dcsimg

Warranty on redemptions?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  bethepro 2 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone!
    Does anyone know if tools redeemed for are covered under some warranty protection?

I got the VAC090S extractor recently (couple of weeks or so ago) and love it so far. Yesterday, for the first time, I tried to use it as a vacuum, and flipped it to ON instead of tool actuated. It briefly (less than a second) surged to life, then went off. With the tool actuation, it works great, but with the ON, it does not work. A small gentle tap to the side, and it worked fine again. But if thats a loose contact, its going to get worse over time.

Any ideas?

@bethepro

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I believe that others have had warranty work done on redemption items…@bethepro or @boschtoolsservice should be able to verify that for you.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Doobie
    Pro

Hey everyone!
    Does anyone know if tools redeemed for are covered under some warranty protection?

Pretty sure they do. I’ve registered all my tools on the phone with Bosch, and when they ask where I bought it I tell them it’s a BTP prize when applicable. I’ve never needed to send in proof whether it’s BTP or a purchase but I generally register my tools within days of receiving them. I think it’s when you wait too long to register them a little red flag goes up and they would want a copy of a receipt or proof.

Now what happens when you want to make a claim is another story as to whether they would want to see the proof at that time.
    I’ve only ever had one claim for a pooched 12v battery, and nothing was required on my end at claim time. Keep in mind that the rep is looking on their end at my ProVantage acct and is looking at dozens of tools registered, so maybe one gets a bye for sending in proof in that situation whereas others may be required to show a receipt or proof of acquisition if a BTP item instead.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

This is a great question that some of us probably never thought of. Good to know. Thanks for the question.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I believe they have a standard warranty and also the provantage warranty if applied for.

Doobie
    Pro

I believe they have a standard warranty and also the provantage warranty if applied for.

Yes they do. And if I’m not mistaken, on the Provantage side, there’s a time limit on registering tools from the date of acquisition in order to get the batteries covered for a second full year.

There’s a really good thread here that talks about warranty related stuff where Jim chimes in with details galore in different posts.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/registering-your-bosch-tools-provantage-or-product-registration/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey everyone!

Yes,,, I’m on my 3rd 16ga. nailer.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’d be shocked if they weren’t. But I’d love to get the final word from @bethepro too. I also register all my tools fairly immediately. The registration site is super easy to navigate – the only caveat being batteries (in my experience so far).

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have register all my stuff too. I would hope they have warranty on them.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I do not think there is any problem. Several members have had to warranty tools gotten off the list and have had no problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I believe that they are fully covered, I know when I registered them online, it does exactly like purchased items.
    And I believe Brad @thedude306 had a similar or something wrong with his vacuum to, and I believe it was all taken care of? But don’t quote me on that 🙂
    Sometimes my squirrel memory kicks in lol

Good luck, and keep us posted here

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I do not think there is any problem. Several members have had to warranty tools gotten off the list and have had no problem.

Good to hear there was no problem.

Greg

Yes.

I have returned a drill for repair (twice) and got a battery replaced. Get registered with a Pro-Vantage number. Good folks.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It appears (in my experience) that the US has WAY better warranty service then in Canada.

I did have my vac replaced under warranty. I am a little fuzzy on the details but I believe it’s a full replacement with in the first 30 days and a repair OR replacement after that. I was outside of the 30 days and it was a fight for the full replacement. My first vac never worked right after it’s failure. It has been flawless since.

As for the warranty difference, in Canada they want you to take it to a “Bosch Service Depot” and that’s a PITA for someone 2 hours away and for little things that can be easily fixed (switches in routers for ei. I’ve had two fail) In the US I believe they will just send you out the parts if the took has been registered.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

It appears (in my experience) that the US has WAY better warranty service then in Canada.

I did have my vac replaced under warranty. I am a little fuzzy on the details but I believe it’s a full replacement with in the first 30 days and a repair OR replacement after that. I was outside of the 30 days and it was a fight for the full replacement. My first vac never worked right after it’s failure. It has been flawless since.

As for the warranty difference, in Canada they want you to take it to a “Bosch Service Depot” and that’s a PITA for someone 2 hours away and for little things that can be easily fixed (switches in routers for ei. I’ve had two fail) In the US I believe they will just send you out the parts if the took has been registered.

What problem did you have with yours?

Im going to bring mine in to the service centre – its in Montreal at least

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Yes, you do have warranty on your tools redeemed via BTP.

Just make sure to register your tools.

You can call customer service at 1-877-BOSCH99 1-877-267-2499 Mon-Fri: 7:00-19:00 CST. You can use the E-Repair service to submit your request.You can send Bosch Customer Service an email through the Contact Form.

https://www.boschtools.com/webform/ca/en/contact.htm

Any one of these methods they will help you find a Bosch Service Center in your area for your warranty service and inquiries.

We hope this is helpful.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

That’s good to hear. That right there should give you a warm and fuzzy haha.

It sure does. I filled out the form on Boschtools and got an alert from UPS 10 minutes later that my parcel was created (I don’t know if they are sending the return form or the box to ship it in)

Strangely enough, the UPS form says 28lbs, so maybe they just sent a new Vac since its only a couple of weeks old?

You can call customer service at 1-877-BOSCH99 1-877-267-2499 Mon-Fri: 7:00-19:00 CST. You can use the E-Repair service to submit your request.You can send Bosch Customer Service an email through the Contact Form.

Any one of these methods they will help you find a Bosch Service Center in your area for your warranty service and inquiries.

We hope this is helpful.

Gosh, I wish you just would have said I was right. It’s not often that I am right. Less often told it…..lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

We hope this is helpful.

This is good to know. Thanks for the update. This very helpful.

It sure does. I filled out the form on Boschtools and got an alert from UPS 10 minutes later that my parcel was created (I don’t know if they are sending the return form or the box to ship it in)

Strangely enough, the UPS form says 28lbs, so maybe they just sent a new Vac since its only a couple of weeks old?

That would be nice if they sent you a new vac. I hope you get sorted out.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.495 seconds