dcsimg

Walko Portable Bench

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I am just wondering if you can achieve something similar with extruded aluminum

Maybe. I doubt it though. It’s more than standard extrusions. There are cut slots thruout that allow the accesory conections in the crevices of the slots that need to be rectangularly shaped.

This is not a dumbass device. It looks simple at first glance, but it’s not such. Well built and desingned. It is not an easy copy on your own imo.

There’s a reason it’s not cheap in any market including their own home country. A little over priced…yes. but super over paying for this I don’t see it as such after owning one for five yetars now.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

There are some pretty slick 80/20 portable workbenches. There is one that comes to mind from the FOG that was really neat by RMW, the maker of Rip Dogs… I will try to find the link.

I wouldn’t mind a work bench out of 80/20 with casters so ic an move it around and perhaps be a outfeed table with adjustable height for bandsaw to table saw. If i need plastic pieces perhaps i can get @kswiss to print me out a few pieces.

Ya man for sure, I just need to get my printer working again.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Maybe. I doubt it though. It’s more than standard extrusions. There are cut slots thruout that allow the accesory conections in the crevices of the slots that need to be rectangularly shaped.

This is not a dumbass device. It looks simple at first glance, but it’s not such. Well built and desingned. It is not an easy copy on your own imo.

There’s a reason it’s not cheap in any market including their own home country. A little over priced…yes. but super over paying for this I don’t see it as such after owning one for five yetars now.

I’m not saying we copy it exactly, I am saying there are simpler tables that can be made with 80/20 extrusions that would work for a bench, the walko isn’t the be all end all.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.456 seconds