dcsimg

Water Heater Issue

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The main shut off valve to the heater is brass and wouldn’t budge. Had to use channel locks to carefully break it loose

Actually you should exercise all the valves in your house once a year to prevent that. Something that I’m guilty of not always doing.

Yes you should, I know the main water valve into the house won’t completely shut off because of that. It comes into the house right next to the water heater, Luckily my set up has another valve at the tank……

A few years ago I changed out the kitchen faucet but couldn’t get the main to completely shut off, I thought wtf do I do now LOL??……. So what I did was drain the water heater since that’s the first draw from the main it would go in there relieving the pressure to the kitchen, It worked but kinda scary too.

And like Delta said earlier, You should drain the water heater once in a while too, The guy at HD told me that also. Said it’s recommended by the manufacturer to keep the calcium build up down

Anonymous
    Inactive

UPDATE;
    Well it’s been over a week now and the cement floor has finally dried up, It was soaked from all the flushing. I’ve been checking it everyday and now it’s dry as a bone under the heater, So the tank doesn’t leak and I have great hot water and pressure. It’s brand new again, *$$$ChaChing$$$*

UPDATE;
    Well it’s been over a week now and the cement floor has finally dried up, It was soaked from all the flushing. I’ve been checking it everyday and now it’s dry as a bone under the heater, So the tank doesn’t leak and I have great hot water and pressure. It’s brand new again, *$$$ChaChing$$$*

Woahoa you did it, so that’s why you were able to fill up the L box 3 with those cold ones lol.
    Seriously that’s good to be able to save some bucks. Good job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

UPDATE;

Man that’s great Dabbs. Nothing better than saving a bunch of money on something like a water heater.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Nice work. Great way to save a few bucks and still have piece of mind (and hot water )

UPDATE;

Bonus! Have yourself a cold one!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I agree with Andrew, go new and don’t worry about it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@fishguy3 Welcome BTP. Nice to see a new face. Post often and Enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with Andrew, go new and don’t worry about it.

I’m not worried about it at all, Saved a bunch of money and it’s still working fine 🙂

C4rtoad07
    Pro
    Osawatomie, KS

I always judge by the condition of the water heater i.e. if it is rusted or leaking I say replace it. If it can be drained and repaired I will give the home owner the options and go from there. Sometimes the cost of new is just out of reach and you can get a few more years out of what is there to give them time to save for a new tank. Great job on the repair.

LDiaz
    Pro

Is that so?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.380 seconds