dcsimg

WAGO lever connectors

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

After many years of using wire nuts, and frustrating push-in connectors, I finally gave the WAGO lever nuts a try, and boy, I am convinced and not looking back.

They are a bit more pricey, but well worth the time and patience saved.

Do not buy the knock offs, there are many on the market, the knock offs I tried, and they do not hold the conductors securely. Plus they are not UL listed.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man I have seen these and wondered if they really worked. Glad to see you are happy with them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kzcarp
    Pro

I watch a couple of YouTube channels of U.K. sparkies and that’s all they use over there. Wago’s or the connector blocks inside the light fittings. I’ll have to look for the wagos next time to the wholesalers.

kevin

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It’s easier to see the connections with these connectors without having to untangle everything out of the box.

But the main thing I like about them is they are smaller than regular nuts when you are splicing 3 or more conductors together, and they work equally well for stranded and solid. The regular push in connectors don’t work well for stranded. Wire nuts work too but this is easier if you are twisting 100 nuts a day your fingers get tired.

Doobie

I looked this up quickly today, and it seems they are not CSA (ULc) approved in Canada. Just so members know, but they should do their own more thorough research than my quickie search on them as I was most interested myself.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Good point. Make sure it meets local code.

I know the WAGO lever connectors are UL listed and meets NEC. I don’t know about Canada.

Also bear in mind, WAGO makes many products, they make push in connectors, as well as lever actuated connectors. They one I am talking about is the lever actuated one. Many people say “WAGO nuts” and it’s unclear which one of dozens of stuff they may be referring to.

There are also MANY WAGO look a like products from China. They will appear as “WAGO STYLE…” or “WAGO TYPE” or plain “WAGO” look at the fine prints to avoid a knock off and more importantly a fire.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

I looked this up quickly today, and it seems they are not CSA (ULc) approved in Canada. Just so members know, but they should do their own more thorough research than my quickie search on them as I was most interested myself.

Miamicuse notes they are UL (USA) listed, and unless I’m misremembering that’s accepted in Canada.
    I like them testing the wiring setup of speakers and crossovers I’m building. Fast to use, compact, and doesn’t damage the wire the way wire nuts do.

Doobie

Miamicuse notes they are UL (USA) listed, and unless I’m misremembering that’s accepted in Canada.

Nope. Technically you need to see the ULc with a small ‘c’ beside the UL symbol to be approved in Canada. Their standards in the US are not always the same as here in Canada,

Festool had a fiasco some years ago here in Canada that they got caught on this. Their Mini and Midi vacs were all deemed non acceptable after many years on the market here when some nitpicky site inspector called their vac models in question up here that all initially go thru the US from Germany before being shipped into Canada.

It was some poor schlep who bought one thru Atlas Tools in Toronto that the whole shemmang happened. Festool ended up suspending all sales of those models and offered their higher valued CTs as replacements some momths later to deal with it.

Many never took that offer, instead deciding to keep their beloved mini/midi vacs, buy if you were a trade subject to inspection you really took your chances once they were considered non-CSA UL approved for use in Canada.

That was a big black eye for Festool here in Canada. Many simply wanted a refund which Festool would not do.

Since then, Festool came out with CSA ULc approved Mini and Midi vacs here in Canada, but it was years after the recall they were able to do so.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Thanks for clarifying the UL approval for Canada, @Doobie. I’ve only been using them for speakers, so not a problem.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s easier to see the connections with these connectors without having to untangle everything out of the box.

That’s for sure and that helps and saves time. Where do they sell these?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

They carry them in just about every online electrical supply. Amazon sells them as well, also ebay.

Just be careful to avoid the knock offs. Read the fine prints and do not get the “WAGO STYLE” or “WAGO TYPE”. Needs to be GENUINE WAGO MADE IN THE USA.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Amazon sells them as well, also ebay.

Ok great Thank you for the info.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I have been using them for years and I also introduced it into my factory and all the electricians love it. No more loose connection from the wire nuts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.435 seconds