As far as the batteries go figure every three years you need to replace the single most expensive thing in the vehicle. How long does the battery last in your laptop before it needs replacing?

The only clear answer I ever saw was Tesla’s warranty. Battery covered 8 years and unlimited mileage, replaced under warranty if capacity drops under 70%, transferable to new owners

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

funny enough, they are using laptop batteries in the vehicle and 18650’s last quite a bit as long as it is charged and discharged properly. I also used them in my high drain flashlights and they work great. They are also super cheap if you were to buy them one by one, i mean dealextreme has them for like a buck or two per piece. The battery in my laptops all last years except for one laptop where i didn’t charge it for months and it eventually died

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I would imagine electric cars strain them more than flashlight and laptop though with higher discharge rate.

Going to sell my jeep and get a car this year, so far electric isn’t being considered. Hybrid doesn’t make much sense either from fuel saving vs upfront premium point of view.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The only clear answer I ever saw was Tesla’s warranty. Battery covered 8 years and unlimited mileage, replaced under warranty if capacity drops under 70%, transferable to new owners

Much better warranty than what Toyota offers for their battery warranty. 8 years but limited to 80,000 or 100,000 miles. After that it would cost you a minimum of $5000 to replace them. No mention is the capacity drops to a certain percentage.

— Glenn Botting

I will keep my gasoline-powered car’s / truck for now, until they can make them more affordable, and the battery last longer.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I will keep my gasoline-powered car’s / truck for now, until they can make them more affordable, and the battery last longer.

well the 35k one will be coming out in the next year or two. The battery from tesla already last longer than any of the other ones.

“The 60 kWh electric vehicle battery was rated to deliver 230 miles (370 km), while an 85 kWh battery was rated at 320 miles (510 km), assuming a constant speed of 55 mph (89 km/h). In 2012, the EPA range for the 60 kWh battery pack model is 208 mi (335 km) and the 85 kWh battery is 265 miles (426 km).”

The 85kwh battery life is 426 km which is just shy of my nissan versa’s per tank capabilities. I think it’ll be a no brainer once the more economical one drops. The fact it drives for you is the biggest kicker for sure.

The fact it drives for you is the biggest kicker for sure.

???

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

???

self driving mode, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7quu551ehc0 , will decrease insurance rates

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

???

self driving mode, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7quu551ehc0 , will decrease insurance rates

Not sure I’d trust a self driving car just yet.

Maybe another decade in testing and trials.

— Glenn Botting

well the 35k one will be coming out in the next year or two. The battery from tesla already last longer than any of the other ones.

“The 60 kWh electric vehicle battery was rated to deliver 230 miles (370 km), while an 85 kWh battery was rated at 320 miles (510 km), assuming a constant speed of 55 mph (89 km/h). In 2012, the EPA range for the 60 kWh battery pack model is 208 mi (335 km) and the 85 kWh battery is 265 miles (426 km).”

The 85kwh battery life is 426 km which is just shy of my nissan versa’s per tank capabilities. I think it’ll be a no brainer once the more economical one drops. The fact it drives for you is the biggest kicker for sure.

Haha, if I followed the driving data, I would never get to work in Montreal, and that would not be good for the winter months, how would, or does it defrost the windshield, ? I usually start my car a few minutes earlier to get the window started, not sure if that would work, maybe for 6 to 8 months out of the year, then I would need another option?

I guess I would have to research the electric car more, if I was interested, and the cost was more comparable to the gasoline-powered car’s.
    One thing for sure, would be nice not having to rely on gasoline anymore.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Haha, if I followed the driving data, I would never get to work in Montreal, and that would not be good for the winter months, how would, or does it defrost the windshield, ? I usually start my car a few minutes earlier to get the window started, not sure if that would work, maybe for 6 to 8 months out of the year, then I would need another option?

I guess I would have to research the electric car more, if I was interested, and the cost was more comparable to the gasoline-powered car’s.

That’s my first thought, what the Canadian mileage? 😀

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s my first thought, what the Canadian mileage? 😀

Our problem isn’t very much just the cold it is the power corridor, i don’t think it has be refined as well as it has been in the states. Some parts of the northern part of the US gets as cold as it does up here in Canada. lol look right now they are covered in snow. Actually i didn’t realize this but it now reaches from toronto to montreal

https://www.teslamotors.com/findus#/bounds/70,-50,42,-142,d?search=supercharger&name=canada

so I wouldn’t worry about power, these things charge really fast, you’d get there will a little time lost due to quick charging half way but you turn that in to a washroom stop and leg stretch.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Who needs Electricity when you AIR..

$10,000 Car – AirPod – That Runs On Air

And TATA has got their hands on it….

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Who needs Electricity when you AIR..

https://youtu.be/0RBl1LFUQ4c

$10,000 Car – AirPod – That Runs On Air

And TATA has got their hands on it….

https://youtu.be/BgwXCS-O_MM

I’ve seen something similar over 10 years ago I think, it has two high pressure CF tanks mounted under the body, nothing ever came out of it so I assume it wasn’t really practical.

@r-ice It would be a good day for everybody else on the road when you didn’t have to drive anymore! :p

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 663 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.032 seconds