dcsimg

TOTD (tool of the day)

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,007 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My tool of the day was the new Milwaukee cordless heat gun. I had to use some heat shrink tubing on one of the cars. The usual procedure would have been get out the heat gun, the long extension cord, run the cord to the car, plug in the heat gun and then put everything away. Truth be told for the hassle and juts needing to shrink one piece I probably would of used a lighter. Not yesterday I grabbed the cordless heat gun and bingo done. No muss no fuss no cords, all done in less than a minute. It instantly made 5 out of 6 heat guns in the shop obsolete. The only one still useful is the Bosch 1941 with the built in stand. Everything else is a dust gatherer. Message to Bosch don’t waste your time building an 18V heat gun Milwaukee won that market while you guys were sleeping. If you want to one up Milwaukee then develop a 12V model about the size of the PS42 for automotive pros working up under a dash or underhood in tight places.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

If you want to one up Milwaukee then develop a 12V model about the size of the PS42 for automotive pros working up under a dash or underhood in tight places.

Now that would be very useful indeed! What a great idea.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

No story really. I am just particular about my tools and such. I like things put back where they go, ie my recip saw. I also have a case for my blades and when I am done cutting I put my blades back it the case. It allows me to keep track of what I have and what I need. But The biggest issue was him draining my batteries and not putting them on the charger. Than when I need a battery they are all dead. If you can’t follow these rules for my tools than don’t use them.

It’s amazing what some people are just totally clueless about. My family motto was “leave it in the same condition or better than how you found it” but almost no one does that anymore. You’d think, though, especially with battery indicator lights, anyone would think to throw it on the charger once it’s almost out. But that kind of thinking has to be taught apparently.

Charlie

Instagram

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’ll have to post a picture of it when I go back to work Monday, but it’s really a great tool.

Thanks! I’ll await that.

Here you go – some close ups and a little video of it in action 🙂 I used it on a tiny little wire for the video, but I also went and maxed it out with the 3 strand, 16AWG wire after that without adjusting anything. I also love how you don’t have to be at the end of a wire to use it. With regular strippers, it’s really easy (for me at least) to have a hard time removing a longer section of the sheathing, but this thing just powers right past that.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I’ll have to post a picture of it when I go back to work Monday, but it’s really a great tool.

Thanks! I’ll await that.

Here you go – some close ups and a little video of it in action 🙂 I used it on a tiny little wire for the video, but I also went and maxed it out with the 3 strand, 16AWG wire after that without adjusting anything. I also love how you don’t have to be at the end of a wire to use it. With regular strippers, it’s really easy (for me at least) to have a hard time removing a longer section of the sheathing, but this thing just powers right past that.

Thanks Charlie, but where’s the video? I think I need that video to understand how it works as I’m not connecting the dots so to speak with those nice pics alone.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thanks! I’ll await that.

Thanks Charlie, but where’s the video? I think I need that video to understand how it works as I’m not connecting the dots so to speak with those nice pics alone.

Yeah thanks Charlie for the pictures. But the video doesn’t work.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

If you want to one up Milwaukee then develop a 12V model about the size of the PS42 for automotive pros working up under a dash or underhood in tight places.

Now that would be very useful indeed! What a great idea.

Yes definitely would be a great idea, I’m sure they will be coming out in the next year’s, even more compact, and powerful.

@cmeyer25
    they definitely look like a nice set of strippers. Nice video, thanks for sharing.

I was back in my old department, my tools of the day are pretty much drawings some hand tools, plus my older Bosch 12 tools.

Went back to get my coat and boots from the militarily department, this is the case for the Berillium tools, I’ll get a picture of the open box tomorrow

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I am going to have to look into that heat gun @theamguy
    My tool of the day was a cordless OMT I used it to cut in a box to add an outlet in a kitchen. I was able to make nice clean cuts through the back of a cabinet and the Sheetrock behind it to put in a cut in box.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks! I’ll await that.

It’s the last item after all the pictures…it works for me every time I click it, but did it not work for you @Gtokley?

It’s only a five second video, I edited it down to see if I could just upload it straight from my phone, but I know there is a file size restriction, so if no one can see it, I’ll try a different route (YouTube just doesn’t want to work for me…or I’m not patient enough to wait the half hour for a twenty second video to load, lol)

Charlie

Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks! I’ll await that.

Thats a neat little tool! Thanks for sharing. BTW, the video worked ok for me.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TOTD would have to go to the reciprocating saw. Seems like it gets the honor of TOTD pretty often.

Doobie

It’s the last item after all the pictures…it works for me every time I click it, but did it not work for you @gtokley?

It’s only a five second video, I edited it down to see if I could just upload it straight from my phone, but I know there is a file size restriction, so if no one can see it, I’ll try a different route

It’s not working for me on my tablet but later I’ll try on my desktop. Didn’t even see earlier it was just a file at the bottom of the pics.

My tool of the day was my Bosch Jigsaw. I am cutting out a few dozen spoon blanks from a maple scrap and it was easier to use a jigsaw than a bandsaw with the long scraps

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks! I’ll await that.

Thats a neat little tool! Thanks for sharing. BTW, the video worked ok for me.

Thanks for letting me know, I was getting concerned 🙂

It’s the last item after all the pictures…it works for me every time I click it, but did it not work for you @gtokley?

It’s only a five second video, I edited it down to see if I could just upload it straight from my phone, but I know there is a file size restriction, so if no one can see it, I’ll try a different route

It’s not working for me on my tablet but later I’ll try on my desktop. Didn’t even see earlier it was just a file at the bottom of the pics.

Yeah, sorry about that. That’s the problem with not uploading to YouTube I guess. It’s hard to add video any other way onto the forum.

Charlie

Instagram

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Last couple days it was a rake and leave blower. Here is the results. 49 bags and 1 32 gallon trash can.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thanks! I’ll await that.

It’s only a five second video, I edited it down to see if I could just upload it straight from my phone, but I know there is a file size restriction, so if no one can see it, I’ll try a different route (YouTube just doesn’t want to work for me…or I’m not patient enough to wait the half hour for a twenty second video to load, lol)

I ended watching on my lap top this morning. Not sure what happen. I had no problem watching on my cell. That is a pretty slick tool. Thanks for sharing!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Paslode was used non stop today putting on lookouts, facia, and jack rafters. I don’t miss dragging an air hose around the roof one bit.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

On the chainsaw again today. Had a couple of guys helping. Skidding with a pickup and loading with the FEL on the tractor. Another guy with a chain saw made my life easier. Particularly since he is younger and stronger.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The tool of the day for me was my Makita miter saw. I cut a number of trim/crown molding pieces for a little project.
    While I normally avoid my miter saw, as its not as versatile as my table saw equipped with a couple of sleds, for crown molding, it is completely necessary.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am going to have to look into that heat gun @theamguy

Trust me you will use it once and forget all about the corded ones. Even a better buy if you already have 18V Milwaukee tools, the bare tool is $119 and with all the sales you can find it for under a $100.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,007 total)
  • The topic ‘TOTD (tool of the day)’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.815 seconds