dcsimg

Walko Portable Bench

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’ll stick with my Keter table.

Me too!! I could have a bunch of Keters for the price of one Walko.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Walco is interesting but I still like the Keter for the value.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING!

I have a Walko 3 and have been very happy with it.

You can order them from the UK. Not cheap though.

http://www.walko.nl/contents/en-uk/d22_WALKO_Vlak.html

it is interesting but is it better than your keter? did you end up getting a keter?

Never got the Keter. Not sure what a Keter can do that this can’t other than save you money. The latter was a bit of a pill, but that soon passed once I started using it. It was a solution to many issues/problems for me, both in my shop, and working outside.

Can you cut with your track saw accross the face of your Keter without something underneath it? This thing does that all day long. A lot more efficient imo.

It’s really well built/rugged too. Stronger I’d say than my 30 year old B&D 400 Workmate. It’s more versatile as well and easier to lug around.

I can also use a host of different kinds of clamps and accessories for hold downs and such I already own that have real holding power for tough applications.

If it gets left in the rain by accident, you don’t really care either.

Yep, it’s a bit pricey, but you do get a lot. Wish I had a Walko 4 as well now.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Never got the Keter. Not sure what a Keter can do that this can’t other than save you money.

That’s the most important point.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING!

I have a Walko 3 and have been very happy with it.

You can order them from the UK. Not cheap though.

http://www.walko.nl/contents/en-uk/d22_WALKO_Vlak.html

it is interesting but is it better than your keter? did you end up getting a keter?

Never got the Keter. Not sure what a Keter can do that this can’t other than save you money. The latter was a bit of a pill, but that soon passed once I started using it. It was a solution to many issues/problems for me, both in my shop, and working outside.

Can you cut with your track saw accross the face of your Keter without something underneath it? This thing does that all day long. A lot more efficient imo.

It’s really well built/rugged too. Stronger I’d say than my 30 year old B&D 400 Workmate. It’s more versatile as well and easier to lug around.

I can also use a host of different kinds of clamps and accessories for hold downs and such I already own that have real holding power for tough applications.

If it gets left in the rain by accident, you don’t really care either.

Yep, it’s a bit pricey, but you do get a lot. Wish I had a Walko 4 as well now.

i’ve been looking at it, how sturdy is it, can you hand plane on it? where did you end up getting it for the best price?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Youd think if it was worth anything they would market it in the USA the most powerful national in the world.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I would say the Keter is not as capable as the Walko. It all depends on how you are going to use it as to how much value you get out of the table. I would like to see the Walko first hand before I spend that kind of money. Hard to do that if it is not sold here.

Doobie

i’ve been looking at it, how sturdy is it, can you hand plane on it? where did you end up getting it for the best price?

It does not rack in any way if that’s what you are wondering. It’s very solid and well made. Rock solid, including the shelves.

That Walko bench looks nice, but it would be tough to pay that much. I’ve used a Keter bench and like everything but the height. Even on the highest notch, it is not as tall as I’d like it to be.

Doobie

That Walko bench looks nice, but it would be tough to pay that much. I’ve used a Keter bench and like everything but the height. Even on the highest notch, it is not as tall as I’d like it to be.

Is it because you are a tall person yourself?

Gulp, kinda pricey for me, I will stick to my old B and D and my old work tables.

Not saying it’s not nice or practical, just not in my budget or needs.

Yes, I am a tall person. I try to have my work tables atleast 36″. That’s why I like Dans MPT because it’s at 38″, which is great to not have to bend over.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Gulp, kinda pricey for me, I will stick to my old B and D and my old work tables.

Not saying it’s not nice or practical, just not in my budget or needs.

yah i was looking at the price, and from the neatherlands it is like 700 pounds which is 1.86 exchange rate, making it really really expensive.

Doobie

Yes, I am a tall person. I try to have my work tables atleast 36″. That’s why I like Dans MPT because it’s at 38″, which is great to not have to bend over.

I have my router table I think at 41 or 42 inches high along with my Kapex also. Seemed oddish at first, but now I’d have it no other way and I’m only 5’10”. I did it somewhat out of necessity, but I have heard of other people advocating doing such. It’s easier to work at than being crouched otherwise.

These things looked really cool, but they were expensive. Probably why they stopped distributing them to North America. An elegant solution and configurable if you are on the go.

Orange County, CA

Doobie

These things looked really cool, but they were expensive. Probably why they stopped distributing them to North America. An elegant solution and configurable if you are on the go.

Not sure if it was the price of them so much as there unwillingness to stick it out. There’s a lot of overpriced Euro stuff here that does just fine over time. They didn’t have the legs maybe to get beyond that initial hesitant stage of acceptance with their product.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am just wondering if you can achieve something similar with extruded aluminum

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hard to compete with other lower priced solutions.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There are some pretty slick 80/20 portable workbenches. There is one that comes to mind from the FOG that was really neat by RMW, the maker of Rip Dogs… I will try to find the link.

John S

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

There are some pretty slick 80/20 portable workbenches. There is one that comes to mind from the FOG that was really neat by RMW, the maker of Rip Dogs… I will try to find the link.

I wouldn’t mind a work bench out of 80/20 with casters so ic an move it around and perhaps be a outfeed table with adjustable height for bandsaw to table saw. If i need plastic pieces perhaps i can get @kswiss to print me out a few pieces.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.562 seconds