dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day)

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My TOTD was the scrub brush, lol. I finally took the time and just went for it and cleaned all the circular saw blades I own. I don’t have any special cleaner, and it’s probably too little too late for a bunch of them, but now they’re all sitting in the drying rack and I’m hoping that they’ll run a whole lot better now!

Thanks for the excellent reminder, Charlie. I need to do the same. I was mounting my dado stack just before Christmas and noticed how gummed up it had become.

What did you use to clean them? I have been using methyl hydrate to soak the blades in but always looking for newer, better ways.

Yes this is a good reminder. I have couple blades that need to be done. I have used Simple Green in the past. I read about it online and tried.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Anonymous
    Inactive

TOTD was my M18 Fuel 1″ SDS-Plus, running conduit in what was the concrete block maintenance building to a long-defunct area ski resort. It’s now the immense garage to my customer’s home, which itself used to be the upper lodge. Pic is from back when I got it.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

My TOTD was the scrub brush, lol. I finally took the time and just went for it and cleaned all the circular saw blades I own. I don’t have any special cleaner, and it’s probably too little too late for a bunch of them, but now they’re all sitting in the drying rack and I’m hoping that they’ll run a whole lot better now!

Thanks for the excellent reminder, Charlie. I need to do the same. I was mounting my dado stack just before Christmas and noticed how gummed up it had become.

What did you use to clean them? I have been using methyl hydrate to soak the blades in but always looking for newer, better ways.

Nothing new or better about this – just dish soap and warm water with a scrub brush. Probably could have done better with a stiffer brush too. But I used what I had 🙂

Charlie

Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

TOTD was my M18 Fuel High Torque impact, with 1100 ft/lbs nut-busting torque. Made quick work of changing out the flat tire on the wife’s Subaru at 5am this morning, at -11F. My crazy 9000-lumen Radius Site Light also came in extremely handy.

TOTD was my M18 Fuel High Torque impact, with 1100 ft/lbs nut-busting torque. Made quick work of changing out the flat tire on the wife’s Subaru at 5am this morning, at -11F. My crazy 9000-lumen Radius Site Light also came in extremely handy.

That’s definitely good for a fast change of wheels.
    Thank goodness for those powerful cordless tools.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD had to be my router jig. I was able to cut new grooves for my cross cut sled pretty easily thanks to it!

Charlie

Instagram

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now, if only someone would come out with an 18v floor jack!

Doobie

Yes this is a good reminder. I have couple blades that need to be done. I have used Simple Green in the past. I read about it online and tried.

I’ve got a few I should do as well. One of those jobs that keeps getting put on the back burner it seems.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh man what a great idea. That would be nice. Wonder if anybody is working on one?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nothing new or better about this – just dish soap and warm water with a scrub brush. Probably could have done better with a stiffer brush too. But I used what I had 🙂

Thanks, Charlie. I think today will be the day. I need to change out the dado stack anyway so may as well do the cleaning while I’m at it.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Oh that’s a good idea, I wonder how that would work, probably possible.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’ve got a few I should do as well. One of those jobs that keeps getting put on the back burner it seems.

Same here. I always put it off to another time or think of it at night when I am not in the shop.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Same here. I always put it off to another time or think of it at night when I am not in the shop.

This works great!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

TOTD was a 4 wheel Dollie for me. I seem to be using it on and off every day recently.

j

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

TOTD for me today was my new cordless jigsaw. I was installing more paneling for a friend under their staircase and it was so nice to notch out the panels with this tool and not have to bother about a cord. Plus, it’s super smooth, definitely powerful, and I love the blower!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My Bosch heated jacket. Had to do some work out in the shop and with a high only in the low 40s the heated jacket made the time spent more pleasant.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Used my heated jacket also to shovel the snow today.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My Bosch heated jacket. Had to do some work out in the shop and with a high only in the low 40s the heated jacket made the time spent more pleasant.

If it ever hits 40 here again, I’ll be out in swim trunks.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

TOTD was the new mak router

j

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Bessey 24” parallel clamps today.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (tool of the day)’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.229 seconds